Sponsored

Bronco Everglades

This club is for all Bronco Everglades owners and future owners🤙
TXBronco1313
Hey all!

Would love some help/feedback from the group because I'm having hard time making up my mind

I've been a huge fan of the Everglades model since it was revealed, but obviously it was (and still is) extremely limited that for the past 2+ years I couldn't get an order in or get my hands on one. In December of last year, I gave up trying to place an order and ended up going with a 2 door Big Bend with the 2.7 engine, SAS, mid package, with the modular bumper. Although I did pay a little bit of markup which I'm not proud of, but I really thought I got a great deal, given that it's a "maxed out" Big Bend. Anyways, couple of weeks ago, with the order banks opening, I saw the Everglades is making a very limited comeback so I called my dealer first thing on August 16th and told him I wanted an everglades. He said they only had allocations for 2 and advised me to send my order in ASAP which I did only for him to call on the 17th and tell me that by the time the ordering manager got to my order, the 2 allocations were already ordered. Sucks big time given that I personally know the guy but anyways, after calling around and sending many failed orders to dealers, on August 18th, one of them had one remaining allocation and the system allowed them place an order for a cactus Gray Everglades. I was extremely happy when I received the confirmation email but that started to change quickly as ppl started to make me me feel like I made the wrong call ordering an Everglades (my friends and ppl here on the forum) saying that it's not a good move to trade away a 2 door and to downgrade from a 2.7 twin turbo engine to a 2.3 ecoboost engine only for a 12" display, a winch, and a snorkel. Now I find myself lost and unsure if I should go with the Everglades as it sounds like I'm "downgrading". I know the process is just getting started and I have many months to think about it before getting scheduled for production but I thought why not get feedback from real Everglades owners to help me decide. Please let me know what your thoughts are!
Show full message

Attachments

Superthornbird
Superthornbird
Get what you want and don't let others dictate what you should get. BtW I love mine
tomcartmeljr
tomcartmeljr
I had changed my order from a loaded Badlands to an Everglades because I wanted the Desert Sand color so bad. I would do it again in a heartbeat. Totally love it, minus a couple annoyances (small gas tank and XM reception sucks) that apply to all Broncos.
BMoreDogDoc
BMoreDogDoc
Ditto getting what you want. I love my Everglades.
FreddieLee
FreddieLee
The Everglades is so much more than a snorkel, winch, and 12" display...
Limpetman
Limpetman
Had my Everglades for a year and absolutely love it...honestly wouldn't trade it for any other model. Plus I have to say I love the fact it is limited...I get so many people (including other Bronco owners) saying its totally badass and that they want one. I've never felt underpowered with the 2.3...the turbo more than makes up for it...and it has all the mod cons I need...LOVE IT!!! Mine's Cactus Gray...people can sometimes moan about the colour but again I really like it, the colour actually changes depending on the light...sometimes looks green, blue or gray...nice.
TXBronco1313
TXBronco1313
@Limpetman I appreciate the feedback here! I've never driven a 2.3 but I can only imagine that it's going to be capable, otherwise Ford wouldn't have made it an option to begin with. And I went with the cactus gray as well. I was torn between eruption green and cactus gray but I felt like the eruption green is a little loud and such a particular color. Anyways, I appreciate your input, helps a lot!
Shutterdoggy
Shutterdoggy
Not that you want to plan this way but consider this - It's a limited-sought-after model. If you are disappointed when you get it (spoiler alert, you won't) You could sell it and pocket some money and get a different model. I've been offered $5 -15K over what I paid for mine and I didn't get a great deal on my used one.

I'm pretty sure that's what the original owner of mine did, got lucky and got one, drove it for 6k miles and sold it for a profit.
TXBronco1313
TXBronco1313
@Shutterdoggy Yeah my thought was i'd test drive it once it's finally delivered before making a final determination. I'm also hoping i'd get a good price on my current Big Bend if I end up trading it in. I'm assuming I should get good money for it especially since it's a 2 door, cloth seats (discontinued), and 2.7 engine (discontinued from Big Bend)
FowlBronco77
FowlBronco77
I'm just goin to echo the words about the engine. Unless you really want the sound of the v6 over the 4, I don't think you'll miss it. We have a v6 explorer and this 4 isn't backing down from it at all. I understand that the 6 is actually more powerful than the 4. But, I'm just saying I don't think it's that big of a difference to regret. Unless you're needing every little horse for whatever you do. You have a very capable ride and I don't think you'll regret either decision you make as long as you make it being well informed.
friethmiller
friethmiller
Super happy with my Everglades. I also think, despite it's higher MSRP, it's in a sweet spot on value for what you get (at least for the '23). If you price out a comparable 4-dr Black Diamond with the options (minus the large screen that you can't get) you should find it cheaper to get the Everglades. The two things that I thought I might be unhappy with when I got mine was the engine and the stereo. The engine is awesome! Sounds like a 4 cylinder, yes, but plenty of power. The stereo isn't great but even with my "fake" subwoofer blasting out nothing :), I'm fine with it. Maybe I'm just getting old. Could be an upgrade later on, I guess. Like these, any other minor complaint would be common across all Broncos. GET THE ONE YOU WANT!
Kant
Kant
Thank you for the comments. Just ordered a '24 Everglades from my dealer.
FreddieLee
FreddieLee
Color?
Bakerbaker19
Bakerbaker19
Really like my Everglades. 4 door vs 2 door is a personal choice and I feel they just sent the same. Which functionality do you want. The two door with a 3.7 can rip around. But for me, I have not found the 2.3 to be an issue whatsoever.

There are some higher end features I would have liked to have but am fine living without.

The one item I really wish was included was the front camera. That’s a miss IMO. however, there are kits to add if you want.
Shutterdoggy
Shutterdoggy
@Bakerbaker19 It's so funny you mention the front camera. Right after I got my Everglades, I stopped by the local ice cream shop and an elderly man followed me out to the parking lot and asked if that was my bronco. He said his son worked on the Warn winch that's on it. He said Ford wanted a winch and the standard one blocked the camera so they worked for months figuring out how to lower the bump on the top of the winch so the camera could work, he moved out to Moab for weeks while they tested it out.

Then he said, where is the camera on your grill, I'll show you. I had to answer "It doesn't have one"

LOL.
Bakerbaker19
Bakerbaker19
That is funny. I’ve seen an accessory add on camera integrated into the system. Pretty nice but not quite perfectly done. I’m going to wait it out.

I actually head to Moab for the Off Rodeo next week. Looking forward to that!!!!
Bakerbaker19
Bakerbaker19
FoxyRoxy
FoxyRoxy
I love my Everglades.. 18k miles since 12-19-22.. I sell Ford in Half Moon Bay CA so I get to drive them all... and I do... I don't think I would plop $4k for a winch after the fact... but since its built into my payment.. Makes more sense to just get this with all the stuff already on it..

Share this group

Quick Overview

Category
BRONCO CLUBS / GROUPS
Language
English (US)
Total members
Total events
Total views