Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

As for the bad economy, from what I can tell the gap between the haves and have nots has gotten dramatically wider. Based on forum posts, it seems an almost even split between its-my-only-car owners and boomer-with-too-much-to-spend with the latter supporting ADMs and a lot of the aftermarket while also not sweating taking a $70k toy with $25k in accessories off road and not worrying if they wreck it.
But given internet 101 psychology, the vast majority of people who post here and other places are bitching/complaining about something...so negative posts are par for the course.

At the height of delays and whatnot this place got a bit unbearable (yeah I was one of them) but I had other people say the same thing about how negative things where here and had to take a break.
Sponsored

lwilliams34

Big Bend
First Name
Lorne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350/2024 Bronco Big Bend (Ordered)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I ordered my 2024BB with several upgrades which pushed the price to 48k. I know I could have gotten it for a lot less, but there were specific features I wanted and was willing to pay for them. When the vehicle came in my sales guy said they had 8 Broncos on the lot and were discounting 1k off sticker. I was pretty happy about that and my buying experience was great. I looked at the models they ordered for the lot as well as the dealership across town and they were all higher end models optioned to the max going for 55-60k.
I don't regret the purchase at all because I love the car, the color, the options, the 2-door look, the driving experience, etc.
I don't really care that a bunch are sitting on lots, it's not a car that most people are going to buy, just like there will always be Mustangs and other muscle cars sitting on lots because they aren't a boring hybrid cross over....

voxel

Heritage
First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

The OBX is the top mall crawling trim. :p So why all the shade thrown at the ultimate mall crawler?

The OBX is plenty capable, even without the front locker, I have not been disappointed with it on or off-road.
In the 40s the value is fine but not at current prices.

Ford doesn't care what the dealer makes selling on its product, why are you going to let the middleman (dealership) take all the extra profit if can? That was the whole point of the MSRP protection that was supposed to be enforced on the Bronco when it first released.

Cars aren't cheap at all any more and its not going to get any better any time soon...because buyers are stupid.
Nah, price cuts are coming. Jeep whacked $4600 of Grand Cherokees a week ago. Ford chopped $8100 off Mach-Es today. Wranglers are next due for a price reduction since sales have gone from 220K to 150K in 2 years. Maybe Toyota Highlanders within a year since sales plummeted 23% in 2023.

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Got a few sitting locally at MSRP and clown shoes dealers still adding adm to Raptor $5k+. Anybody that paid adm for regular Bronco especially last year got smoked.
Nope. I paid $2k ADM last May on an early MY23 MSRP... which in total was a few hundred bucks lower than the late MY23 MSRP and even lower than the 24 MY MSRP. And I have had my vehicle to enjoy for nearly a year, taken it on many back country trips, have slept in it for at least 2 weeks.

I never take out loans on vehicles and hold them for at least 10 years. That works out to less than $200/year because of the ADM. Some spend 3x that on coffee alone. It is important to a) only spend money you have and b) on things that matter to you.

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Nah, price cuts are coming. Jeep whacked $4600 of Grand Cherokees a week ago. Ford chopped $8100 off Mach-Es today. Wranglers are next due for a price reduction since sales have gone from 220K to 150K in 2 years. Maybe Toyota Highlanders within a year since sales plummeted 23% in 2023.
Check the details-pretty sure the Mach E is for 2023MY leftovers (which there is a fair amount) and it differs on which model it is.

A buddy of mine leased a Wrangler 4XE last summer and got some insane incentives on it. Something in the range of 10-15k after everything was said and done.

Sponsored

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Really, because it looks like my $48k Bronco has gotten much cheaper! At this rate it will be worth $0 by 2025.

Screenshot_20240220-203920.png

IMG_20220910_181104.jpg

Just wait a little longer and the bottom is going to fall out. That's how I managed to get my previous toy for a fraction of the cost new.
Not arguing that market is adjusting…which BTW is a good thing, but your low value has more to do with the nearly 100,000 miles on your rig.

GreenMtnBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BadSquatch; 13 Wrangler JK; 04 Lifted Mini
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They're still selling very well locally, but with the refresh rumored for 2025, and interest rates the way they are... I don't think anyone is rushing out to buy them anymore.

Seems to be impacting every vehicle though, not just the Bronco or Ford. Dealer lots are nice a plump where I am locally. For whatever reason the smaller crossover hybrids are still selling like crazy—practically impossible to find a Rav4 Hybrid or an Escape Hybrid locally. But other than those hybrids, it's pretty easy to find stuff nowadays.
Everything is available, interest rates are working and still taking time to kick in. I have a reservation for a Hummer EV, no idea if I will ever want it, but my build date is likely summer or fall of 25. I've had my dealer and another call me to offer me vehicles, and they all went quickly from 40k over to 10k over to MSRP and below.

