Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer ST, Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yesterday they threw a battery in and sent me on my way, I didn't make it 5 miles and it happened again.
Today "There is a battery draw" but they don't know which module, and don't know how long... Also no rentals.
Sponsored

OP
OP
PAWBronco

PAWBronco

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands Sasquatch, Bronco Sport, Chev Volt
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

UPDATE #2

So I have a case opened up with Ford. The tech and Ford spoke and determined that the part (BCM or BCI?) that regulates voltages for all of the electronics and coordinates with the main brain of the vehicle is not the right part. The tech said it's obvious the part did not come from the factory floor like that due to the way things have been moved around to install it. It appears that with the chip shortage, this part was installed after main assembly however they are saying it appears to be the wrong part (like if they put a BCM for a Bronco Sport into a full size Bronco). They likened it to if the main brain is speaking English and the other is speaking German. They aren't communicating properly.

They are supposed to be sending a new BCM or whatever it is called. They said 7-10 days at the outside. However, Ford corporate that opened the case called me on Friday and said they would try to put an expedite on the part. That was last Monday afternoon when they ordered it. It is now Wed the following week so on day 9. I have not heard anything else since. They did set up me up in a Versa (🙄 like I can haul anything besides myself in that small tin can) for a rental but at least it's something.

Overall, it's been at the dealership shop for more time than I have had it.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Yesterday they threw a battery in and sent me on my way, I didn't make it 5 miles and it happened again.
Today "There is a battery draw" but they don't know which module, and don't know how long... Also no rentals.
Hi there, Ryan. This doesn't sound like an experience we want you to have with your Bronco. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you with this battery concern on my end.

Baseaf

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

UPDATE #2

So I have a case opened up with Ford. The tech and Ford spoke and determined that the part (BCM or BCI?) that regulates voltages for all of the electronics and coordinates with the main brain of the vehicle is not the right part. The tech said it's obvious the part did not come from the factory floor like that due to the way things have been moved around to install it. It appears that with the chip shortage, this part was installed after main assembly however they are saying it appears to be the wrong part (like if they put a BCM for a Bronco Sport into a full size Bronco). They likened it to if the main brain is speaking English and the other is speaking German. They aren't communicating properly.

They are supposed to be sending a new BCM or whatever it is called. They said 7-10 days at the outside. However, Ford corporate that opened the case called me on Friday and said they would try to put an expedite on the part. That was last Monday afternoon when they ordered it. It is now Wed the following week so on day 9. I have not heard anything else since. They did set up me up in a Versa (🙄 like I can haul anything besides myself in that small tin can) for a rental but at least it's something.

Overall, it's been at the dealership shop for more time than I have had it.
I opened a case with them for electrical issues at the end of March. Prior to that the dealer has attempted to get it working for two months. I hope you have better luck than I do. I've had the vehicle since the end of December and it worked perfectly for one month only lol

DasQball

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hi there, Ryan. This doesn't sound like an experience we want you to have with your Bronco. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you with this battery concern on my end.
I did that already this AM, I sent all of the info to a direct message and a case was opened.

Sponsored

DasQball

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I just got my update from CS rep. They said it's a battery sensor, should be a few days to get there.

Out of curiosity @PAWBronco when you got to drive it, did the auto drop for the driver side window fail? My auto-up and auto-drop stopped working.

BudgetBronco

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee Overland
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

OP
OP
PAWBronco

PAWBronco

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just got my update from CS rep. They said it's a battery sensor, should be a few days to get there.

Out of curiosity @PAWBronco when you got to drive it, did the auto drop for the driver side window fail? My auto-up and auto-drop stopped working.
No, my windows were okay but they were rolled up and I did not roll them down to test them. It seemed okay as long as you drive it everyday. I have a take home vehicle for work so I went 3 days without driving it. When I went to use it, it was totally dead....as in no lights or anything. I could not get it to start up (it was in my garage) with my battery pack. The tow truck driver, had a larger one and got it started but got about a dozen alerts, warnings, and it would not shift into any gear. If you are getting that alert, I would recommend driving it daily. I was leaving town for a few days which is why it's been at the dealer. I did not want to go through the tow truck debacle again. I am supposed to get it back tomorrow so I will let you all know if the new BCM solves the issue.

