Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GM Sierra Diesel Pick Up
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bronco Production YTD still only represents 7.5% of Bronco reservations . . . gotta long way to go . . .
I’ve seen the official Ford report on total reservations but I’ve yet to see a Ford report on how many active orders there are after people either didn’t convert a reservation or got tired of waiting and walked away and canceled an order.

The optimist part of me wants to believe that number is a lot lower than the reservation number which would allow those of us still waiting to get our rigs sooner.

OP
OP
Razorbak86

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve seen the official Ford report on total reservations but I’ve yet to see a Ford report on how many active orders there are after people either didn’t convert a reservation or got tired of waiting and walked away and canceled an order.

The optimist part of me wants to believe that number is a lot lower than the reservation number which would allow those of us still waiting to get our rigs sooner.
After the initial order conversion in March 2021, the totals were roughly 190,000 reservations, with 125,000 converted to orders (66% order conversion rate). With new orders placed after that initial deadline, I suspect the total number of orders may have risen to as high as 140,000, but I don't have any firm data on that.

Most retail special orders "abandoned" by customers or dealer employees don't really get cancelled. They still get built and shipped for lot inventory, so those numbers won't really have a material affect on the total order backlog.

Scopebit

Badlands
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lets be optimistic and consider possibly Ford can achieve August's rate of production to 8000 and stay there for the 2.5 months left in 2021 production (2022 supposedly starts mid-December)

That would be around 45,500 total 2021 MY Bronco production, not even half of the orders. And a far cry from the number of Wranglers being spit out of Toledo (they average annual sales in excess of 200,000)

In what fantasy world does Ford management think they can achieve anywhere near even half of that? Annualized production capacity at MAP counting all Broncos AND Rangers for 9 months so far seems to be a maximum of 139,000 vehicles. To achieve projections I would think that either Bronco or Ranger production would have to be related to another plant
I think Ford as much as anybody wants their biggest new thing on the roads for folks to see. Free advertising.

Scopebit

Badlands
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

RZ, with in-transit inventory of Broncos up nearly 200% I'm hoping that's good. Just one thing I'm wondering. Where in the world are those 520 unsold units? And, is one of them mine? I doubt that last question, but I can dream.....right. :)
I thought that some dealerships had to keep some broncos for six months and/or a certian number of miles before they could sell them.

Sponsored

the blue potato

Wildtrak
First Name
Mr. Gone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Ford F100
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sideline question - what is the difference between a converted reservation vs a converted retail order direct with dealer? Or are they the same thing?

OP
OP
Razorbak86

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I thought that some dealerships had to keep some broncos for six months and/or a certian number of miles before they could sell them.
Just the FCTP accessory "mannequin" units that are part of the Ford Courtesy Transportation Program (FCTP), which are governed by specific in-service requirements before they can be sold.

Ford Bronco Bronco September Sales & Production Numbers: 3,396 Sold / 3,916 Produced FCTP letter Page 1
Ford Bronco Bronco September Sales & Production Numbers: 3,396 Sold / 3,916 Produced FCTP letter Page 2

OP
OP
Razorbak86

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Research Alert: CFRA Reiterates Buy Opinion On Shares Of Ford Motor Company

MT NEWSWIRES 10:25 AM ET 10/4/2021

11:25 AM EDT, 10/04/2021 (MT Newswires) -- CFRA, an independent research provider, has provided MT Newswires with the following research alert. Analysts at CFRA have summarized their opinion as follows:

We maintain our 12-month price target of $20, based on 10x our '22 EPS estimate and a premium to F's 10-year average forward P/E of 8.6x. We raise our '21 adjusted EPS estimate by $0.05 to $1.60, but keep '22 at $2.00. Ford reported a 17.7% decline in U.S. auto sales for September, bringing its Q3 U.S. auto sales to 401,068 units (-27.4% Y/Y). The total was ahead of expectations for a 33% decline in auto sales for the quarter, and the sequential improvement in its sales decline was encouraging (-31.8% Y/Y in July, -33.1% in August, -17.7% in September), which we think is positive momentum that will carry through into Q4 and help boost investor sentiment toward the stock. The delivery ramp up of its new models (the Bronco, Bronco Sport, Maverick) were key drivers of the sequential improvement. Notably, passenger cars accounted for only 2% of total volumes in Q3 (down from 9% a year ago), as Ford continues to phase out of the vehicle type. Ford remains our top pick among traditional U.S. automakers.

