Sponsored

Front Bumper Replace and Paint (Bronco Raptor)

the314boss

Raptor
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
good morning!

i had an unfortunate turn of events last week and my BRaptor was struck in the front end. fortunately, the modular bumper (horizontal steel main assembly) is reasonably tough and there was no other damage than that...

i drove a couple hours away for a takeoff that appeared to be in perfect shape - but when i got it home and cleaned it up, it became obvious someone had touched it up (paint only, no damage structurally) - and it was not going to look restored until i repaint the whole thing.

looking for a bright spot in all of this, i thought it might be a great time to take on a little mod to the front to get rid of the "excess silver" plaguing the warthog's front end. couple of questions for the group:

1) does anyone know the paint code or a match for the OEM paint for the modular bumper? i want to say the dealer was calling it "carbon black" but most references i see to that are a body color/metallic, this is obviously a textured matte finish.

2) let the fun begin: which of the two options below strikes you (anyone interested in commenting) as the best look for a partial black treatment? i don't intend to paint the bash plate - because it's going to get bashed - so i am torn between the masked look of the first option (much like the "chin" of my old F-150 Raptor) or the straight across look of painting the entire plastic trim cover.

Ford Bronco Front Bumper Replace and Paint (Bronco Raptor) IMG_1788E

Ford Bronco Front Bumper Replace and Paint (Bronco Raptor) IMG_1788F
Sponsored

APEX REX

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Braptor and 21 2D Base 2.7 SAS
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I like the 2nd (bottom) version better, it looks much cleaner.

22 Spyder

Raptor
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rubicon mod (DD),2022 Porsche Spyder(weekend)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
If I was you I would bed line the bumper and skid plates with Line-X with the ultra-violet coating. I have the TNT steps on my Rubicon Line-X'd with the UV coating and it still looks great after 7+ years. Should run you a few hundred buck but will be well worth it in the long run IMO. Check out a local Line-X coater and see what they can do for you (y)

OP
OP
the314boss

the314boss

Raptor
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
circling back around to see if anyone could tell me a good/exact match to the OEM color of the heavy duty modular bumper? the OEM part says it is "carbon black" but i can't find a paint code to match... wanting to paint the plastic lower lip and tow hooks the same color.
Sponsored