DasQball

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

No, my windows were okay but they were rolled up and I did not roll them down to test them. It seemed okay as long as you drive it everyday. I have a take home vehicle for work so I went 3 days without driving it. When I went to use it, it was totally dead....as in no lights or anything. I could not get it to start up (it was in my garage) with my battery pack. The tow truck driver, had a larger one and got it started but got about a dozen alerts, warnings, and it would not shift into any gear. If you are getting that alert, I would recommend driving it daily. I was leaving town for a few days which is why it's been at the dealer. I did not want to go through the tow truck debacle again. I am supposed to get it back tomorrow so I will let you all know if the new BCM solves the issue.
Mine were rolled up, I drove it every day. But as soon as that tow truck driver hooked up his jump box, all of those messages came on for me, but my windows didn't do the drop for the seal. When they put the new battery in, the passenger windows worked, but not the driver. No resets would get it to go either. I'm fearful of the battery sensor being the issue, but keeping hope too.

OP
OP
PAWBronco

PAWBronco

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

FYI, the battery sensor was the first thing they replaced on mine and did not help at all.

Sponsored

DasQball

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

FYI, the battery sensor was the first thing they replaced on mine and did not help at all.
I had a feeling you were going to say that.

DasQball

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

@PAWBronco Any word if you're getting it back today?

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Outback, '79 2G, '89 3G, '92 5G White!
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So early last week I got an alert, "Charging System service soon". I have a grand total of 300 miles on it. I just got all of the protections on and was starting the break in. I took it to the dealership. They found that there is a sensor that is bad and ordered a new one. They likened it to if you have a fuel gauge that reads empty but it's full of fuel. It won't hurt to drive it until the sensor comes in. I will just have to keep hitting "OK" when the alert pops up.

Fast forward 5 days later and the part is in. I go into the garage and there is no power at all in it. No lights come on, nada. I use a battery charger and do a slow charge. In the evening, it has power but wow, it did NOT like it. I had about 8 alerts go off when I hit the ignition such as "4x4 system needs service", "charging system service soon", "service traction control", "brake service soon", amongst others, the headlights flashed once, and the vehicle would not turn over at all. After I got out, it started shaking too as there was a thumping in the B&O system even though the vehicle was off (obviously power running amok). It soon went away as the power drained out.

I'm typing this as I'm waiting for the flat bed to arrive to bring it to the dealer. I understand things can come from the factory with a lemon part. What pisses me off is that I brought it in last week to avoid this very thing. I would have left it at the dealer had this been an issue or possibility. Instead now I am forced to burn a comp day to get this squared away. 🤬
Time for a deep dive into the computer and electrical system. As you have sussed out, sumpin' ain't right. The most weirdness I've run into so far is Apple Maps blanking on me for a day or so. Related to a day of no signal on the Pacific Coast Highway? Shouldn't happen. Map detail came back two days later after what, an extended "reboot"?

OP
OP
PAWBronco

PAWBronco

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@PAWBronco Any word if you're getting it back today?
Nope. Still waiting. I did get a video that my Rock Sliderz with the power step have been installed while they were waiting for the part so that was progress. Still hoping I can return the rental car today and take Pepe home.

OP
OP
PAWBronco

PAWBronco

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

UPDATE #3

I just off the phone with the service manager. They got the new BCM installed but are still getting some messages they don't like. As some on the boards have indicated, there are some others with the same issue around the country. They are talking to Ford about what's next going forward. He said he doesn't feel comfortable releasing the vehicle back to me with the way it is responding. Therefore, I'm back in a holding pattern.

As for the other fix in another thread (a loose connection by the fuse box), I sent that to the lead tech and apparently they had already checked that and it was not the issue.

As always, I will update down the road when there is something to report.
Sponsored