Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 FX4, Infiniti QX60,
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hey y'all, I posted on a similar thread about what happened to my bronco, but I figured it would be a good idea to make a another post for awareness purposes.

My family and I we're at red light, busy main street, when the bronco started to shake.

Luckily the light just turned green and I was able to park it on the side of the road and it shut off. I attempted to restart it multiple times, but it wouldn't turn over.

I checked for loose bolts and then received a jump start. Didn't change anything. Full tank of gas.

I have a 2022 2.7L big bend 4door with auto transmission. I can't believe it's having these issues with only 12,000 miles on it. I'll update once I get in touch with the Ford dealership.

Thank God it didn't stall out on the main street or highway.
Sponsored

Fly

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Fuel pump issue maybe? I feel like I’ve seen a few other threads with those problems.

TCB-1

Black Diamond
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Black Diamond, '06 Scion xB, '61 Impala
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Once it stalled and you got a jump, it wouldn’t turn over at all? Sounds more electrical than fuel related if so. Hate to hear this. I’ll be watching to see what others say.

OP
OP
BeachingBronco

BeachingBronco

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Once it stalled and you got a jump, it wouldn’t turn over at all? Sounds more electrical than fuel related if so. Hate to hear this. I’ll be watching to see what others say.
Correct, jumping the bronco made no difference. I thought it might be low voltage from the battery at first, but volt meter showed good voltage and the jump made no change.

I also thought it was the fuel pump, but I won't be able to know for sure until I hear back from the dealership. First time having to deal with Ford warranty so we'll see how it goes.

I'm sure they'll make it right, it's just disappointing and a safety concern going forward.

OP
OP
BeachingBronco

BeachingBronco

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

UPDATE:

The dealership discovered my fuel pump went out. A new one is on order for replacement. I'll check back in after the repair has been done.

OP
OP
BeachingBronco

BeachingBronco

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

UPDATE:

I picked up my truck and a few days ago after the fuel pump was replaced. No issues so far and it idles a lot smoother.

Chastang Ford in Houston took care of business.
Sponsored