Price: , Change: , Percent Change:

MT Newswires does not provide investment advice. Unauthorized reproduction is strictly prohibited.

330SMG

Badlands
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 F150 ,89 325i and 72 Dodge Charger SE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bronco September 2021 Sales & Production Highlights
  • Bronco Sales (September): 3,396 vehicles. Sales (YTD): 10,204 vehicles.
  • Bronco Production (September): 3,916 vehicles. Production (YTD): 25,539 vehicles.
  • Bronco is flowing to dealer lots with in-transit inventory up nearly 200% compared to last month. Bronco retail sales were up 26.4% over August, while Bronco Sport sales were up 75.2%.
Overall September 2021 Sales Highlights
  • Overall sales were down 17.7% (year-over-year from September 2020).
  • Retail sales were up 34.3% compared to August.
  • 52,000 new vehicle orders were placed.
  • Lincoln brand retail sales increase 52.6% over August as Nautilus sales soar.
  • September’s results made Ford the number No. 1 seller of vehicles in the U.S. for the month.
  • Vehicles are moving from dealer lots to customers at the fastest pace this year, while 31 percent of retail sales where from previously placed customer orders.
  • Ford’s electrified vehicle portfolio continues to attract new customers to the brand at a higher rate than Ford overall – at a conquest rate that is 6 points above.
  • F-150 Lightning reservations have now surpassed 150,000.
  • Ford recorded a record 77.3% of AWD/4WD SUV mix, which helped to lower its incentive spend as a percentage of average transaction pricing to 3.9%.
  • This is 10.3 points lower than a year ago and 0.6 points lower than August.
  • Explorer retail sales were up 155 percent compared to August on improved availability.
  • At the end of September, Ford’s highly anticipated new Maverick pickup posted its first sales report with 506 sold.
  • F-Series sales continued to expand, marking its best month since the semiconductor shortage began with 63,164 sold.
  • Ford brand SUV retail sales expanded 56.0 percent over August, while retail share increased an estimated 3.9 points to 10.1 percent.
September 2021 Sales Summary

Ford Bronco Bronco September Sales & Production Numbers: 3,396 Sold / 3,916 Produced FCTP letter Page 2

September 2021 Sales

September 2021 Inventory

September 2021 Production

Just 100,000 more to go to fulfill 2021 orders
My wife wants a 22 so I said order it in October you should get it by Christmas of 2022.

330SMG

Badlands
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bronco September 2021 Sales & Production Highlights
  • Bronco Sales (September): 3,396 vehicles. Sales (YTD): 10,204 vehicles.
  • Bronco Production (September): 3,916 vehicles. Production (YTD): 25,539 vehicles.
  • Bronco is flowing to dealer lots with in-transit inventory up nearly 200% compared to last month. Bronco retail sales were up 26.4% over August, while Bronco Sport sales were up 75.2%.
Overall September 2021 Sales Highlights
  • Overall sales were down 17.7% (year-over-year from September 2020).
  • Retail sales were up 34.3% compared to August.
  • 52,000 new vehicle orders were placed.
  • Lincoln brand retail sales increase 52.6% over August as Nautilus sales soar.
  • September’s results made Ford the number No. 1 seller of vehicles in the U.S. for the month.
  • Vehicles are moving from dealer lots to customers at the fastest pace this year, while 31 percent of retail sales where from previously placed customer orders.
  • Ford’s electrified vehicle portfolio continues to attract new customers to the brand at a higher rate than Ford overall – at a conquest rate that is 6 points above.
  • F-150 Lightning reservations have now surpassed 150,000.
  • Ford recorded a record 77.3% of AWD/4WD SUV mix, which helped to lower its incentive spend as a percentage of average transaction pricing to 3.9%.
  • This is 10.3 points lower than a year ago and 0.6 points lower than August.
  • Explorer retail sales were up 155 percent compared to August on improved availability.
  • At the end of September, Ford’s highly anticipated new Maverick pickup posted its first sales report with 506 sold.
  • F-Series sales continued to expand, marking its best month since the semiconductor shortage began with 63,164 sold.
  • Ford brand SUV retail sales expanded 56.0 percent over August, while retail share increased an estimated 3.9 points to 10.1 percent.
September 2021 Sales Summary

