Sponsored

ej Schwa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 f-150, 69 Bronco, 68 Mustang
you cut it off right behind the b-pillar, but as someone posted above, the last gen Bronco had a sail panel there, that angled back, that would improve it, mostly because the whole front end is very round, everything has shape, and then bam! that straight line down. As a vehicle at that point it would not be bad, is it a Bronco? that would be another debate, but everyone has their opinion there, so whateves...
Sponsored

DMoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep, BMW
This is a fabulous rendering. Great blend of current and classic styling. I do agree with many others.......it MUST have a removable top and with current removable top designs (i.e. Jeep) that shouldn't be very difficult. I am an instructor with the (I wont mention the brand) off road driving school and it is such a shame that so few truly capable factory off road vehicles are being produced. Of course it is a niche market but having such vehicles adds such credibility to a brand that has that type of heritage no matter how small it may have been. I certainly hope Ford gives this a long hard look as it is certainly to be a winner if it was actually produced.

Armoire22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler Pacifica
This is perfect. Unfortunately if Ford does adopt this version they'll have to put their own stamp on it completely ruining it. Man you guys did a great job!

lgascsa1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Ford Ranger and Nissan Altima
What will be the power plant and drive train packages be.... V6 or V8.....

96BroncoBob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 Ford Bronco XLT, 2014 Ford Edge Limited, 2014 Acura
Hi All. New member here. Stumbled upon this. I love the concept. I have a 96 that I bought new and never want to get rid of it. If they (Ford) could do this, I am IN!

Our Bronco.jpg

Our Bronco.jpg

Sponsored

aschessla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco
The top has to come off to call it a Bronco! This is not negotiable!!!

Wolf Spyder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90 Bronco, 95 Bronco
I saw a comment on Facebook about this and thought, here we go... another fake story to stir the mud... after visiting, maybe we have a chance to get Ford to bring back the Bronco.

There are a few things that have to be in the design in order to be a true Bronco. PERIOD

** Must have a removable hard top. (If it does not, then it is not a Bronco.)

** Should have a functional roll cage as a standard feature, for when the hard top is removed.

** Body styling should follow along with same model year F150 & F250 for a half ton Bronco.

** Body styling should follow along with same model year F350 for the one ton Bronco. (Face it, Bronco fans want a tough, powerful, off road vehicle.)

** The Bronco has always been a 4X4 Off Road vehicle, and it should always be an Off Road vehicle.

** There should be a 4 door model, because a real man takes his family along when he goes places, and a real man has friends and gear to haul around.

** Most important **
Build it TOUGH.
Build it to last.

Bronco fans like to modify their favorite off road machine. We want to be able to mount big mud tires. We want to dig through mud, and climb over things, then get out on the freeway and drive home.

The drive line should reflect this idea. The transfer case should provide torque and lower gearing, and the transmission should have a solid first gear for off road driving and climbing, while at the same time a good freeway over drive to be easy on the gas mileage.

This should NOT be a sissy machine...

Last edited:

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A full sized bronco won't compete with a Jeep, it will be a flop with the off road crowd if it can't use "jeep" trails due to size........... all IMO of course.

Wolf Spyder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90 Bronco, 95 Bronco
We take our Fire Fighter gear with us when we go play paintball... my '90 Bronco Topless

2008-07-19IMG47971990FordBronco4x4onPaintballField.jpg

'95 Bronco in South Carolina while Waterfall Hunting

JW7E3553editedcroppedsmaller.jpg

'95 Bronco on the 4X4 only beach, 10 miles north of OBX

20150524_163258_zpstk9uh6kr.jpg

Build the new Bronco tough, because we try to help others who have become stuck... I love pulling Chevy's out of trouble...

20150530_100616_zpsjvdspuui.jpg

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

^^^^ Great pics!

Sponsored

saymkt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford F-150 XLT Screw 4x4 5.0L
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Other than a wider track the 4DR Jeep Unlimiteds (the highest seller) are almost identical in size to the 1996 bronco isn't it?

From a quick search:

184″ L x 79″ W x 74″ H (1996 Bronco)

vs

184″ L x 74″ W x 73″ H (4 Door Wrangler Unlimited)

If they pinch the dimensions a little it would go directly after the 4 door JKU.

bronco_5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 F-150, 2003 Escape, 1987 Mustang Convert, 1987 Mustang
Removable top?

Wolf Spyder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90 Bronco, 95 Bronco
A full sized bronco won't compete with a Jeep,
...it will be a flop with the off road crowd if it can't use "jeep" trails due to size........... all IMO of course.
I disagree.

My '95 Bronco rides around on 33x12.50's, and almost everything else is stock.

I have the same turn radius. I have no problems going all the same places my buddies and their jeeps go.

I get the same gas mileage...

However,
I carry more people
I carry more gear
I have more power (with my 351 Windsor)

Plus, I don't have Death Rattle at speeds over 70 mile an hour... I have had mine up to 115-ish several times.

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I disagree.

My '95 Bronco rides around on 33x12.50's, and almost everything else is stock.

I have the same turn radius. I have no problems going all the same places my buddies and their jeeps go.

I get the same gas mileage...

However,
I carry more people
I carry more gear
I have more power (with my 351 Windsor)

Plus, I don't have Death Rattle at speeds over 70 mile an hour... I have had mine up to 115-ish several times.
I should have been more more clear with my first comment. A full size won't compete in sales with a Jeep, period. That's why Ford quit making them. Just like Ford changed from the EB style to the full size, the consumer wanted bigger. Now it seems it's back to smaller. As far as the off roading, that's just a matter of opinion between and EB and a full size. As long as they're on the trail I'm cool with either.

Ocelot

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Maybe I am misunderstanding you but is there any data to show what your saying is true, that the preference is now back to smaller? The larger wheelbase 4 door Unlimiteds have been outselling the smaller Wrangler's by a large clip pretty much since the first JK model 2007. Even back then this wasn't a new phenomenon. During the CJ years, each new larger CJ model outsold (while coexisting with) its shorter wheelbase predecessor.

I could only find data up until 2012 but nothing I've seen suggests it has reversed. The preference for the bigger Jeeps have been about 30-40% above the 2 door versions ever since then to my knowledge.
Sponsored