Sponsored

Daughter's One Yr old Kona totalled for airbags...nothing to do with Bronco!

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hubby dropped a tire off pavement, slid down a 3' ditch into some shrubbery...some small front end damage, but popped airbags.

They say whole dash and bags need to be replaced. TOTALLED IT! A year old...30k or so? Really? *smh*.....I've seen some of you post before that when the bags pop it's total and I thought you were kidding. I guess not.

Just had to vent somewhere.
Sponsored

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sorry to hear that. I get why all the air bags, but geez they're costly to replace.

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yeah it sucks, I've heard of rediculous damage getting a vehicle totaled - a lady near us dinged her fender and cracked a headlight assembly in a snow bank. Perfectly drivable, apart from the headlight it was just cosmetic.

That was a totaled. They were afraid the unibody may have been bent (they didn't actually check to see if it was), the headlamp assembly came in at some ridiculous number (they all do today really, but still), and paint for the fender and bumper.

She was mad, I don't blame her. I don't know if she bought it back under a salvage title and had it repaired or if she just took the check. I should go find out, now that I'm curious
Sponsored