Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Another video confirming another choice.
Looks great

Ricepuddin

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 BMW 340i and 1998 bmw m3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice catch, I never noticed that either. Maybe it's clearance for the handgrip when wearing gloves?
Yeah that would be my guess, or the only way to have the grip with out it jutting out too far.

Maybe a little annoying if you like vents pointed directly at you, but I don't so I am good

Sponsored

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Maybe something was clamped to the dash and left an impression? For me, that won't fly on a production unit.
There’s a third indent to the left. They look like slot where you can put plastic pry tools to remove the dash facing. My .02

ajlangley79

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Mustang GT, 21 Audi S5, 20 Hyundia Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I ordered a Area 51 Badland and was wondering what interior options I had with the MGV. I see now that it will come standard black with orange stitching. I guess I'm ok with that but why not give us a choice... or at least stitching and accents to match the exterior chosen.

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If the MGV in the Bronco is as good or better than the vinyl in my Cherokee Trailhawk I'll never look into leather again.

zgoods

Badlands
First Name
Zgoods
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How does it smell tho? Nothing beats that hot leather scent.

zgoods

Badlands
First Name
Zgoods
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Placement of the GOAT switch/4x4, sideways cup holders and extra storage slot is 🔥 on the M/T.

Sponsored

TenSeven

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Placement of the GOAT switch/4x4, sideways cup holders and extra storage slot is 🔥 on the M/T.
The GOAT dial looks like it may be a little bit awkward to access, but that's not an everyday thing for most drivers so no big deal.

Overall, I agree that the m/t console has a better layout. I especially like the wireless charge pad placement. Oh well, I'm 100% locked to an auto trans so I have no choice.

BruckinFonco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 VW GTI Sport MT, 1993 VW Corrado VR6 MT
Your Bronco Model
Base
If the MGV in the Bronco is as good or better than the vinyl in my Cherokee Trailhawk I'll never look into leather again.
My wife is a shoemaker, she earned her bachelor's in industrial design, then studied traditional shoemaking at Cordwainers, London School of Fashion, about ten years ago. Only a decade ago while she was learning shoemaking, there weren't very many viable high-quality alternatives to animal-based leathers. Now, the selection is incredible, with most animal-based leathers far inferior to synthetic alternatives. "100% Genuine Leather" is still a very popular marketing tactic, but it's irrelevant now and the industry will perpetuate this myth for as long as they can (and they will probably get away with it for another decade or two), it means nothing.

Most of her shoes contain no animal products whatsoever. The microfibers in particular, which are closely related to what's being used now in automotive upholstery, are exceptional. The first few pairs she made me when we started dating were calf leather, which were incredible, but the last few pairs have been microfiber, textile and pineapple leather, and they've all been very comfortable, durable and look great.

Up until the pandemic started, she traveled to China and mainland Europe to source these materials as they were still a bit niche and hard to find. Now almost all of her suppliers have access to these materials. The ones she's most excited about are the apple and mushroom leathers which aren't produced in large quantities yet and are still being tested, but they are tanned the way animal hides are, so they should look and perform similarly. She had to refine her techniques and recalibrate her equipment to work with synthetic alternatives, and she may be able to revert back closer to her old techniques with these newer materials.

When the Bronco was announced I asked her about the MGV and she said that even if Ford was lazy and didn't do their research, it would be difficult to spec something bad these days, the market is now flooded with so many good options. Her parents bought a pontoon boat last summer for their lakehouse, and I assume the upholstery used on it is similar to MGV. It was not an expensive boat, maybe $20-25K, and the upholstery feels amazing, very soft, comfortable and durable. It's also off-white, and has held up well with no stains so far that I've seen.

Sorry, I didn't mean to write an essay on this, but I'm essentially my wife's business partner, so I've learned a lot about materials over the last ten years and I'm fascinated by them. We've deferred to order a MY22 Bronco (hoping for a good green color option and we want a manual with SAS), but MGV is one reason we're leaning towards the BD/BL trims. Very excited about it. We're hoping Ford will have an MGV-equipped vehicle on display at Super Celebration East, which we're making the long drive to later this month, so we can check it out in-person.

Last edited:

bdub2you

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Speaking as someone in the world of marketing and advertising, it's really not unusual for a brand to hire an agency to produce content for them. Hiring an agency or production company to create content is like Ford hiring someone to build any other component.
I've never heard of hiring people to create a fake fan page that charges people for marketing content and sends cease and desist letter to other websites that contain links to that marketing material. In fact, I thought it was insane for a marketing agency to intentionally try to supress the distribution of the marketing material they were being paid to distribute as widely as possible. As a ford shareholder it really pissed me off honestly.

OP
OP
Headsong

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I've never heard of hiring people to create a fake fan page that charges people for marketing content and sends cease and desist letter to other websites that contain links to that marketing material. In fact, I thought it was insane for a marketing agency to intentionally try to supress the distribution of the marketing material they were being paid to distribute as widely as possible. As a ford shareholder it really pissed me off honestly.
Absurd. They're rather clueless about marketing, Sadly. It shouldn't be proprietary, we all know that. I think the trouble comes when you're trying to monetize something because it's the only source of your Revenue. That's going to make you proprietary. So it's really the fundamental problem of how they're doing it it's affecting what the outcomes are. Makes them all look pretty daft.
Sponsored