Sponsored

loubif

Threads
Reaction score
I really like that rendering but it seems to be based off of the F150, not the new Ranger platform, jmho.

Jgood121

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F-150, 1967 Cougar, 1986 Bronco
I love the renderings in the initial post, if that's what they end up looking like, just point me to who I need to throw money at for a White one ... or Grabber / Bright Blue... the one at the top of Page 10 here would be decent... so far from what I have seen of the baby Bronco my money would be spent someplace else.

Metal_Horses

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Bronco, 1969 Mustang, 85 SVO, Mach-e
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's sad that we're coming up on 3 years since the first "Rendering" post. C'mon Ford!

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'71 Bronco, '02 Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It's sad that we're coming up on 3 years since the first "Rendering" post. C'mon Ford!
Well, since we're still around 23 months from delivery, we're going to have a hard time basing what Ford is doing on what the Internet graphic artists guess at.

I could post my WAG rendering of the 2031 Boss GT, how tired will we be of waiting for something official from Ford by February of 2029? The clock doesn't start when the Internet starts speculating.

Sponsored

Metal_Horses

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Bronco, 1969 Mustang, 85 SVO, Mach-e
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, since we're still around 23 months from delivery, we're going to have a hard time basing what Ford is doing on what the Internet graphic artists guess at.

I could post my WAG rendering of the 2031 Boss GT, how tired will we be of waiting for something official from Ford by February of 2029? The clock doesn't start when the Internet starts speculating.
The internet didn't start dreaming/rendering until Ford announced it was coming back. You'd think that 3 years after announcing it, we would have seen something other than a sheet covered truck. Then once we see it, we're another year + from being able to buy it.

ford.com still says "Coming in 2020". But it also says "Back and badder than ever." I guess for now we'll have to take their word on that...

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
People have been dreaming up renderings of the "new Bronco" since 1997. It's just the nature of people to speculate in a vacuum of information. The Internet and digital media took it to new levels though. I'm not at all a fan of renderings, it's just somebody else's wild guess at what it's going to look like.

Ford probably doesn't apply a lot of weight to the metric of our levels of impatience. Think about it: if they gave us an exterior photo, we'd complain that we don't know what interior color options there are. Or what the gauge panel is going to look like. Then we'd moan about engine options. Gear ratios. " Will a winch bumper be available and how much will it cost." "What will the Raptor version look like - there IS going to be a Raptor version, right?" "Will a V8 be available in the Raptor?" "Won't the front end be too heavy with a V8 and the winch bumper?" "Why do they keep teasing us with just pictures, when will we SEE it?" The demands would be endless. And pointless.

We'll see marketing materials and spy photos when Ford is good and ready - and that will be based on how long it will be until it is going to hit showrooms, not on how long it's been since it was announced.

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
People have been dreaming up renderings of the "new Bronco" since 1997. It's just the nature of people to speculate in a vacuum of information. The Internet and digital media took it to new levels though. I'm not at all a fan of renderings, it's just somebody else's wild guess at what it's going to look like.

Ford probably doesn't apply a lot of weight to the metric of our levels of impatience. Think about it: if they gave us an exterior photo, we'd complain that we don't know what interior color options there are. Or what the gauge panel is going to look like. Then we'd moan about engine options. Gear ratios. " Will a winch bumper be available and how much will it cost." "What will the Raptor version look like - there IS going to be a Raptor version, right?" "Will a V8 be available in the Raptor?" "Won't the front end be too heavy with a V8 and the winch bumper?" "Why do they keep teasing us with just pictures, when will we SEE it?" The demands would be endless. And pointless.

We'll see marketing materials and spy photos when Ford is good and ready - and that will be based on how long it will be until it is going to hit showrooms, not on how long it's been since it was announced.
Ford can ignore all those human perspectives at their own peril. People are people and get annoyed at all kinds of dumb things
they shouldn't. You may be right about all those examples above, but all that churn is advertisements and builds following, so
it works both ways, if a manufacturer is smart, and tries at least to control the narrative in a positive way.

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I guess we'll know if Ford did it right when the Bronco either sells well or flops. It would truly surprise me if a significant number of people firmly and permanently rejected the Bronco solely because a photo hadn't been released 23 months prior to availability. I'm quite certain Ford has conducted ample research to tell them when to unleash their marketing team. My guess is analysis of their focus groups found the peak of the bell curve for maximum interest among prospective buyers of a debut model, and that's their maketing target schedule.

And... it's not as if a customer electing to make an alternative selection now is forever locked out of a Bronco purchase. People have been known to change their minds on a new car the very same day they purchase, it would not be out of character for customers to be tempted 2-3 years down the road as their vehicle ages and new, shiny models tempt them. In fact, that's more the norm.

18 months prior to availability has been mentioned... so let's figure that people who are too impatient, disgusted with lack of marketing, whatever at this moment (~23 months to release) decide to buy a Rubicon. Fine, they have a Rubicon for around 2 years before the release of the Bronco. Bronco isn't on the market now, so no loss to Ford. Once it's released, if new Rubicon owners find the new Bronco to not be their cup of tea, they wouldn't have bought it anyways, so no loss to Ford. If they LOVE the new Bronco, they trade in their Rubicon at some point. That could go some distance to year-over-year sales as opposed to high initial sales volume.

Sponsored

yowen

First Name
Owen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
meh.....soccer mom look :yawn: …... jmho :)
Haha yeah, as the article said, I think it would need some beefier fenders. I would also like to see the rear squared up a bit more for a more 4x4/off-road look.

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Why would Ford market the Explorer under another name?

Yes, it could look like that. Or it could look like the Blazer. Or the Troller, or a vintage Pinto, or a Pterodactyl.

yowen

First Name
Owen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Why would Ford market the Explorer under another name?
At the end of the day it's the underpinnings that'll matter to me. With the Bronco and Ranger sharing their platform I bet there will be awesome aftermarket off-road parts for the two vehicles. Because yes, the Bronco and Explorer could end similar in the sense that they'll be RWD platform SUV's. I don't doubt though that the Bronco will look a lot more rugged.
Sponsored