Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

With the news that Ford is cutting 2024 F150 Lightning production in half due to huge loss of interest in EVs, Ford getting rid of the Base Bronco trim and raising the base cost of a Bronco from $28.5k in 2021 to $39k now, and not being able to get a decently optioned Ranger for around $40k, I really hope they go bankrupt and are forced to close up shop if they don't lower prices and bring back value-packed affordable trims. Americans have been trying to tell the government and automakers to take their EVs and stick them where the sun doesn't shine for a while now. Americans have been telling automakers that their vehicles are becoming WAY too expensive for years now. Americans have been telling automakers that their dealerships raping people with huge ADM should be nipped in the bud for years now.

It's not just Ford either. Jeep got rid of their Willys Sport trim and force people to go straight to the Willys trim for an extra $8k-$10k. I hope all these automakers fall on their faces if they don't bring vehicles down in price by at least 20%.
Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Saw a standard cab F250 on the lot the other day.
$73,000

Who the hell is paying that, or anywhere close to it for a standard cab truck?
Man, I must be getting old... or something.
That just seems obscene.

I now know why they literally refer to them as Gold Bricks .... also explains why Ford ponied up the cash after the UAW shut down Ky Truck Plant , where they make those gold bricks.

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Prices reflect what people are willing to pay.

And we know from 3 years of Bronco ADM that people are fnking idiots.

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How did you think inflation worked? Pretty much how you described above. Prices go up and we all complain about it and they still go up. Never changes.
He clearly stated ‘It's not just Ford either. Jeep got rid of their Willys Sport trim and force people to go straight to the Willys trim for an extra $8k-$10k. I hope all these automakers fall on their faces if they don't bring vehicles down in price by at least 20%.’

and from that statement he has no idea.

TrailDust

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco, 23 Bronco Sport, 97 F-150, 07 Cummins
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My company is paying north of $70k for jobs requiring a GED or HS diploma, cost of manufacturing has gone through the roof. Price to the consumer has to go up, and apparently you failed to notice everything has spiked in cost. Prices aren't going to go down barring a massive economic downturn which would be bad for everyone.

Trust me, there is plenty of wealth to buy these trucks, even in my flyover state.

Who iz

Badlands
First Name
Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, 4Runner, Jimmy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Things go up and often cycles moderate back down. Applies to currency, stocks, products, quality of living, health, nations, international relations, boarder restrictions and even personal relationships. The spin continues. Recommend to buy in when low, and recognize the sell by date when the time is right.
Or even better marry well and buy a Bronco -
and enjoy the ride while it lasts?

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
After all, since no one can operate a motor vehicle these days without nav, lane warning, auto braking, hands free driving, heated everything interiors, dash screens that rival portable tv’s, airbags that protect occupants from other air bags, collision warning, telephone/texting apps, and “. Hey idiot you left your fob in the running vehicle” add ons, the cost of a vehicle will reflect this.
Sponsored