Sponsored

(fun list!) Bronco accessories to be avoided! (keep it friendly)

montess85

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Base
Do they make those dumb angry headlights for the Bronco yet like I see on the Jeeps? I serious hate those more than I should. LOL I automatically think the driver is an idiot. Please tell me they don't exist for the Bronco. If they do then that is the dumbest accessory.
Sponsored

Anvilair1973

Base
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2 door and 1994 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Probably the Mabett dash pads. I have tons of their products but these kinda stink. They really aren't "grippy" enough to stop things like a phone or sunglasses from sliding around on the dash. IMO they should be more like a rubber material with some plushness but they are closer to a hard plastic. Sorry Mabett.... Love everything else I have bought from you

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do they make those dumb angry headlights for the Bronco yet like I see on the Jeeps? I serious hate those more than I should. LOL I automatically think the driver is an idiot. Please tell me they don't exist for the Bronco. If they do then that is the dumbest accessory.
Yes, the "grumper" grill is available :sick:

BRONCO_MARC

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
How about the Ford slide-out cargo gizmo that claims to let you stretch out for sleeping in the Bronco or sitting on it, like a tailgate? We looked long and hard at adding one while doing the "Build and Price" at the dealer's. I thought it would be like sitting on the tailgate, enjoying the view, and having a cold one as we do on my truck. The wife objected that it was not solid enough to be functional and was overpriced, which I agreed with, and we decided against it. Did we do the right thing? Does anybody have one who likes it?

Last edited:

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2007 FLHTC "Classic"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The part sitting on a shelf in my garage still are my Rock Lights. I tried enlisting help to get them installed with no luck. Also - Not the highest priority; I'm not out at night enough to show off the underglow I was sure that I really needed.

Sponsored

Dover157

Black Diamond
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Mine had the hood protector when I bought it. While I don’t love the looks, I also don’t have any windshield chips in 18,000 miles.
It was one of the first things I got for mine. 27k miles and no cracks yet. And when you park next to a bronco without one in the summer you see just how many bugs it does deflect.

ralexander1211

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Wildtrak 4dr, '12 911 GTS
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ford cargo drawer. Pain to remove and reinstall on as needed. Cannot access the trunk without removing drawer. Width is short and leaves 2-4 " open space on each side for stuff to fall into.
I love the cargo drawer but it has flaws. I spent too much time building a platform to go on top of it to resolve the gap on the sides. And bought a hitch-cargo basket to make up for the lost storage space. But I love the ability to keep some items in the storage box at all times.

ralexander1211

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The TopLift Pros door cart. It's made for Jeeps and they did a half-assed job retrofitting it to work with Bronco doors. It just holds the doors upright but it does not secure them at all and the cover doesn't fit over the wider Bronco doors. They will fall right off without some extra bungee cords.

That said, the TLP lift works flawlessly.

Gypsy

Badlands
First Name
Maria
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Actually I like how they look, not that I would put one on the Bronco. But they look pretty good on a Jeep. I guess if you like how it looks then go ahead😀

ralexander1211

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Actually I like how they look, not that I would put one on the Bronco. But they look pretty good on a Jeep. I guess if you like how it looks then go ahead😀
They did look good but then one time I saw a meme about them and now I cannot respect them :crackup:

Sponsored

ChrisD

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands, 2021 Lincoln Corsair
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

IAG rear cup holder - they sent a replacement magnet totally unprovoked/unrequested (which was nice - have always had great service from them) but the metal bracket does not work to secure the cupholder down with ANY type of floor mat installed. And having it down on the floor just doesn't work for daily life with my family/two kids.

THIS! I thought it was just me, but trying to stuff the rubber floor mats under it is an utter pain in the butt. Thanks for reaffirming my experience!

ChrisD

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands, 2021 Lincoln Corsair
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Add the Ford folding tailgate table. The table itself is decent but requires you drill 4 holes in the tailgate of your new Bronco and the hardware Ford supplies to mount it once you’ve drilled those holes is garbage.
Yeah, I replaced those nutserts iwth rivnuts and it worked a lot better.

Sitruc_btb

Badlands
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Bronco script letters. Definitely does not look good
I second that.
Overplayed? Maybe. The 80's blocky text doesnt fit well either.

Best one Ive seen is the "1966 edition" Amazon badges.

TEAMSLO

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
23' Bronco 2.7 4d Oxford White & 22' JLURD
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I know.... it's amazon. Gave a couple things a try and resorted back to better quality.

Ditch light brackets, these rattled bad but in it's defense, I have XL80s which are heavy.
A-Pillar Light Bar Brackets for Bronco, Front Bumper LED Ditch Light Bracket for 3" Light Pod Compatible with 2021-2023 Ford Bronco 2/4 Door

Bumper hoop, again rattle so bad I had to turn them off. Had 2 LP6 mounted and had to again, purchase something of higher quality
Bull Bar Front Bumper Grille Brush Guard, Modular Spotlight Bull Bar Off Road Front Bumper Rack
Sponsored