Sponsored

Rozinante

Threads
Reaction score
Hey guys I'm new here but would it be too much to hope for something modeled after the first gen. I not to big a fan of the newer Bronco II In my opinion they were out of proporition.

My prerence is
1. two-door version
2. removable hardtop
3. And the thing that I havent seen anybody requesting a manual transmission.

Im 50 yrs old and only have and will drive manual transmissions. I had to walk away from FORD for my daily driver when they stopped production of manual transmissions in there truck line. I went to the Tacoma as they are to date the only option with a manual transmission.

If FORD doesnt drop the ball on this i will order one the day the are available.
Well said, Abyss! I'm a manual transmission man, too. I turned down a cherry '77 Bronco that was just $5000 from the estate of a dude who collected vehicles (and garaged all of them except when invited to participate with one of his many vehicles in car shows or local parades) because it was an automatic transmission. My '66 U15 is anything but cherry--however, it has the original 3-speed manual which I soon upgraded with a floor-shift conversion and I love it. I plan to upgrade the Hell out of it, of course, and that project begins when I retire in less than six months! RBRH!!
Sponsored

ezrod

Base
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram, Blazer, Slingshot, Harley Electra glide
Your Bronco Model
Base
my 76 , 77 and 74 all had automatics, 76 had air and power steering, loved that truck, 90 big body was a good truck but preferred the earlier ones. when they came out with the "gutless wonder" p.o.s. Bronco II , they lost the fan base, we all know there going to offer only a 4 door model , top wont come off and it will be a soccer mom special, that will totally miss the market. I bleed blue, always have, Now I have a 4 door blazer, that I bought from a government auction, honestly great truck for a (CHEVY) lol . but if they come out with the 2 door version, don't care if it has a removable top or not, auto will be fine as long as 4 wheel drive, prefer V8 , (Never been a big fan of fords v6 ) ill be in line, if its a 4 door version ill go to the lot shake my head and leave. the market is flooded with them all makes and models. who cares.!!!!!

Fisherman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Escape
I must admit I gave FoMoCo too much credit for product development speed on the Bronco and other models. I thought that development time could have been cut by at least half as the Everest and Troller models have been around for some time as initial platforms to build off of, The new Ford CEO is supposed to address this specific issue. The Bronco is now two years from release and the Bronco6G Administration is doing a great job of releasing design/production updates as little news has been available. I have read other automotive articles explaining the Bronco design strife within the company development staff hence all of the timely delays.

I agree with all of the reports I have seen that Ford is designing the 2020 Bronco off of the Brazilian made Ford Troller T4/T6 platform as a four door model only. I have seen no proof of the Troller capabilities but all reports claim it is an excellent off road vehicle that is only available as a two door version. The current Troller is only available in South America and the exterior body design is quite unimpressive and a little confusing. I have photos posted of the current Ford Troller below.

2017 Ford Troller_LFQ.jpg

2017 Ford Troller_LRQ.jpg

2017 Ford Troller_INT.jpg

Below is the previous generation Troller that I personally find much more attractive.

2014 Ford Troller T4.jpg

Sponsored

Wolverine

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Explorer Sport Trac + 1976 Bronco
Hombres: Not sure if the bronco6g.com has any input (influence) to Ford, but if so... listen up Ford. If the new bronco looks like the rendering (2-door) bronco6g published on 2/23/2017, I would buy today (square box version). If it looks like the 2nd rendering (4 door), I would consider, but might pass. If it looks like an explorer/current SUV (curved design) that would be disappointing. The pictures of the "mule" spotted in August (Phoenix?) looked like a lexus/Audi SUV and that concerns me that Ford might misunderstand their opportunity/audience.

Munday

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F-350/2008 Jeep JK 60’s/40’s/2009 Yukon Denali/2012 Mini Cooper Countryman All4
Not a fan of this Troller at all .... if the 2020 is anything like the other 2 door or 4 door concepts I have seen take my money.... if it looks like this Troller .... I’m out hahah

BHShaman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I prefer the SEMA custom 4dr using the original body lines.
Do it FORD!

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

Sponsored

Bronco 21

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Looks like a side view of the Troller to me. Scroll up on this page and see a 3/4 rear view of what looks to me like the same vehicle.
The article says it's a render inspired by a mix of the the Troller (which has been rumored anyway) and the 2004 Bronco concept. I think it looks pretty good. Definitely not the worst of the all the possible looks various pitches have offered up.

amsushi

First Name
Alexander
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Frontera 2.4l 1995 year
Hello! In Russia there are owners of BRONKO, very good reviews, the car is like. I also like it very much. Now I have a huge desire that Ford launched production and this cool jeep, got to Russia.

1972Bronco5.8

First Name
B.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 Ford Bronco, 2007 Ford Escape
If it looks like the 2004 concept I will buy one. If it looks like the concept in the first post, I'll have to look it over. If its like any of the 4-door renderings I have seen, like the one for this forum, the Troller or Everest, I will not buy one. Enough said?

BeardBroncoVape

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150 (current) 3 Broncos (past) waiting to make it 4!
bronco-006.jpg
1521230717743.jpg

I believe Ford did this on purpose with the cover. The cover shows just enough for a true fan to see every body style. The most obvious is the 66-77 resemblance. The 78-79 style, now that one was a hard one for me, so I'm giving 78-79 the mirrors. 80-86 is in the front, you can see something recessed on the grille; maybe they'e headlights, sunken in like they were for the 3rd gen. 87-91(my favorite Bronco), is gonna get the angle of rear most portion of the topper, down to the tailgate. 92-96 can be found by the wheel arches.
I know, I know.... many of these could be said for one generation or the other, but that's the order I used. I'm sure there will be more teasers as we go, that show off previous generations. I also included a spy photo, that purposely hid body lines, yet looks quite similar to the figure. I know Ford went with another remodel after that picture was taken, but it stilll looks amazing. I'l be in on launch day to drive one, and more than likely buy one. My name's Ben by the way. First post on the forum. Was on FSB for a long time as BuckingBronco351. Plan to be on Bronco 6g for a long time, cause I will own the revival Bronco

Last edited:

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

LOL, I'm gonna paint up my 69 like the cross hatched one above and drive it all over hell,.... see how many times it turns up here as a test mule.
Maybe just take it to the local marina and have it shrink wrapped...hahaha!
Sponsored