Sponsored

Acceptable # of KMs / Miles at delivery on a New Vehicle?

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've never ordered a vehicle built to my specs from the factory; always purchased off the lot and it can vary in km's (or miles for my American friends).

Just curious what is a "normal" number of km's or miles to have on a vehicle when picked up? How much of the journey is actually driven in the vehicle (from assembly to dealership)? I realize it's put on a train and then transport truck to the final destination, however does it go through slight testing at the factory or is everything on conveyors and it does next to no driving at the factory?

Something for us all to keep in mind as these roll into dealerships, just to ensure they're not having other customers "test drive" our orders.
Sponsored

campbebc

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Focus RS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I've never ordered a vehicle built to my specs from the factory; always purchased off the lot and it can vary in km's (or miles for my American friends).

Just curious what is a "normal" number of km's or miles to have on a vehicle when picked up? How much of the journey is actually driven in the vehicle (from assembly to dealership)? I realize it's put on a train and then transport truck to the final destination, however does it go through slight testing at the factory or is everything on conveyors and it does next to no driving at the factory?

Something for us all to keep in mind as these roll into dealerships, just to ensure they're not having other customers "test drive" our orders.
Should be <20 miles, anything more I'd be suspect. However, I'd expect that most get delivered with single digits on the clock.

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
50mi max

myrealname123

Badlands
First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I guarantee you this will be a thing when they start delivering.

ISYN, someone will say they expect less than 1 mile on it at delivery. 😂😂

BravoV4

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Honda Accord and a 2018 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Most dealers, I would assume, are close enough to Gas Stations where I think as @campbebc stated should be less than 20 miles on the vehicle. I'd venture to guess that even less than 15 should be the number. But Ford will sometimes drive a random vehicle for a quality check and they will tack on a sticker to the vehicle stating as such.

Sponsored

campbebc

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Focus RS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Most dealers, I would assume, are close enough to Gas Stations where I think as @campbebc stated should be less than 20 miles on the vehicle. I'd venture to guess that even less than 15 should be the number. But Ford will sometimes drive a random vehicle for a quality check and they will tack on a sticker to the vehicle stating as such.
Gotta fill it up so they can charge you $5/gallon for a fill up :ROFLMAO:

I'm planning to be there when my Bronco is unloaded, even if I need to return on a later date to actually pick it up, just to make sure there's no shenanigans and that they don't drill the damn front license plate holder on

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is not meant as a dig to op... I don't know why, but I'm always amazed at a forum's ability to come up with the exact same thread ideas out of thin air... it's like, parallel evolution.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...est-drive-orders-before-customer-pickup.3142/

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/delivery-mileage-how-much-is-too-much.10149/
I usually do search first, but not this time, sorry.

To be fair, new year, new post? lol

Thanks for everyones insights. As we get closer (some more than others) to deliveries, it's important to look at the odometer. My order isn't for someone else to joy ride in!

Last edited:

John Bronco_ I am here

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnbronco.com
Vehicle(s)
'66 Bronco, '08 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is not meant as a dig to op... I don't know why, but I'm always amazed at a forum's ability to come up with the exact same thread ideas out of thin air... it's like, parallel evolution.
I think it has to do with the limited number of topics of our chosen subject.

old goat

Big Bend
First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have bought plenty of new trucks / cars with less than 7 miles on them . that is what I expect to see on my new bronco

Sponsored

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
While it's nice to get one with as low a mileage as possible, it doesn't really matter since your warranty starts with the mileage that it has when you sign the papers. If you get one with higher miles (like 100 or so) there will usually be a note saying that yours was chosen for extra quality control testing. Being that it is factory ordered, there shouldn't be excessive miles on it unless your dealer thought they could be tricky and use it as a demo.

TSSPat

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My sales contract actually states <10km
But I'll also be camping it at the dealership the day the truck is expected to deliver to also ensure no getting lisence plate holes are drilled.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My '20 ranger had 4 miles on it when I drove it off the lot. That included the dealer taking it to the gas station. My 2013 F-150 had 33 miles on it as it was pulled by the plant for a test run that they do every so many vehicles. I know that because I ask the dealer, why so many miles. The good thing about ordering a vehicle is that there will be no test drives.

RednWhite89

Badlands
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

UberGadgetFreak

First Edition
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 FE Bronco 22 FE Mav, 23 Mav Tremor, 03 Marauder
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I am on the other end of the spectrum.
When I went to get my 16 Mustang, I wanted a very specific configuration as a throwback to my first car. Since they were desperate to make the sale sooner rather than later, they found one at a dealership 340 miles away and drove it up. They noted it on the paperwork so it didn't ding me on warranty coverage, plus gave me a little off for not getting it with less than 10.
Sponsored