Sponsored

Search results

1. Ford must be doing something right. Bronco Essentially Sold Out for Years

$60k to start for an electric SUV from Ford. Wow that's a lot. It should be in the 30s or lower to compete with gas. I guess for now they are still "special", which justifies a higher price?
  2. Ford must be doing something right. Bronco Essentially Sold Out for Years

Car prices are really high right now. I'm not surprised if Tesla hasn't been making a lot of profit that they might have to raise prices due to cost increases. Other companies are raising prices of their cars even though they are making much higher profits. Hmm, it might be a good time to buy...
  3. Ford must be doing something right. Bronco Essentially Sold Out for Years

It makes sense to gun for Tesla. They are winning the EV race big time. They sold about 500,000 EVs in 2020. The nearest competitor, VW only sold about 220,000. And Tesla's sales are growing very rapidly. Ford's sales in this market are tiny. Interesting to hear that Tesla is not making...
  4. Would any of you buy a hybrid Bronco?

It's a great choice for me now. I wouldn't be surprised if it will continue to work fine for me longer than a new F250 if I decided to buy one tomorrow. I need a pickup, but I wouldn't use a big vehicle like that for daily transportation anyway. Seems too wasteful. I'd say how long reliable...
  5. Would any of you buy a hybrid Bronco?

Cylinder deactivation sucks. I'd rather just pay whatever BS tax someone wants to charge me based on whatever phony fuel economy numbers they use. Hi there. I'm not really interested in more turbos. It could have 3 or 4, doesn't matter to me. But I would really like more cylinders. My...
  6. Would any of you buy a hybrid Bronco?

Lets say a vehicle like the Bronco gets about 20 mpg gas engine. Then if you convert to electric - everything else the same, how much does the electrical energy cost vs. buying gas? Just curious.
  7. How much would you pay for a V8 in the Bronco?

My assumption is that if Ford is planning a V8 option, they don't want to talk about it until the sales of the buzzy 4 cylinders and craptastic nasty sounding V6s start to taper off. Then they will come in with the V8. At least that's what I'm hoping for. The current engines seem fine for an...
  8. Spied: 2021 Bronco Interior Full Look @ Dash, Screen, Console, 4WD Drive Mode Dial!

Interior looks great to me. A little more luxurious than I would prefer maybe. Hopefully they have an optional cheaper interior. Overall very nice.
  9. What’s your dealbreaker for new Ford Bronco?

It's definitely possible. And it's possible that I might not ever buy another new Ford. They probably won't miss me. Yeah I realize they probably aren't going to offer it with a V8. Most people on the forum want a new 4x4 enough that they don't care about the powertrain (or they just don't...
  10. What’s your dealbreaker for new Ford Bronco?

No V8 - I probably won't buy one. Maybe if they have a strong NA V6 that sounds decent I might consider it, but I've only heard one or two V6s that I thought sounded decent. I may end up buying a Bronco in 5+ years even if the powertrain is crappy, but if they have a V8 I might consider buying...
  11. Minneapolis Auto Show

I always just used my Mustangs to get through the snow. No problem. There used to be an occasional pucker factor on icy days when I was driving 80s Mustangs, but no serious issues. And modern Mustangs are super easy to drive in the snow. 4wd can be fun for ripping around in the snow...
  12. Minneapolis Auto Show

Here I thought I was in flyover COUNTRY, not the BIG CITY. ;) People here think they need 4wd to get through snow. I think a lot of Broncos will sell in this area. Too bad Ford couldn't at least do some kind of teaser. By next year it will be old news (I hope).
  13. Minneapolis Auto Show

That's what I thought too. People would be posting like crazy about it. Right?
  14. Minneapolis Auto Show

The Auto Show is going on right now in Minneapolis. The wife only wants to go if the Bronco is there. I looked on the Auto Show website and don't see anything specific about the Bronco. My best guess is the Bronco isn't here. Stinks if Ford is going to release info this month but they can't...
  15. Which features of the Bronco is most important to you?

I chose styling as number 1, because if it's ugly I'm sure that I won't buy one. The only reasons I read this forum are due to the styling of the early Broncos and that I like Fords in general. I want a V8, but it's possible I might buy one even if there's no V8 - less likely, but still...
  16. Possible peak of Bronco

That peek might pique my interest - or possibly it has peaked.
  17. Ford Mach E prototype spotted for the first time

I have to admit that the Mustang Mach E makes me want to go out and buy a Camaro.
  18. Ford Mach E prototype spotted for the first time

Never is a long time. If people with strong personal ethics ever decide that "global warming" or whatever they are calling it now is a real thing, those people will be buying cars.
  19. Ford Mach E prototype spotted for the first time

Someone said NOBODY is buying passenger cars when nearly 50% of vehicles sold last year were passenger cars. So that's what I'm debating. I realize that passenger cars aren't the biggest money makers for some car manufacturers, but a lot of them are sold. None. I bought the 2018 Ford and...
  20. Jeep and Chevrolet's Reaction to New Ford Bronco

Hummer would be a good platform to come back with and compete in this market. There are definitely people out there wishing for a new Hummer.