Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

quinn mentioned on the last tech video regarding portal development he wanted to minimize both lift and width because he didn't like vehicles to be too tall (for him to climb into...) and too wide.

personally, i can't see ever going to bigger than 37" + portals without running into height restrictions entering my garage. i'm not planning on putting enough armor and weight on the vehicle to offset that!
Yeah, me too. 38's are at the top of what I think I can squeeze under. I've been toying with maybe pizza cutter 37s. I think Quinn's tires aren't real wide.

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Bronco Heritage Limited 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

quinn mentioned on the last tech video regarding portal development he wanted to minimize both lift and width because he didn't like vehicles to be too tall (for him to climb into...) and too wide.

personally, i can't see ever going to bigger than 37" + portals without running into height restrictions entering my garage. i'm not planning on putting enough armor and weight on the vehicle to offset that!
I already have the 2.5 Kings in my garage waiting on the rack and portals to install all at once. I am leaning hard toward the 40's now.... Been back and forth on that. Ask me next week and I may be back at 37s..... We will see. But all said and done with 40's I will have 1.5 inch over the top of my ghost antenna to the bottom of the garage door when open.... At least by my calculations. :D

Sponsored

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Looks like Exodus has a normal offset wheel, but still limited to how far in the tire can tuck.

I think the issue is the scrub radius with 40s?
May be....

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Looks like he is running the new Rock Krawler rear long travel as well. 😁

Damn... that looks nice.... wipes drool from face...

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Looks like they need some brake lines! Not that impressed as they literally didn't make any ground clearance improvements with the rear setup. Looks like bent upper links to fix the fuel tank interference when you have extra rear droop.

Sponsored

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Looks like they need some brake lines! Not that impressed as they literally didn't make any ground clearance improvements with the rear setup. Looks like bent upper links to fix the fuel tank interference when you have extra rear droop.
I see what you mean on the brake lines.... But isn't the idea on that rear set up just a axle brace/truss and control arms that allow for better articulation/movement.... Please correct me here but I do not see how that would improve clearance at all. The idea is that it articulates easier with less binding points right?... I guess I am not following on how that mod is suppose to improve clearance. But that tick tock video is obviously taken before the job is complete... the brakes themselves are just on a hanger. Maybe they did address the brake lines before calling it complete. I would hope so.... There is wiring that is disconnected up there as well. Can not tell if they have the portals on the rear axle. I would think they would run them in the back if they are running them in the front.

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

They need new brake lines, no saving the factory stuff. Just funny to see it dangling.

Why go custom rear suspension if your not going to improve it? The bent arms only help clear obstructions from getting more droop. They also made the upper mount into an axle brace to keep from spinning an axle tube which is the only benefit. Looks like they will be do something different for the coilovers as the axle bracket is gone. Issue is they are still working within the factory envelope.

I would want recessed front frame mounts so you can relocate the lower links on the rear axle out from underneath. Changing the upper mounts to match the new lower links would allow longer links to helping with binding. They are doing a bunch of work that doesn't really do much more than change the roll center. Now they will have to do something with the track bar since the roll center change effects the arc. Just a bunch of wasted fab.

You could just cut a hole in the rear floor and run a larger coilover up into the body area. Throw some Metalcloak rear control arms on and have better performance. Your defeating the purpose of $20k portals here.

Look at that dingle berry!
Ford Bronco 74Weld Bronco Portals now available! 1703288026094

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

No more panhard bar. Semi triangulated 4 link not a straight 5 setup anymore. Better articulation not the extra bar to get bound up. I saw some posts on IG where they were talking about what they were trying to accomplish. Think they were tossing around stretching the wheelbase.

Ironic thing about this is....... This Ford guy was about to drop some coin to take my 97 TJ and do a Rock Krawler 3 link front and triangulated 4 link rear which then stretched to wheelbase 3 inches making it ......... You guessed it the magical 100". With some high clearance fenders you can do 35s with LCG on a TJ. Then I caught wind of the Bronco R and then found and joined B6G.........the rest is history.