Sponsored

Georgia Bronco

A club dedicated to Bronco owners in Georgia.
Rspayde
Trail rides the weekend of May 4th or 11th?

Will be staying up in Ellijay for a few weeks while in between houses so will have easy access for a bit and no projects keeping me from enjoying some free time.

Will plan a route once I get an idea of headcount but open to recommendations.
Show full message
MyATV
MyATV
Yes to either one. Sun works better than Sat for me, but whatever.
MadMan4BamaNATL
MadMan4BamaNATL
I have ATL UTD matches on both Saturdays, but Sunday May 5 is clean. Isn’t Mother’s Day the next week? If so, I’ll be out of town.
DREWR13
DREWR13
More than likely good for either weekend
PRA4SNW
PRA4SNW
May 4 or 5 would work for me. This would be my first trail ride, so wouldn't want to hold anyone up if you are looking to get more aggressive.
Reactions: MadMan4BamaNATL
MadMan4BamaNATL
MadMan4BamaNATL
@PRA4SNW @MyATV is right, we’re just trying to get the Broncos on the dirt as often as possible, so it’s rare when we’ll take on a challenging track and trust that we’ll share that info well in advance, so no surprises here. These are new rigs, so we’re respectful to everyone’s tolerance of the off-road shenanigans. There will also be enough gear to get you home safely should anything happen. Recovery gear, comms, tire repair kits, compressors, straps, tools, you name it, it’ll be in at least one rig or more. If you’re willing to put some dirt on those tires and enjoy the sunshine in the woods, I’d hope you join us. We generally meet up there around 9 or 10am and done around 2-3pm. If we roll on next Sat or after, I have ATL UTD matches at 7:00 and plan to be home a few hours before. You’ll enjoy it. And 2 thumbs up on your 2 door, as ATV and I are proud members of the 2 Dr Cartel! Ha ha!
MyATV
MyATV
@PRA4SNW Most of what we do on here is fairly tame trail rides. In fact most of the ones I've been on organized through this club haven't even needed 4WD. It seems to me that the ones organized through that SEGEN6 Broncos FB group tend to be more aggressive. You got a 2-door too?! @MadMan4BamaNATL and I both have 2-doors as well. Nice to see 2-doors outnumber the 4-doors on some of these runs. Just sayin'.
Rspayde
Rspayde
Sounds like May 5th will be the day. I'll have some more time to ponder on this over the weekend. Have been in Louisville getting after all week so it isn't in the forefront of my mind.
Rspayde
Rspayde
Looks like May 5th is the day pending any changes on my end. The weather is going to be not great so will keep and eye on that.

My plan is to get an early start and meet up at nimblewell church at 8:30-9:00 and then head out either up to old bucktown (down and out to blue ridge for lunch) or out past Jones Creek and around the nimblewell trails.

All in all a very mild day.
PRA4SNW
PRA4SNW
@Rspayde I'm still interested, but I guess it will depend on how far away this is from Marietta. I am not yet familiar with the area.
Rspayde
Rspayde
@PRA4SNW maybe 1 hr 15 min. I'm flexible on departure time. I'm maybe 25-30 minutes from the designated meetup point.
MyATV
MyATV
@PRA4SNW Meetup spot is "Nimblewill Church, 2328 Nimblewill Church Rd, Dahlonega, GA 30533". Like @Rspayde says, maybe 75 minutes away.
Rspayde
Rspayde
Let's plan on some post trail Mexican food as it is Cinco de Mayo after all.

I will be leaving the pups behind as the rain will make them unbelievably messy.
MyATV
MyATV
It does look like it'll be a soggy Fri/Sat/Sun up there. I'll leave it to others to make the call (above my paygrade). But if it's still a go-ahead, I can be up there at 8:30.
MadMan4BamaNATL
MadMan4BamaNATL
I’m down, but let’s do 9:00 or 9:30?
Rspayde
Rspayde
MadMan4BamaNATL
MadMan4BamaNATL
@Rspayde @MyATV Finally back from vacation and I’m ready for tomorrow. Will try to be there at 9:00, but no later than 9:30. Will just air down if I’m early. Hope it’s a little muddy too! Some Mex after for sure. lol! Anyone else joining us?
Reactions: MyATV
Rspayde
Rspayde
@MadMan4BamaNATL not sure honestly. No firm commits as of right now.

I'm sure we can find some mud though.
PRA4SNW
PRA4SNW
I have to back out on this ride. A family-related item has come up that I can't escape from.
Sorry about this, but still very interested in getting on some trails with this group.
Rspayde
Rspayde
Little recap on this trip. We departed at roughly 9:40AM on Sunday morning and headed towards Jones creek campground. We ran up the hill and down to the creek crossing then back out to start up to the top side of old bucktown. Unfortunately about a quarter of the way up the trail there was a sizeable tree blocking the way completely. No one had a saw on them and even if we did I am not sure we were getting through that monster. From there we doubled back up winding stair gap and out springer mountain rd. All in all not what I set out for initially but a decent use of the day.

Word to the wise don't eat at Mucho Kaliente in Ellijay and just go to La Catrina.

Share this group

Quick Overview

Category
BRONCO CLUBS / GROUPS
Language
English (US)
Total members
Total events
Total views