September 2021 Sales

September 2021 Inventory

September 2021 Production

Just 100,000 more to go to fulfill 2021 orders
My wife wants a 22 so I said order it in October you should get it by Christmas of 2022.

Sponsored

330SMG

Badlands
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Lets be optimistic and consider possibly Ford can achieve August's rate of production to 8000 and stay there for the 2.5 months left in 2021 production (2022 supposedly starts mid-December)

That would be around 45,500 total 2021 MY Bronco production, not even half of the orders. And a far cry from the number of Wranglers being spit out of Toledo (they average annual sales in excess of 200,000)

In what fantasy world does Ford management think they can achieve anywhere near even half of that? Annualized production capacity at MAP counting all Broncos AND Rangers for 9 months so far seems to be a maximum of 139,000 vehicles. To achieve projections I would think that either Bronco or Ranger production would have to be related to another plant
Umm Stellantis shut the Jeep plant down for over a week at the end of September. They are not pumping out 200k of anything.

Rough Rider

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Below is what I used to drive. 15-18 was one body style, 19-20 was another. A 2019 or 2020 is probably one of the most rare cars available in the US. Less of those around than a LOT of exotics. I had a 15, of that body style there were less than 5500 in the whole country, but the 19-20 body style there are less than 700 in the US in total.

Total sales of Kia K900 (by year)
YearTotal sales

Really under appreciated vehicle. The K900 was a huge bargain and a great vehicle.

I on the otherhand, drove a 1999 Isuzu Vehicross.....one of 4,153. I should never have sold that....

OP
OP
Razorbak86

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford sees third-quarter sales dip but latest data suggests strength, recovery [Detroit Free Press]

TRIBUNE CONTENT AGENCY 11:07 AM ET 10/4/2021

Ford Motor Co. (F) is focused on month-by-month gains in sales to illustrate a shift away from chip shortage paralysis, and steady sales growth during the past quarter shows a trend toward improvement in the U.S, the company said on Monday.

While Ford sales for July through September reflect a 27.4% dip to 400,843 vehicles from 551,796 vehicles in the same period a year ago, the Dearborn automaker said it is proud to maintain its lead in the truck war with the still bestselling F-Series.

F-Series sales in the third quarter totaled 172,799 pickups, down 22% from the same period a year ago. However, Stellantis (STLA) reported Ram Truck sales totaled 121,704 pickups and General Motors (GM) reported Silverado sales totaled 123,067 pickups, according to company data released last week. Ford does not breakout F-150 sales from its overall F-Series numbers.

GM reported Friday its new vehicle sales in the U.S. for third quarter plummeted 33% to 446,997 vehicles. Meanwhile, Stellantis (STLA) reported a 19% drop to 410,917 vehicles for the quarter. Tesla made global headlines for delivering 241,300 vehicles in third quarter, beating Wall Street expectations.

The strength of Tesla all-electric sales underscore the thinking behind Ford's multibillion dollar commitment to battery production in Tennessee and Kentucky announced in September.

Ford is cautiously optimistic about coming months, said Erich Merkle, U.S. sales analyst for Ford.

Supply chain challenges led by a semiconductor chip shortage have been squeezing the whole industry. Yet industry data shows Ford is on the upswing.

"Ford closed the third quarter with a stronger performance than it started," said Michelle Krebs, executive analyst at Cox Automotive.

"Ford's September sales exceeded our expectations and outperformed the market," she said. "It appears that Ford got shipments of chips, plugged them into some of the vehicles that had been built and parked awaiting parts and shipped them out to dealerships, where they were snapped up by buyers."

