First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 FJ Cruiser / 2019 F150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Excellent job, I want one now. I just need to choose a color and I want white racing stripes. Throw in a diesel and I'll place my order.
Sponsored

Tour18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FX4, Porsche 993tt, Vette GS
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
OK. I stand corrected. I could handle a four door version, no problem. IF and that's a BIG IF, it is as attractive as these wonderful renderings. Fantastic work...

What an attractive vehicle this would be.

BlackH20

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Expedition L, Genesis, Honda S2000
Incredible job on these!! If it turns out like this Ford will sell them in buckets
Give me the off road ability of a Jeep with the dependability of a Ford, i'm sold. Jeep can't get out of the basement in Consumer reports.

Mustang313

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT (s197)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Give me the off road ability of a Jeep with the dependability of a Ford, i'm sold. Jeep can't get out of the basement in Consumer reports.
Especially early model JK's which were rife with issues. I don't know if they are still plagued with probs but knowing FCA/Jeep i doubt it's improved much. But let's be honest Ford isn't exactly known for the best build quality either.

These renders look amazing. I have a feeling Ford will lean more towards Everest styling but one can hope it looks more like these.

Rozinante

Threads
Reaction score
Nice!
'Looks much less like an early Trailblazer derivative than the earlier renderings!
PLEASE stop it with these GM SUV wheelwell openings--mimic the Early Bronco's front wheelwell openings but with much more flare! Or go with the rounded wheelwell openings of the Raptor.
And nix the chrome-and-black bumpers and go with body-colored bumpers front and rear, as in that next-to-last rendering in white.

I am waiting for a two-door version of this rendering--I'll keep my '66 if the 2020 only comes as a four-slammer...

Last edited:

Sponsored

73blubronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Bronco Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Base
I completely agree. This would be a great opportunity to have a factory LUBR look with the wheel wells

11251739_1090386720982236_273621272_n.jpg

73blubronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Bronco Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Base
Your '73 looks great!
I wish that one was mine! I still have a lot of work to do on mine, but she is getting there.Rebuilt the motor last year, new wiring harness this year, later this year I will do the transmission rebuild and then it is all cosmetics. Just glad we can still get sheet metal for them! Mine is this blue one.

Robin.JPG

Last edited:

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

EDIT: I am finally able to view these on something other than my phone screen.
I like it more now that I can see more detail on this bigger screen.
Somewhat rugged looking , definitely would love to see one in person. It's going to be tough to grab that very rugged look and appeal the classic Bronco and the Jeep have.
Jeep has been able to maintain it, I fully expect Ford's design team to recapture it. Anything less and they will miss their target buyers.

Interesting, not horrible, but very Explorer-ish. First thing I saw when I pulled into the lot at work this morning was a couple year old Explorer, looked much like this.
The top doesn't look fully removable to me.
Is that going to be a thing of the past due to safety regs?
Definitely want to see more...

Last edited:

Rozinante

Threads
Reaction score
I wish that one was mine! I still have a lot of work to do on mine, but she is getting there.Rebuilt the motor last year, new wiring harness this year, later this year I will do the transmission rebuild and then it is all cosmetics. Just glad we can still get sheet metal for them! Mine is this blue one.

Robin.JPG
Gorgeous, 73blubronco! One day my U15 '66 will be that color, too--only I will probably paint the top blue as well! There is a current F-150 blue finish that looks much like your shade of metallic blue and I will get mine painted whatever Ford officially calls their F-150 metallic blue. This may take awhile--I am patient because I have to be. I borrowed $4200 from our savings account, rode a bus 26 straight hours to see it, buy it, and drive it the (850?) miles back home). It was drivable, but not in great condition (I had only $4200 so I had to shop for Broncos costing $4200 or less...). I then opened a Bronco Account at a credit union and took a second job to pay back our savings account in eight or nine months--after that, the money I earned on that second job went into that Bronco Account for the eventual build-up (my day job pay goes into our checking & savings accounts for use by my family--I won't let myself use my primary job's earnings to indulge my Bronco urge). Things were going well enough (there were some expenses--a floor-shift conversion for the three-on-the-tree, a 23-gallon fuel tank and a straightening of the 9" housing--I had $29000 saved up which I had decided was enough to begin a build-up as long as I kept putting in the full paycheck from the second job. Just as I got the paycheck that got the Bronco Account over $29000, the second job pissed me off just once too often. So I gave a notice and haven't had a second job since (I had the second job for five-and-a-half years). That tanked the build-up, unfortunately, but I have under ten months left until retirement and the build-up will begin!

Last edited:

Sponsored

MarsChariot

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Bronco, 1976 Bronco, 1979 Fiat
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The four door looks as though it will serve the needs of those liking four doors well, a thing that clearly makes a lot, if not all, of the current Jeep buyers happy. So that is not an issue with this design. What may remain as a serious buyer-reduction is

1. There is no visible front pumpkin (at least that I can see). That is not a big issue with me as I have driven a few four-wheel drives with independent front suspensions that are remarkably capable. But the hard core will not like it, and it would certainly be cause for plenty of bragging rights for Jeeps and embarrassment for Broncos.

