Sponsored

Search results

1. Wiring Harness ruined by Driveshaft

So this person named 'Debbie' has been getting around social media regarding her Bronco having a defect causing it to be undriveable. Interestingly I have not seen anything on the forums about this and am curious if anyone else has had a simialr issue.
  2. DIY Install of 4WP Level Lift Kit on Black Diamond 2021 Bronco

yep. Counter clockwise vs clockwise to line up the bolts. I’m surprised you didn’t get any strange clunks when driving like that.
  3. DIY Install of 4WP Level Lift Kit on Black Diamond 2021 Bronco

uh no the spring sitting correctly in the perch is important. the upside down bolt thing you can do what you want. the reasoning for protection or clearance isn't enough of one vs the risk IF a failure was to occur.
  4. DIY Install of 4WP Level Lift Kit on Black Diamond 2021 Bronco

yes i see that now. better than nothing.. everything i said still holds true however. my biggest concern is the spring in the perch. at 8:29 you can clearly see as he uses the pry bar to rotate the strut body to line everything up, the spring doesn't move with it. i believe the issue here...
  5. Dealer wants $1400 for an install of $80 leveling kit.

yeah that’s not true. Find a better dealer.
  6. DIY Install of 4WP Level Lift Kit on Black Diamond 2021 Bronco

maybe but I know it’s done due to safety. You will find most manufacturers will always place bolts in this orientation. placing bolts upside down like that is just asking for trouble. I’ve seen plenty of nuts back out over time. In this case he didn’t even use any lock washers or loctite...
  7. DIY Install of 4WP Level Lift Kit on Black Diamond 2021 Bronco

The strut bolts to the lower control arm are top down for a reason. If the nut falls off the bolt will remain in place until you can pull over. Bottom up there’s nothing to retain the bolt and it will fall out if there’s a failure and you will have hard time keeping the vehicle on the road...
  8. Bronco 2.7L issues - CEL codes and airbag warning light

I really wonder if there is unmetered air getting into the system after the MAF sensor.
  9. Bronco 2.7L issues - CEL codes and airbag warning light

low fuel light comes on at 50 miles of range. still lots of fuel in the tank and the bucket is full. the pickup would be fully submerged. the light is just an idiot light for people that can't read a gauge. don't confuse coincidence with causation
  10. Bronco 2.7L issues - CEL codes and airbag warning light

WUT First off running the vehicle at 1/4 tank will not cause a fuel injected return-less style system to run lean. It's almost impossible. The only way that could ever actually occur is if the pump ran dry (which sits in it's own bucket separate from the tank) and under extreme angles to...
  11. What are you driving until your Bronco arrives?

As folks start to receive their broncos. I thought it'd be neat to see what folks are driving until theirs arrives and are trading in for a bronco. I'm not fully decided on if I'll keep my truck or trade for the Bronco when I can finally order one. 2020 Ranger XLT FX4 Ford Fox lift 17"...
  12. Owners: do you have MIC top roof rattle?

I've had bad experiences with Jeep, Toyota, and Subaru. I had a 2012 WRX that of all gears 5th synchro kept grinding. After 3 fixes by the dealer they finally fixed it. But then ruined 4th. It kept popping out of gear. Dealer told me to pound sand because i had a STI transmission bracket...
  13. [Updated 7/20] Early Delivered Bronco MIC Top Developing Honeycomb / Snakeskin Pattern

seriously, it's like if you want an off road capable SUV you have to go with a removable top variant. The 4Runner being the only exception or otherwise you have to get a truck. dumb i wish Toyota would reveal the next gen 4Runner already. I have no desire to take doors/roof off.
  14. Owners: do you have MIC top roof rattle?

i only lurk here and i'm not sure if you work for Ford or what but i've owned many many Ford's since 1997 and most have been poor quality. 97 Cobra - weak transmission, interior was god awful 2000 Mustang V6 - total mistake purchase - same awful interior and even worse drivetrain 2001 Cobra -...
  15. Owners: do you have MIC top roof rattle?

this was on a test drive of a brand new big bend with sasquatch 2 door with MIC hardtop. Had 200 miles on it. Turn your volume up high to hear it. It was very loud in person. My iPhone might have tried to mitigate it as background noise.
  16. Raj Nair: New Bronco Will Live Up To Its Heritage; Be "Different" Than The Ford Everest

"RN: That big Bronco we really replaced that with the Expedition" Wait What?? So the Expedition which is 27" longer than the Bronco ever was, has two extra doors, extra seats, etc fills the market the Bronco left? I think this guy doesn't know cars. Can we get someone that actually knows the...
  17. 2020 Bronco Raptor renders

It will not have a removable top. Keep dreaming. I agree on everything else. It will definitely be 4-dr only though. No clam shell suicide rear door. Likely 2.7TT ecoboost. IFS and solid rear. center and rear locking diff. Possibly the new 10spd auto depending on the tow rating they want...
  18. Raj Nair: New Bronco Will Live Up To Its Heritage; Be "Different" Than The Ford Everest

This is damage control folks. It will be an Everest with a different motor (likely 2.7 ecoboost) and redone front/rear and updated interior. Nair chose his words very carefully and that was done on purpose. Ford is a global manufacturer and has to leverage its costs.
  19. Bronco will NOT be a revised Everest

I'm going to be laughing my ass off at all you whiners who want a removable top 2dr SUV. Sorry it's not going to happen. The few, and I mean very few people that would buy it would not offset all of the development costs. Even the JK only sells about 25% as 2dr. The Bronco needs to compete...