Sponsored

Bronco Everglades

This club is for all Bronco Everglades owners and future owners🤙
66stmpd
Hummm.....As an owner of the Everglades, Jeep Wrangler 4xe Rubicon, and Jeep Gladiator owner I saw this video that popped up on my YouTube account and decided to take a look at it..... Ya, all watch it and give me your take on it.

Jeep Owner Drives and Reviews New Bronco Everglades

Show full message
Reactions: FowlBronco77
Glade Runner
Glade Runner
Mine isn’t built yet, but from test drives he is correct about the instruments, the lack of center armrest, and the parking brake. I agree it should have the swaybar disconnect. Some of the things he mentioned as negatives, like the lack of “advanced cruise control”, I see as a positive. Some of his concerns have been corrected, like the tie rods.

The noise issue I see echoed here, but my test drives (2.3 and 2.7) only got up to 45-50 and I didn’t notice it. I drove a rubicon on the exact same roads at the same speeds however (my dealers are next to each other), and did notice the solid front axle “road walk” of the rubicon.

Additionally, he is totally off on cost. He said the Jeep is 10K less. WRONG! I priced out a comparable Jeep to the Everglades because I wanted the factory installed winch. To get that on Jeep you have to get one of the rubicon models, and it is an extra cost option. To not have cloth seats requires moving from standard rubicon to either rubiconX or rubicon 392. While I’d like a 392, $100k for a car is even more stupid than $60k for the Everglades. So, that puts you in the rubiconX in order to be able to add the winch and not have cloth seats. Once configured to be comparable to the Everglades model it came out to just under $17K more. (I put dual tops on both, front locker, winch, etc. on the rubiconX -$17K more in the end.)

Also, I think he missed the point of the rubber floor mats (which you can get the carpeted ones for the same cost btw).

He did bring up some good points which I should have thought more about, like the engine bay, but for me it came down to $17K price difference. Yes there are still differences for that cost differential, like the Jeep would have leather instead of MGV, but they were as close as I could get them.

Anyway, my eruption green Everglades is scheduled for the week of February 05 and I am comfortable with my decision vs the rubicon.
friethmiller
friethmiller
Interesting. I've owned my Everglades for a year now and have put 16K miles on it - mostly hwy with some off-roading. Sorry to say he just sounds like a bitchy Jeep guy to me. His review isn't too far off but I think he missed the mark and is a bit jeep-biased. Like you said, some of his negatives are actually positives for me. Floor mats/no carpet = positive. MGV = positive, no b.s. engine cover = positive, IFS = positive, Cost vs comparably equipped Jeep = positive, 2.3L = positive, etc. The only real negative in my books is the wind noise. After about three months, I went ahead and installed the extra hardtop seals (that upgrade is documented on this site). Highly recommend it! With that said, the snorkel still causes wind noise with the passenger rear glass that I'm currently trying to remedy. Think how this video review would have gone down with the a lot of the negatives actually being neutral or even positives.
FowlBronco77
FowlBronco77
I couldn't watch it all. He just hates Ford. Mine isn't noisy on the inside at all. Windchill below zero driving, and the heater had no issues keeping it warm. Had to turn off the heated seats.
He complained about the material, but was incorrect on what the material actually is. So he doesn't know the reasoning of it. I just can't listen to more than 5 minutes of that guy. Sorry.
friethmiller
friethmiller
@FowlBronco77 - good to know! I do think my Bronco might need one of the passenger doors adjusted. The glass setting isn't quite right.
FowlBronco77
FowlBronco77
I get some of the issues one might have from stuff just not being perfect from the factory. And I might would agree with some of his assessments. But the guy just oozed with hate of Ford. Very thankful that I haven't had some of the issues I've read about. I had the hood problem, but I fixed that by adjusting the rubber stops. Thankfully the wind noise really isn't an issue in mine.
Skunkape24
Skunkape24
Did he say that wind noise on a 4 wheel drive vehicle upsets him? He should stick to driving something less aggressive like a bicycle, but slowly, so the wind noise doesn't get too loud and he can't hear himself talk.....

Share this group

Quick Overview

Category
BRONCO CLUBS / GROUPS
Language
English (US)
Total members
Total events
Total views