Sponsored

(fun list!) Bronco accessories to be avoided! (keep it friendly)

Traveler

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wildtrak; 2017 HD FLTRXS and 2008 HD FLSTF
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
For my original Bronco I bought one of those Ford accessory Molle Panels for the tailgate. Mostly because I don't like the interior look of the tailgate. Found it pretty much useless. The clips didn't fit quite right and the cheapo adhesive wouldn't stay stuck. It for sure isn't up to holding anything more than a couple of pounds. Not making that mistake again.
This is a bummer to read! I picked one up today after using points to get it for free

Sunday Money

First Edition
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
So now that a few years have passed and many of us have experienced and observed the many accessories that one could waste money on, what would you recommend your friends avoid when pre-ordering accessories from Ford and 3rd parties while eagerly waiting their Bronco delivery? Which things would you say

"Dude, that was not an upgrade..."

Because of:
  1. low quality
  2. over priced
  3. bad aesthetics
  4. low performance
  5. lack of use cases
  6. poor design
Does snake oil rust proofing count as an accessory?

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As a geezer I have been successful at avoiding the temptation to buy all kinds of Bronco add ons. My tally to this point, IAG tailgate table with cutting board. ( on sale). Curt hitch to hold cargo extension and bike rack. T handles that replace the bolts which hold the the rear section of my two door roof. And finally IAG bolt on running boards. Satisfied with everyone of these add ons.

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Mudflaps, the rear were broken on my first "real" trail and I tore them off the rest of the way half way through the day; the mounting hardware is still in place. The fronts broke too, cracked but are still in place and keep the rock off the area between sliders so I left them on for now.

These would have been better for a lot less and would have been easy to drill and mount using same mounting holes/screws that the "Bronco" ones at less cost. And they are flexible compared to the Mabett/IAG type.

https://www.amazon.com/Plasticolor-Ford-Oval-Logo-Guard/dp/B0002NIJQC/ref=sr_1_1?crid=102Q3LWMVJ660&dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.ykOvKSyIibQN-Z80sQxbqmqStyTQxb9946Kzs0Khmt6CKrOkyzDPAyys9mPVs2G4AbLZVZEBg82dDKr8wQxUHnkPpUBACobRsQocrnMWqG8HnUg5-u7Y1e13l472r0KjUGcdupsuh9KvjRZBE2RDno51s3P_WDNrdvQRHo0o13LCeK43Wljga9uu9QOz8Xkvrvf4t57_JKJRGHB1g1tZF887yjRGJq8zyQ5g8ksqUgRFJjhT2SdPZ_aiZruNl9lwemLnwq7VugmRELdNEGHifgjiDEssqglIaq8-ncw98c4.7f9OkwaDsPSXAReXdvA3Zx5Gpc2nk824mKrWUFY5gs0&dib_tag=se&keywords=ford+mudflaps&qid=1713842015&sprefix=ford+mudflaps,aps,684&sr=8-1

$30 for two v $130 for all four Mabett. The rear flaps are really for the person behind you, so don't follow too closely... I replaced with a "Warning keep back! My Sasquatch like to throw rocks" sticker.
Ford Bronco (fun list!) Bronco accessories to be avoided! (keep it friendly) broken fla

Last edited:

Sponsored

Johnny Vikes

First Edition
First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 door Bronco FE, 2 door base-mansquatch Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Mine had the hood protector when I bought it. While I don’t love the looks, I also don’t have any windshield chips in 18,000 miles.
same here man - works well for me, had since 2021 .. looks good too

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My Mabett seat covers for my two door don't work with the rear seat cargo protectors from Mabett and their response was OPPS sorry! I was pretty pissed, it said in the ad that they would. I already had the protectors and didn't discover until after putting the covers on; the covers don't have the felt on the back like the four door covers do, so the protectors can't be "hooked & looped" on.

Gray

Heritage
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 RR Heritage Bronco, 2024 RR Heritage Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
I bought a white one of the center console covers to protect around my cup holders and it matches the dash on the heritage. It looks pretty good actually and there was enough 3M tape on the underside that it’s not going anywhere without a heat gun.

Has anyone bought these? I was wondering if they actually stayed attached. I don’t like the big colors but the carbon looks pretty good.

Ford Bronco (fun list!) Bronco accessories to be avoided! (keep it friendly) broken fla

Sponsored

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Metal door pockets
Ceter console side pockets
Metal grab handles
IAG mini mud flaps
Rokblokz mud flaps - unless you own a money printing machine
Full size BYOD rail
High priced name brand LED anything - ooh here come the 🔥🔥🔥🔥
Audio upgrade costing more than $200
Hooke Offroad tailgate assist
Mabett tailgate reinforcement
37 inch tires on a mall princess
Cheap floor and trunk mats - Mabett or other east Asia variety

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You are correct though - I'd never cook in my vehicle. That is just stupid.
News flash - you doing the tailgate open before cooking 😂😂😂

I cook on mine all the time and have no clue how you get bugs from them without being a slob of unimaginable propertions. Disclaimer - my "cooking" rarely involves things other than freeze dried goods. I may feel otherwise if I tried frying on it. But the space savings of not having to pack a separate camp table are worth it.

OP
OP
SkyKing

SkyKing

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 CG Wildtrak, E.R.A. 1966 Cobra 427 S/C replica
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Metal door pockets
Ceter console side pockets
Metal grab handles
IAG mini mud flaps
Rokblokz mud flaps - unless you own a money printing machine
Full size BYOD rail
High priced name brand LED anything - ooh here come the 🔥🔥🔥🔥
Audio upgrade costing more than $200
Hooke Offroad tailgate assist
Mabett tailgate reinforcement
37 inch tires on a mall princess
Cheap floor and trunk mats - Mabett or other east Asia variety
Good list but for for people like me with 2021 6-speaker system, the dollar amount should be higher, no? It really sucks like even for the 80’s.

OP
OP
SkyKing

SkyKing

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 CG Wildtrak, E.R.A. 1966 Cobra 427 S/C replica
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

- oh this might ruffle feathers but I’m gonna say replacing the factory CAI with a $400 “kit” that includes an air filter and plastic box with a window so you can see your air filter… filtering.

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
It came as standard on my 24 HE and if you have dogs it is indispensable. I have 2 Crates that sit right to the rear tailgate edge and when I'm putting E-Collars on or just loading them in the crates the slide-out tailgate makes it that much easier. Additionally I use it as a work bench when I am doing various projects and even stand on it to wash the top. It is very sturdy, well designed and I would have added it if it did not come as a standard.
I don’t roof rack, but I would think that the slide out TG would be essential for anyone who does roof rack.
Sponsored