Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We took delivery of our new Bronco Badlands 2 weeks ago and are excited about exploring places most people don't see. For a long time we were looking for a good RV, but the quality and pricing soured that plan. Retirement and a Bronco will be a great combination. Hope to meet some of you on the trail.
Sponsored

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Welcome.
Having known more than a few retired couples that had the idea of RV-ing their way through retirement only to have it fizzle after a couple months, I think you made the right decision.
I recommend renting an RV a few times before dropping the coin on one. Some love it for life others get over it pretty quick. 🤠

raqball

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Congrats on retirement and the Bronco..

I am retired as well and really never had any interest in an RV. A Bronco will take you places the RV never could. I also prefer tent camping and staying at dispersed camp sites. I rarely ever stay at traditional camp sites..

To each their own but if you enjoy exploring off the beaten path places the Bronco is the correct choice..

If you are not into on the ground tent camping then maybe look into a roof rack and a roof top tent..

Jsullivan

Base
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Explorer, 2016 F350 Diesel, 2013 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford Bronco Bronco or RV?! 1713901443158-do

Something like this might have worked. lol
If you can't afford a large RV and flat tow your Bronco!!
I think the Bronco was a good choice.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
We took delivery of our new Bronco Badlands 2 weeks ago and are excited about exploring places most people don't see. For a long time we were looking for a good RV, but the quality and pricing soured that plan. Retirement and a Bronco will be a great combination. Hope to meet some of you on the trail.
Have fun. Not sure I'll ever be able to retire.

Bronco FTW. Reason being myself and wife have very much enjoyed remote camping using 4x4s. I'm not an established campground kind of guy, with all the noise/boozing/ruckus that sometimes entails.

I recall the official rule in Colorado was you had to be 1/4 mile from a waterway to camp in the national forest land. We enjoyed navigating a 4x4 trail up into the mountains, and then camping under the stars with no one else around.

Sponsored

EasternSierra

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Transit Connect van
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bronco FTW. Reason being myself and wife have very much enjoyed remote camping using 4x4s. I'm not an established campground kind of guy, with all the noise/boozing/ruckus that sometimes entails.
I hear you. Where allowed I'd much rather camp remotely.

One Friday night when I was a college student in LA, I noticed that the frat next door was clearly gearing up for a big party that would certainly keep me awake with noise until the early morning. As a lifelong insomniac I don't like losing sleep unless I choose to, for good reason.

So I got the bright idea of heading up to the San Gabriel Mtns. to a nice, quiet, peaceful campground I'd previously enjoyed. There wasn't an option to camp remotely in that national forest because of the huge population next door; you had to use a campground.

Tossed in a few supplies to my 4x4 pickup and off I went. But, when I arrived there somebody was saturating the whole campground with their very loud music. I figured that complaining to those responsible could end up with it being my mouth vs. their fists... or gun.

I know! There's a campground on top of Pacifico Mtn. I'd noticed on a previous trip. It's really remote and you need a 4x4 to get to it. I got there and... more absolutely blasting music from one party there. By now it's close to midnight. Ugghh...

I pull out the forest map and find a campground way out there near Lake Hughes. Too far for those LA party animals who want a quick trip to the nearby mountains for their drunken fun? Get back to the highway, start off in the right direction, but get pulled over by the game warden who sees a pickup with camper shell on the road after midnight as being suspicious. Let go after a brief inspection (no poached deer or deer parts in the bed!) and try to decompress so I'll be able to sleep when I get there.

Finally pull into the chosen campground, dark and quiet, lay out the sleeping bag under the shell, and fall asleep at 2 AM. Then...

BANG!! BANG!!! Yeeehaaawwwww! BANG BANG!!! Whoops and hollers! I look at my watch. It's 6 AM. Someone was shooting off a gun in the campground which is really not allowed. I didn't try to tell them that and just left without making breakfast.

I'd been better off staying at home, getting to sleep there at 2AM, and sleeping in.

YMMV.

73Corvetteman

Big Bend
First Name
Duane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I hear you. Where allowed I'd much rather camp remotely.

One Friday night when I was a college student in LA, I noticed that the frat next door was clearly gearing up for a big party that would certainly keep me awake with noise until the early morning. As a lifelong insomniac I don't like losing sleep unless I choose to, for good reason.

So I got the bright idea of heading up to the San Gabriel Mtns. to a nice, quiet, peaceful campground I'd previously enjoyed. There wasn't an option to camp remotely in that national forest because of the huge population next door; you had to use a campground.

Tossed in a few supplies to my 4x4 pickup and off I went. But, when I arrived there somebody was saturating the whole campground with their very loud music. I figured that complaining to those responsible could end up with it being my mouth vs. their fists... or gun.

I know! There's a campground on top of Pacifico Mtn. I'd noticed on a previous trip. It's really remote and you need a 4x4 to get to it. I got there and... more absolutely blasting music from one party there. By now it's close to midnight. Ugghh...

I pull out the forest map and find a campground way out there near Lake Hughes. Too far for those LA party animals who want a quick trip to the nearby mountains for their drunken fun? Get back to the highway, start off in the right direction, but get pulled over by the game warden who sees a pickup with camper shell on the road after midnight as being suspicious. Let go after a brief inspection (no poached deer or deer parts in the bed!) and try to decompress so I'll be able to sleep when I get there.

Finally pull into the chosen campground, dark and quiet, lay out the sleeping bag under the shell, and fall asleep at 2 AM. Then...

BANG!! BANG!!! Yeeehaaawwwww! BANG BANG!!! Whoops and hollers! I look at my watch. It's 6 AM. Someone was shooting off a gun in the campground which is really not allowed. I didn't try to tell them that and just left without making breakfast.

I'd been better off staying at home, getting to sleep there at 2AM, and sleeping in.

YMMV.
It sucks nowadays, people only think of themselves anymore. I try very hard not to disturb those around me when camping. Just plain common sense.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Congratulations on your Bronco, Gary! Thanks for being a member of the Ford family!

OP
OP
GFPJTAUL

GFPJTAUL

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Welcome.
Having known more than a few retired couples that had the idea of RV-ing their way through retirement only to have it fizzle after a couple months, I think you made the right decision.
I recommend renting an RV a few times before dropping the coin on one. Some love it for life others get over it pretty quick. 🤠
While the kids were young we had 5th wheels and truck campers and enjoyed them. Covid ruined the RV industry, just not the same. But even then, we knew some that retired and tried "full timing"; none we have known worked out. Our first trip out with the Badlands we went down to eastern Kentucky and traveled part of the DBBB. Looks like it was old oil pumping station roads, as well as forest roads. We are most certainly hooked.

Sponsored
OP
OP
GFPJTAUL

GFPJTAUL

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Congratulations on your Bronco, Gary! Thanks for being a member of the Ford family!
Appreciate you reaching out. We live 15 miles from the Super Duty plant and want to support our neighbors! But, we already had an F350.

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Gary - Nothing close here, Check out the interior of Big Bend Ranch State Park. 170 miles of FWD trails and very remote camping. No shade,, but fall, winter and spring…. Rugged and desolate if you’re looking for that.