First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Bronco Wildtrak, ‘22 Tundra TRD PRO
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
They look cool, no doubt. I feel like they are a great vehicle for somebody who wants a classic Land Rover body style with the modern creature comforts and luxury. Looks and comfort. It’s not going to compete with the off-road capability of Broncos and Wranglers, but I don’t think it was meant to be in the same category.
I agree - the Grenadiers are more heavy duty overland vehicle than Moab rock crawler. Like the old Defender, they‘re designed more for African safaris and venturing across the Australian Outback. I think bombproof dependability is what they’re shooting for. They passed on things like sway bar disconnects and trail assist turning in favor of simplicity. I hope they hit their target. I was mostly a Toyota guy. I’m not accustomed to vehicles leaving me stranded.
Sponsored

OP
OP
bikesandguitars

bikesandguitars

Wildtrak
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Doesn’t it have the BMW inline-6? You stated V6.
Sorry - so used to saying V6 that was subconscious. It’s the straight 6 BMW engine. The reliable one. Not the other one. 😜

CarGuy

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Forgot to ask, some folks are complaining about the passenger side foot well and there being a hump that encroaches on the space. Your thoughts?

OP
OP
bikesandguitars

bikesandguitars

Wildtrak
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Forgot to ask, some folks are complaining about the passenger side foot well and there being a hump that encroaches on the space. Your thoughts?
I saw that complaint online before I picked it up. It was one of the first things I checked. It’s 100% a non issue for me. It’s comfortable. I have to wonder if that’s a right hand drive issue? The only wierd thing on the passenger side is the fire extinguisher. I suppose that might encroach if you tucked your legs in close.

Sponsored
OP
OP
bikesandguitars

bikesandguitars

Wildtrak
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Also, feel like I did okay on my trade-in price. $52,500. 2022 Wildtrak.

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Umm..Who makes that? A German car? France? I never heard of this vehicle...Looks like its trying to be a G Wagon and a Old school Landrover cross dressing...

FleshTuxedo

Outer Banks
First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 OBX 2dr.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I had a deposit down on one of these when I had one on the Bronco as well...
Funnily enough, their east coast headquarters or whatever are literally 5 minutes from me.
Can't wait to check them out.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Aside from the $25K difference in starting price, the Grenadier is a very different animal.

From a driver perspective, the recirculating ball steering system is the very first thing you notice, well, maybe after you notice there is no push button start. Personally, I like the feel of the steering. It’s a little more point and shoot. But it’s probably not for everyone. I would imagine that if you live in a dense, urban / suburban area, the steering would eventually be a bit of a workout. I live in the boonies of Colorado so no big deal for me. However, the Grenadier’s steering system is far and away the more robust trail solution - (that is as long as the tie rods hold out 🥴😜).

The Recaro seats are very nice. They’re supportive and very comfortable. I’m 6’2 / 215 lbs and they feel great on my frame. I prefer the Grenadier seats and the driver position to my Bronco. I can bend my knees a little more in the Grenadier.

The Grenadier is also full-time four wheel drive with a solid front axle. It feels more like a Land Cruiser than a Jeep or a Bronco. A lot more. The Bronco feels lighter and more nimble. The Grenadier feels more substantial - like it would drive smoothly through an earthquake.

One big win for the Bronco is the turning radius. The Grenadier turns like a small yacht. A U-turn on a three lane highway has to be planned just right to remain on the pavement. Thats gonna hurt on some of our mountain switchbacks.

Overall, the quality feel of the Grenadier is reflective of the price difference. it oozes quality. I’ve owned Lexus LX’s and a Range Rover. So far, I would put the Grenadier in the same category. There are no rattles, or hard plastic parts (except the floors - there are no floor mats available yet - but there are drain plugs!).

Ergonomically, the safari windows, rooftop switches and airplane cockpit in the Grenadier are a step above. Definitely a win for the Grenadier. However, you can’t remove the roof or doors so, if going convertible is important, it’s definitely a win for the Bronco.

The Grenadier has a little more storage behind the seats vs a hard top 4-door Bronco. 40.6 to 35.6 ft3, respectively. The Grenadier also has more tie downs and latches for storing gear internally. One bummer for the Grenadier is that the folded rear seats create a floor that is approx 2 inches higher than the floor of the rear cargo area. You would have a very uncomfortable bunk if you tried to make a bed with the seats folded down in the Grenadier.

The exterior L-track on the Grenadier is also very handy for securing gear. Lighter items like shovels and traction boards can be attached. I’ve even seen a small, fold down step attachment.

I also like the ladder on the Grenadier. I spent a few hours installing a Kuat ski rack, Gobi tool box and Rhino jerry can holder on the Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform. It was nice to climb the ladder and walk around on the roof trying different placements for the gear.

Towing capacity is 7,716 lbs on the V6 Grenadier vs 4,500 lbs for the four cylinder Bronco.

Fuel efficiency is stated at 15 mpg for the Grenadier. I believe I was getting around 17 mpg in the Bronco.

The Sasquatch Bronco wins big on ground clearance - 11.6 inches vs 10.4 inches.

All in all, I’m very happy with the Grenadier so far. However, the nearest Grenadier service center is 120 miles from my house. The Ford dealer was approximately 15 miles away. If reliability is an issue, I’m gonna have regrets. 🥴
Thanks for sharing the review. I've got a 1972 Series III 88 Land Rover, it's been a fun vehicle. I feel like the Bronco is what the new Defender should have been. Glad to see the Grenadier is keeping some of the old school LR vibe alive.

T2Canuck

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17BMW330i, 70Porsche911, 22BroncoBadlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Also, feel like I did okay on my trade-in price. $52,500. 2022 Wildtrak.
Congrats on a great looking Grenadier! Mine is in transit and should arrive at Brunswich, GA on 3/7. I think that is a great trade-in price. I hope to do the same with my loaded '22 Badlands. Wishing I could keep both though as they are amazingly capable vehicles.

Sponsored

WeirdFlex

Badlands
First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TL, Honda CR-V, MG Midget
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They are really sweet in person. Congrats! We saw one while traveling in Scotland, and I wish I had gotten to chat with the owner. Excited to see any more posts you do put up of it hitting the trails.
Ford Bronco Ineos Grenadier IMG_2069

popo_patty

Big Bend
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco/1996 Jeep XJ/1957 FC-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

CAtuned off-road just picked one up and are almost done designing an awesome winch bumper and other stuff! They gonna hit some trails with me eventually to film it alongside a Bronco. I really like them but agree, they are more of a overland rig vs a rock crawler. Which is totally fine! I just don’t think we will ever see much on 37’s haha. I wish though. They give me Land Cruiser vibes as far as how they will be used and modified.
Sponsored