First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak Velocity Blue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
After getting a tow harness installed by my dealership, I kept getting “No Key Detected” warnings which caused all kinds of problems like: the door handles not automatically unlocking when I put my hand on the handle, needing to lock/unlock the Bronco with the fob while sitting in the drivers seat to be able to start the vehicle, getting No Key Detected warnings on the dash after I just started the vehicle, and countless other fun annoyances while I was 800 miles away on vacation the day after the harness install. Anyway, I found out where the key’s antenna was and, wouldn’t you know it, it wasn’t plugged back in when they put Humpty Dumpty back together again. Here’s where it’s located. Not sure if there’s an antenna on the other side as well.

The instructions show a soft top, but I have a 4 door hard top and the key’s antenna was similarly placed. Hope this helps someone!

IMG_5969.jpeg
Sponsored

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

There are actually 5 PATS antennas

Ford Bronco Your Bronco has an Antenna for its Key Fob IMG_2014

Ford Bronco Your Bronco has an Antenna for its Key Fob IMG_2015

OP
OP

pigfury

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak Velocity Blue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
👆 this guy gets it!

2022 base

Base
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Chevy, 2004 Cooper S
Your Bronco Model
Base
Good info to know, thanks for posting. I found this out today when I got in and started it to test out my new audio system and had the back passenger panel off (sensor unplugged) the dash said no key detected.

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just wanted to thank @pigfury and @Ducati1098 for this 2023 thread. I had bookmarked it for later use. The Bronco not recognizing the key fob (unless held near the center console) was a constant irritant. I finally got the rig into the dealer to finish all recall work, including the new front windshield, and when I went in, I brought the above diagram of the antennas and told them to look at all of them and make the thing right.

Sure enough, they found some loose connections. They got everything tightened down and I think he said something about "resetting a module", but anyway, it works great now! The Bronco always recognizes the key when I get in. (y)
Sponsored