I am sure if you walked into a Ford dealer and did a financing deal at the end of the month (remember they make $ on the financing) you could squeeze a lot out of them.

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Everything is available, interest rates are working and still taking time to kick in. I have a reservation for a Hummer EV, no idea if I will ever want it, but my build date is likely summer or fall of 25.
I was under the impression that the demand for the hummer EV was really soft-why such the long wait? Maybe you mean 2024?!

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was under the impression that the demand for the hummer EV was really soft-why such the long wait? Maybe you mean 2024?!
Heck, I’m already seeing the Hummer EV SUV for under MSRP around here. They look great, but range is not…especially in these cold states.

Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Pre-covid, it seemed pretty predictable. Credit Unions' rates could only usually be beat by a motivated manufacturer trying to move old inventory at 0.9% or something (vs. their ~4% or something). If you wanted something new or popular (like a C&D 10 Best winner for example), Credit Unions, especially if you had great credit, were almost always a few % lower than at a dealer. When interest rates went up over the last few years, CUs couldn't afford to offer lower rates as their cost of capital had gone up. The last two times I checked, I was getting quoted 7-8%. Hate to think what dealers are offering buyers with bad credit for popular cars. Buyers have reacted by going from 60 months to 84 or more to keep their payments in check.

As for the bad economy, from what I can tell the gap between the haves and have nots has gotten dramatically wider. Based on forum posts, it seems an almost even split between its-my-only-car owners and boomer-with-too-much-to-spend with the latter supporting ADMs and a lot of the aftermarket while also not sweating taking a $70k toy with $25k in accessories off road and not worrying if they wreck it.
Initially I expected a lot of Broncos going to connected and big spending people. That's just the way of the world. Although I wasn't prepared for just how many big spenders there are around here. Such as people throwing money at 3 or even 4 brand new Broncos for all their family members or whatever. That sort of thing doesn't happen in my zip code, lol.

GreenMtnBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BadSquatch; 13 Wrangler JK; 04 Lifted Mini
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

honestly not even keeping track. I know if i REALLY wanted one, I could forget the build and just go get it.. I like the bronco, have a lot of mods invested in it. works for me. I take it off road quite a bit in Vermont. I did get it for MSRP in Nov '21, so if I decided to exit it, I'd have to think i would do ok if I find someone who wants a highly modded bronco.

huey

Badlands
First Name
kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI VW EOS GMC Envoy Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Things are starting to get crazy.
Ford Store with (21) total Broncos lined up out front including 2 Raptors.
Most of these Broncos have been sitting on the lot for months.

All listed at $2,000 to $3,000 off MSRP (Minus Raptors, $500 off).
They have a Shelter Green 2024 Raptor in transit. Sticker shows it’s just shy of $100,000.

The market has most definitely corrected itself. No more ADM.
How Long are these Broncos going to sit on the lot?
Do you think they will ever sell these at current prices?
seems to be regional
locally to me (I hour above nashville) there are two dealers
last week dealer in town had 1 bronco
dealer just on edge of town had 5
they never stay on the lot for very long

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Things are starting to get crazy.
Ford Store with (21) total Broncos lined up out front including 2 Raptors.
Most of these Broncos have been sitting on the lot for months.

All listed at $2,000 to $3,000 off MSRP (Minus Raptors, $500 off).
They have a Shelter Green 2024 Raptor in transit. Sticker shows it’s just shy of $100,000.

The market has most definitely corrected itself. No more ADM.
How Long are these Broncos going to sit on the lot?
Do you think they will ever sell these at current prices?

IMG_2360.jpeg
This shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. The Bronco has been out for four years. There has been huge price increases (my Base Bronco would cost $10,000 more today to replace) and same with interest rates. Not only that many are feeling the pinch of inflation. Even so, Carvana is still offering me $3000 more than the MSRP I paid for my Base Bronco which I think is kinda crazy. Dealers in my area don't have many Broncos on the lot, I saw just one the last time I drove by.

BCKMRKR

Wildtrak
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Wildtrak 2-Door, '19 Miata, '15 M235i
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have had my vehicle to enjoy for nearly a year, taken it on many back country trips, have slept in it for at least 2 weeks.
If I were to bring another car home, pretty sure I'd be sleeping outside in too until my wife calms down...
Sponsored