2. The exterior design still needs maturing.
Currently it still has the appearance of a mash-up of early and late design elements. It’s a confusing and trying-to-be-too-many-things-to-too-many different people sort of design. The result is there is no solid single design to get excited about. It is just a good solid looking design, but not a radical new design. Someone said it nicely: Think latest Mustang, which takes the original legendary design and truly puts a new spin on it. And in many ways actually looks better and cleaner than the original design.

a. The front end certainly has the signature fender ridges, but the effect comes across as just an-add on. Seriously, you could take any of the existing Ford trucks with their flat fronts and graft on a ridge atop each fender and put in round headlights and it would look Bronco-like. Which is what this looks like. Which is o.k., but the message is immediately obvious that it is just a heavily rebadged current design and nothing new. Kind of a little disappointment trace thought that creeps into the first assessment.

b. The rear end looks like a 3rd generation Bronco rear end, or maybe a mid-generation Pathfinder. Possibly the slab-shaped tailgate area is the signature late model design element that triggers this visual recognition saying, hey, that does not look like a Bronco. The sloping top with slightly rounded corners just re-affirms the 3rd generation look. Which is still o.k., but when you then see the front, which is clearly early Bronco, and the back, which is clearly a late model design, the mind immediately concludes that the design is some sort of bad mash-up: The front makes early Bronco fans happy and the rear makes late model Bronco fans happy.Nobody gets completely happy.

c. The fender flare thing really needs to mature. There has to be a laterally horizontal surface in there, like add-on fender flares of early Broncos, or it looks too much like the puffy fender flares they put on the wheel arch designs of many SUVs, especially cross-overs, just to make the wheel wells look muscular and beefy like some sort of modular four-wheel-drive wannbe.

d. The slanting B-pillar element screams 2nd generation and late model Bronco. Which further confuses the eye when you trace forward and see the distinctly non-late model front. Yet the sides are slab-sided like and early Bronco. Very confusing visually. Very Pathfinder like in the aggregate. I have to say this slanting pillar is the biggest visual hang-up for me.

e. The bumpers are too complicated appearing. They should be simple and monolithic. No design strips or rounded tucks except in a more refined and unobtrusive sort of way as no doubt necessary for modern safety.

Xodric

Badlands
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Manitoba, Canada ( Born/Raised in Kansas )
Vehicle(s)
1978 Bronco XLT, 1979 F150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If Ford comes out with only a 4 door version, I will not be buying one. Either removable topper, or clip off panels for the open rear cab experience is very desire-able for myself. I own a 1978 Bronco. I would like to own a 2020 Bronco with it's updated creature comforts, air bags, etc. What I don't want in the driveway is another cross-over family compact SUV piece of junk. 4 doors for me is a no.

Spartan

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If Ford comes out with only a 4 door version, I will not be buying one. Either removable topper, or clip off panels for the open rear cab experience is very desire-able for myself. I own a 1978 Bronco. I would like to own a 2020 Bronco with it's updated creature comforts, air bags, etc. What I don't want in the driveway is another cross-over family compact SUV piece of junk. 4 doors for me is a no.
Then don't buy the 4-Door version and buy the 2-Door version. The Bronco is going to mirror the Jeep line-up of offering 2 & 4 door versions.

Rozinante

Threads
Reaction score
Then don't buy the 4-Door version and buy the 2-Door version. The Bronco is going to mirror the Jeep line-up of offering 2 & 4 door versions.
All well and good--as long as there actually IS a two-door 2020 Bronco. Ford needs to have their marketing eyes wide open here--a resurrected Bronco is clearly something the public wants, yet all the true Broncos--the Early Bronco, the Big Bronco, and the Bronco II--were exclusively two-door vehicles. Every "Bronco" that came later was a trim package on Ford trucks. If the 2020 Bronco is exclusively a four-door vehicle, the people that have long-awaited a Bronco Renaissance will have to keep waiting--or settle for a Raptor. Raptors are terrific, of course--but they ARE pick-up trucks and not SUVs. They're also large, heavy, and don't have solid front axles.

Moving a little off-topic here: Raptor standard 17"X9.5" wheels/tires are street-legal in all 50 states--yet they can be converted to true beadlock wheels. If you have a Raptor, you can buy the parts to convert your wheels to true beadlocks in a package from Ford Performance Parts. Or you can buy Raptor wheels with or without the beadlocks package from Ford Performance Parts. The beadlocks conversion package also comes with the wheel trim rings used on the wheels when you aren't running the wheels with the beadlock hardware. I've read the Ford Performance Parts description and it states that the beadlock hardware is for off-road use only, so I assume that you are expected to remove the beadlock hardware and restore the wheels to their street-legal (non-beadlock) condition before driving on public roads again.
These are the wheels and the tires that I plan to use in the build-up of my '66 U15 if they'll fit on axles that have manual locking hubs. These will keep the tire sizes conservative and the 35" diameter won't need much lift if you cut the bodywork for clearance. I'll purchase the beadlocks package with the wheels so I'll have 'em when I need 'em. I'll need to talk to someone about the offset--the Raptor wheels were designed with IFS and F-150 inner wheelwells in mind, so there may be interference issues here that wheels with a different offset would not have. It's always something...

Mustang313

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT (s197)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Let's be real here. As much as I want to see a 2 door Bronco, the reality is the market is completely different than back n the day. A 4 door Jeep didn't exist until 2006 and now they comprise something like 80% of the sales. At this point the 4 door is basically keeping the 2 door alive. The Bronco will be no different. Enthusiasts will gobble up the 2 door but in reality Ford having its marketing eyes wide open is less about offering a "true Bronco" than finding a way to sell in big numbers and the 4 door is key to that.
Sponsored