Sponsored

Anybody pulled over by cops for tires poking out from fender flares?

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Exactly the opposite (and opposite of our training). You look for impairment. The things they ARE doing wrong. Swerving, crossing the line, blowing stop signs, failure to signal, etc. A DUI is also not aware of their environment. You can follow them for a few miles and they don't know you are there until you hit the blues.
Right on point. Can you imagine how funny a DUI arrest report would be if it read, ….” I observed the suspect driving the speed limit, stopping at all red lights and stop signs not tailgating or swerving at all, so I formed the opinion he might be impaired and stopped him for DUI investigation…. HA!
Sponsored

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
285/75R17 on my Black Diamond with stock flares and stock wheels.
1706545772335.jpeg
I have to check what BFGs actual diameter is. My Toyos are 33.9.

Not really any poke.
Removed crash bars. Added 2” lift after this pic was taken but not needed for fit. Very slight rub at full right lock on steering.
I had the same issue. Sway bar rub, correct? I’ve been running 1.5” spacers. Grabbed a set of 1.25” because I want less poke - gonna test them next rotation. But, can’t run 1” with the steelies without shaving studs. But, I might just get rid of the spacers deal with the rub or hope it’s lessened with some wear.

I want to keep running the steelies - but, also will likely go up a size after these Toyos are done. Not sure what my plan is for wheel by then.

OrangecrushBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

When you drive properly, you don't get pulled over.
False. When I had a Cadillac Eldorado I got from my uncle's wrecking yard and fixed up. After dark they'd pull me over all the time even making wreckless u-turns to get behind me. Never got a ticket because I never did anything wrong, but they profiled my car and being a young driver. One officer even lied about me having a license plate light out as the excuse for my stop and warning , got home ad looked and sure enough no light was out.

jjack50

Black Diamond
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 VW Jetta TDI, 2016 F350 4WD Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have to check what BFGs actual diameter is. My Toyos are 33.9.

I had the same issue. Sway bar rub, correct? I’ve been running 1.5” spacers. Grabbed a set of 1.25” because I want less poke - gonna test them next rotation. But, can’t run 1” with the steelies without shaving studs. But, I might just get rid of the spacers deal with the rub or hope it’s lessened with some wear.

I want to keep running the steelies - but, also will likely go up a size after these Toyos are done. Not sure what my plan is for wheel by then.
Only rub is at absolute full right lock so I’m happy to just deal with it. I’ve only seen it at very low speed so I don’t consider it a problem worth addressing.

First Name
Crystal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
All my vehicles are $1000 deductible, $0 on glass. Going 2-years in AZ without a cracked windshield is a miracle, irrespective of the window angle.
I just got a crack in my windshield. A semi was swerving on the shoulder because he wasn’t paying attention and was kicking up rock, we were behind him in the process of passing him. We didn’t see a crack when it happened but it froze overnight and we found a streak across starting on the top corner of the drivers side and every morning it gets worse. I made an appointment at the dealership to change it because of all the equipment in the rear view mirror and such. I have an appointment tomorrow. I’ll see what they say. I’m afraid it will over $1000. My deductible is $500.

Sponsored

HotLap

Outer Banks
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor and 2019 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I just got a crack in my windshield. A semi was swerving on the shoulder because he wasn’t paying attention and was kicking up rock, we were behind him in the process of passing him. We didn’t see a crack when it happened but it froze overnight and we found a streak across starting on the top corner of the drivers side and every morning it gets worse. I made an appointment at the dealership to change it because of all the equipment in the rear view mirror and such. I have an appointment tomorrow. I’ll see what they say. I’m afraid it will over $1000. My deductible is $500.
Feel for you - nothing worse than a negligent driver swerving/not paying attention (and most of time in a beater) on side of road and kicking up debris onto your vehicle…very irritating! I live in a rural agricultural area and this happens a lot! Pays to just hang back until you can quickly/safely get past them…had my 1st chip/crack at 5 mos…

BOLD Renegade93

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’ve had cops knock on my window when I was trying to poke in the back seat - but that was a few years ago
Gross, did they all stare at your negative offset?
Sponsored