Sponsored

Search results

1. Status?

All this conjecture about the new Bronco makes me feel soooo lucky--I have had a '66 289 U15 since late June of 1999 and I can spend the $$$ on a new Bronco or on upgrades to my '66. WIN/WIN!! I hope Ford knocks one over the centerfield stands and into the traffic beyond, but if they don't it...
  2. 2020 Ford Bronco Concept Rendering

Well said, Abyss! I'm a manual transmission man, too. I turned down a cherry '77 Bronco that was just $5000 from the estate of a dude who collected vehicles (and garaged all of them except when invited to participate with one of his many vehicles in car shows or local parades) because it was an...
  3. 2020-2021 Ford Bronco Four-Door Concept Rendering

I totally agree, JAGSarge. That troller is a fugly POS! If that's the best your designers can do, just duplicate the 1966 but with the rear wheelwells cut out to match the fronts, tube bumpers front & rear, and a lift sufficient to use the Raptor's tires and wheels (Raptor wheels because Ford...
  4. 2020-2021 Ford Bronco Four-Door Concept Rendering

Hack, don't give up yet--Ford knows the value of the SVT staff and I'm sure they have sat in on the 2020 Bronco discussions. Australia makes some damned fine vehicles so their basic chasses will be solid and capable. It is up to Ford of America to develop a capable, desirable, kick-ass Bronco...
  5. 2020-2021 Ford Bronco Four-Door Concept Rendering

Mustang313, what a thoughtful and penetrating reply! Superb, actually! Somewhere along the way, you and others have come to believe that I am opposed to a four-door Bronco. NOT totally true. I would oppose a FOUR-DOOR ONLY Bronco (Ford has three four-door SUVs that have been in volume...
  6. 2020-2021 Ford Bronco Four-Door Concept Rendering

All true, Mustang313...Four-slammer SUVs are like assholes: everybody's got one--or two, or three (Ford already sells three of them--the Expedition, the Explorer, and the Escape. Why would they need a fourth?). We need just one genuine rock-climbing, beach-bustin', dune-ripping, Baja-beatin'...
  7. 2020-2021 Ford Bronco Four-Door Concept Rendering

All well and good--as long as there actually IS a two-door 2020 Bronco. Ford needs to have their marketing eyes wide open here--a resurrected Bronco is clearly something the public wants, yet all the true Broncos--the Early Bronco, the Big Bronco, and the Bronco II--were exclusively two-door...
  8. 2020-2021 Ford Bronco Four-Door Concept Rendering

Gorgeous, 73blubronco! One day my U15 '66 will be that color, too--only I will probably paint the top blue as well! There is a current F-150 blue finish that looks much like your shade of metallic blue and I will get mine painted whatever Ford officially calls their F-150 metallic blue. This may...
  9. JL Wrangler vs New Ford Bronco

On the TV news this week, Ford said that the 3.0-liter diesel it will be offering is the 3.0-liter diesel currently available in Land Rovers. 'Sounds like a good choice of engines to me provided Ford checks them out VERY carefully to assure that they actually DO meet diesel emissions standards...
  10. 2020-2021 Ford Bronco Four-Door Concept Rendering

Your '73 looks great!
  11. 2020-2021 Ford Bronco Four-Door Concept Rendering

Nice! 'Looks much less like an early Trailblazer derivative than the earlier renderings! PLEASE stop it with these GM SUV wheelwell openings--mimic the Early Bronco's front wheelwell openings but with much more flare! Or go with the rounded wheelwell openings of the Raptor. And nix the...
  12. Article: What Makes the Ford Bronco So Badass

OJ, I agree with your entire posting--the new Bronco needs to be an Early Bronco with 4-wheel discs, ABS, 5-speeds-or-more floor-shifted manual transmissions, the truck version of the Mustang's 5.0 DOHC 4-valve TiVCT direct-&-port fuel injection, and high-pinion nine-inchers front and rear--AT...
  13. Article: What Makes the Ford Bronco So Badass

As it stands right now, I've decided to put the considerable sum I have accumulated since 1999 in my exclusively Bronco bank account into a build of my '66 U15 that I bought in 1999 and drove daily until I quit my second job in 2004. Frankly, I just can't see the 2020 Bronco being a vehicle I...
  14. Early Bronco Needed, Not Another late Bronco SUV

Yo, P II: Whattizza "lighted roof top visor"? Do you have lighted sunroof visors on the roof of your '90 Bronco or on the roof of your spouse's '04 Civic? If a sunroof is optional, then it is OK--but a removable roof > a sunroof. However, how hard would it be for Ford to install optional...
  15. Early Bronco Needed, Not Another late Bronco SUV

Bronco_CA is right about those new Bronco concept drawings lookin' like a nasty "late 80s Blazer" more than the drawings look like any Bronco. I will puke and die before I will drive anything that looks like those nasty Blazers and/or their GMC counterparts. The Early Bronco--such as my 1966...
  16. build it and they will come....

Tasker's ideas/suggestions are superb, and Ford really oughtta listen to him. Ford sends reps to Mustang clubs to get input on what Mustangs should be and where Ford should be heading with the basic Mustang (IRS, for one) and with the many special editions.that are introduced or resurrected...
  17. Early Bronco Needed, Not Another late Bronco SUV

Ford already produces the Explorer--about as soccer mom as it gets. They won't justify a second Explorer--while going bigger competes with the Expedition and going smaller competes with the Escape. Even going bolder competes with the Raptor--although the Raptor is technically a pick-up and not...
  18. Interesting little rumor I heard

From what I've read so far, it appears that the Ranger will owe a lot (and get a LOT of parts from) the Australian vehicle (whose name I forget--maybe it's less forgettable in Australia...). The F-150 comes in a wide range of models and the supermodel Raptor. I don't think there's any aura...
  19. Viability towing vehicle?

All true. The guy who sold his '66 U15 Early Bronco to me did so because it was pretty unsuitable as a tow vehicle for his boat, especially in crosswinds...
  20. The Bronco Historical Timeline

'Just saw the timeline today (Jan 28th, 2017) and it is a solid piece of work. Your efforts to give the dates of each generation and to post relevant pics are praiseworthy, and I thank you!