First Name
Min
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang, 2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Digital dash swap usually just plugs and play and some Forscan tweaks at most especially with Ford.

Source: Countless number of posts on Mustang6g
Sponsored

plogan1379

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ioniq 5
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I am shocked nobody has done this…I guess the cluster is just hard to get or something? Not to mention it is expensive I suppose?

OP
OP

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am shocked nobody has done this…I guess the cluster is just hard to get or something? Not to mention it is expensive I suppose?
I think its ~$800 to $1000 for the cluster and surround. That's quite an investment for something that might not work. I don't have the budget right now as I am having a garage addition build this summer, but might be willing to try once that is complete.

I also really don't want to be out $1K if it doesn't work, though I would start with the cluster and add the surround later. I think I mentioned this earlier in the thread, but if nobody does this in the next few months, I might do a crowd source style experiment where I ask for money to buy it. If it works, I keep it and return everyone's money, but if it doesn't, and I can't return the cluster, then I keep the money so I'm not out $800 for being the guinea pig ;)

plogan1379

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ioniq 5
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I think its ~$800 to $1000 for the cluster and surround. That's quite an investment for something that might not work. I don't have the budget right now as I am having a garage addition build this summer, but might be willing to try once that is complete.

I also really don't want to be out $1K if it doesn't work, though I would start with the cluster and add the surround later. I think I mentioned this earlier in the thread, but if nobody does this in the next few months, I might do a crowd source style experiment where I ask for money to buy it. If it works, I keep it and return everyone's money, but if it doesn't, and I can't return the cluster, then I keep the money so I'm not out $800 for being the guinea pig ;)
I honestly think that this would be a great idea to see if it is feasible. I would definitely partake. I do not have enough knowledge to tackle this from the ground up (I can follow directions well, just not “poke” around well).

I will be following and if you start this project I will be one of the first to help the cause. Because, if it does work, I will do the same.

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

That's really interesting, my '99 Sebring stored the mileage in the ECU and the cluster simply displayed it. Source: in 2001 I bought a cluster off ebay, it had more miles but I wanted to install indiglo overlays (remember those ;) ) and I didn't want to crack into my stock cluster. When I plugged in the new cluster, it displayed the mileage of the car not the mileage of the cluster.

I wonder if there are any issues with mileage in this sense. So maybe it stores mileage in both the ECM and the dash for the Bronco, and if you start it up with a discrepancy it alerts Ford and you now have unverified mileage? Just thinking this through as I don't want to kill the value of my brand new $60K vehicle.
Yep, Jbodies (Cavaliers/Sunfires, etc) were the same way once they moved over to the digital mileage readout. Info was stored in the BCM (body control module) and you could swap clusters to your heart's content. I had to do it once when mine crapped out me.

And yes the indiglo overlays, hahaha.

Sponsored

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It has already been done by a member on this forum.
However, according to them, there are some large programming hurdles mainly due to the way the odometer works.

See post 30:
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...-and-lane-centering.71121/page-2#post-1890876

OP
OP

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands