First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So I started getting this message pop up every time I start the Bronco. Started yesterday. "Blind Spot and Cross Traffic Alert Deactivated. Trailer Attached". Today, after a short time, the left blinker starts fast blinking. Front and rear blinker lights work fine.

There is NOT a trailer attached and never has been. I haven't been able to find a setting for this manually. There is no water in the connections - I even hit it with the leaf blower just in case. Checked, as in looked, all wiring in back bumper. Harness is NOT rubbing the drivetrain.

It did rain Saturday night, but no more than it has since I first got it.

Any thoughts or ideas. I'd really rather not have to bring this in for service and be without a vehicle.

Video attached - the loud bump is me closing door.
Sponsored

Attachments

JScheier

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2dr Wildtrak, '11 BMW M3, '96 Ford Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If it's anything like the system in F150/250/350s, go into the trailer setup and make sure that no trailer is connected in that setup. All the technology in the world and it can't figure out that nothing is connected to the 7/4 pin harness.

OP
OP

dclark127

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If it's anything like the system in F150/250/350s, go into the trailer setup and make sure that no trailer is connected in that setup. All the technology in the world and it can't figure out that nothing is connected to the 7/4 pin harness.
Where is that setting? I have fumbled through everything and don't see anywhere to set it manually.

JScheier

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2dr Wildtrak, '11 BMW M3, '96 Ford Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Where is that setting? I have fumbled through everything and don't see anywhere to set it manually.
On my F250, it's on the trailer setup screen.

THIS seems to cover bronco trailer settings.

Other items that came up with that error message are damaged to the 7/4 pin connector and/or dirt & debris in the connector itself.

OP
OP

dclark127

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Still do not believe there is a setting to manually turn the trailer connection on and off. The video reference above is about using it and he specifically mentions it being different than the F-150. I am stumped and it is still going on. It would be nice if there was a Ford technical help line of some sort - in the hopes that its an easy fix.

Sponsored

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
On my F250, it's on the trailer setup screen.

THIS seems to cover bronco trailer settings.

Other items that came up with that error message are damaged to the 7/4 pin connector and/or dirt & debris in the connector itself.
Definitely not the trailer screen/options like I have in my F150, similar to what you have in the 250. I just realized that the Bronco blind spot alert won't work like my trucks' BLISS system. Not a biggie for me though.

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So I started getting this message pop up every time I start the Bronco. Started yesterday. "Blind Spot and Cross Traffic Alert Deactivated. Trailer Attached". Today, after a short time, the left blinker starts fast blinking. Front and rear blinker lights work fine.

There is NOT a trailer attached and never has been. I haven't been able to find a setting for this manually. There is no water in the connections - I even hit it with the leaf blower just in case. Checked, as in looked, all wiring in back bumper. Harness is NOT rubbing the drivetrain.

It did rain Saturday night, but no more than it has since I first got it.

Any thoughts or ideas. I'd really rather not have to bring this in for service and be without a vehicle.

Video attached - the loud bump is me closing door.
I get that identical message on my Ranger, but that’s due to my installing a tri-fold tonneau cover with an led strip above the tail gate. It’s hard wired into the hitch wiring thru an adapter and it thinks I have a trailer attached. Tried to find a way to override it, but no luck.

OP
OP

dclark127

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Just spent an hour tracing the wiring as best I could to see if something was rubbing or loose and I see nothing.

I also connected a trailer for the FIRST time to see if the connect/disconnect would trigger something. Nope. All of the lights worked on the trailer too. The left blinker still did the fast blink though.

Resigned to the fact that I will have to go to the dealer....

OP
OP

dclark127

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Just an update to this thread. I had to have it into the dealership for service. Apparently, the trailer module went bad. Not sure where that is yet, but it's back and running great...

Just a note on the dealership where I purchased my Bronco - Woody Folsom Ford in Baxley, GA. They are AMAZING! I went with them initially because they were on the list for honoring the MSRP pricing - even though they are about 1.5 hours away. I really could not be happier. I did visit the much closer Ford dealer for this service, but they didn't have anything available for 2 weeks and would NOT have a loaner car for me. Once I left, I immediately called Woody Folsom and the service rep must have sensed my frustrations - A brand new vehicle with a very strange problem (I was worried it was going to be a lot worse). She got in touch with my sales rep, he called and sent someone with a loaner to pick up my Bronco - and they arrived in 1.5 hours. It took a few days with the Holidays, but they brought it back as soon as it was ready.

I have been telling everyone around me about how great they are! The sales rep - Alex Conley and Fallon Williamson in the service department really did Ford proud as far as I am concerned.

Brownie

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, 1981 Trans Am, 1972 Austin Mini
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just started on mine a few days ago.....grrrr!
Sponsored