Sponsored

Michigan Bronco Club

Members from the Mitten and the U.P.
Mattwings
Mattwings
Mattwings
I fall somewhere in between extremes. I have typically changed my transmissions at 50-60K and diffs, x-fer case brake fluid, power steering etc.. at 80-110K. Since I use the Bronco off Road and in wet environments more than past vehicles, I am moving everything up. Transmission and transfer case now (40K) and probably do the diffs before the September Drummond Island trip. I use synthetic in the motor, but generally use whatever the factory calls for in the transmission and transfer case. That's just the old man in me, I used to see vehicles come in for transmission flush and fills and invariably the transmission would start slipping or a leak would appear from a seal with the change to synthetic. Seals aren't cork very often these days, synthetic oils have properties to "expand" the seals in some cases and my transmission isn't 10 years old with 150K, trying to revive it (I assume most flush and fills were already having problems when they came in). I will ask the dealer about the transfer case and transmission, if there is a synthetic, recommended Motorcraft synthetic, I might pony up :) BTW, I never completely empty the transmission,. Drop the pan, pull the filter, replace the "lost" fluid (maybe 1/2 to 2/3 of the total capacity. Another old school philosophy that has treated me well over the years.

Share this group

Quick Overview

Category
BRONCO CLUBS / GROUPS
Language
English (US)
Total members
Total events
Total views