Krebs added, "We have been watching Ford's supply improve in recent weeks. Ford starts the final quarter of the year with somewhat better supply than it started the third quarter and better than some of its key competitors."

Ford sold 156,614 vehicles in September, leading its competitors in monthly sales.

By contrast, monthly auto data obtained by the Free Press but not generally released to the public showed GM sold just 111,491 vehicles; Stellantis (STLA) sold 135,145 vehicles, and Toyota (TM) sold 152,916 vehicles.

Year-over-year data has always provided a helpful measure of the health of the auto industry. Since the COVID-19 pandemic, the data reflects less the interest of consumers than supply shortages and manufacturing problems.

This week, Ford production is shut down at Kansas City Assembly for the Transit van and Flat Rock Assembly for the Mustang. The Kentucky Truck Plant in Louisville is down to one shift.

"The global semiconductor shortage continues to affect Ford's North American plants along with automakers and other industries around the world," Ford spokesman Said Deep told the Free Press. "Behind the scenes, we have teams working on how to maximize production, with a continued commitment to building every high-demand vehicle for our customers with the quality they expect."

Tracking the trajectory of sales is more helpful now than comparing big periods of time because everything is so unpredictable recently, analysts said.

Ford is the only automaker that releases monthly data. This routine began after Ford CEO Jim Farley took the helm Oct. 1, 2020, saying he wanted to provide as much transparency as possible.

"It's so wonky with the chip situation," Merkle said. "We've got good momentum going into fourth quarter. That's what we're excited about. Our inventory is the best of all the automakers going into October. Our big production and inventory gains from August set us up well. Right now, it's all about producing, taking customer orders and filling."

Inventory will remain tight into 2022, Merkle said.

"I think we, along with the whole industry, aren't so much looking for year-over-year gains at this point," he said. "There's just so much volatility and whipsawing in the numbers. We're looking for good sequential improvement."

Sam Fiorani, vice president of global vehicle forecasting at AutoForecast Solutions in Chester Springs, Pennsylvania, said new models such as Bronco, Bronco Sport, Maverick and Mustang Mach-E have driven the bottom line in the third quarter.

"Ford has really taken a hit from the semiconductor shortage," Fiorani said. "The added sales from those four new models in the third quarter was not enough to offset the loss on the brand's top-selling F-Series. And when profit centers such as the F-Series are down by double-digits two quarters in a row and five months straight, that's when you know this has become a crisis."

Even the new models are hurting as sales of the Mustang Mach-E were off by 7.7% between the second quarter and the third, and the Bronco Sport sputtered by 44% over that timeframe, Fiorani said.

"In addition to improved sales for the Lincoln Nautilus, the only other bright side in September's numbers is that the F-Series was down 17.7%, which is an improvement over the previous four months," he said. "When the chip shortage is like a forest fire in the entire industry, you have to find these little seedlings of hope that a prosperous future is on its way."

Emmanuel Rosner, a research analyst at Deutsche Bank(DB), wrote a note to investors on Monday that said Ford and Hyundai gained market share in September — mostly at the expense of GM.

On Monday, Ford released a laundry list of September highlights:

Despite industry focus on all things grim, Jeff King says business is great in Florida.

"We figure that the best dealers gain market share in difficult markets," said King, vice president and general manager at Bozard Ford Lincoln in St. Augustine. "We're continuing to work extremely hard on managing inventory. When it gets tight is when you have to work harder. We're doing what we can to get what we can."

Orders for new cars continue to pour in, he said. "Our business is really good."

He pointed to two huge factors driving hope and enthusiasm.

First, the early response to the all-electric Ford F-150 Lightning. Second, a unique approach to generating revenue and attracting buyers that may forecast national changes for Ford dealers in the future.

"We're getting 9 or 10 Lightning reservations a week — for about 300 so far," King said. "And the names on them — very few are familiar. I'm surprised how consistently they're rolling in. They've put down a $100 deposit and chose us as the dealer. Plus, we've got 600 Bronco reservations."

After riding in the Mach-E GT, which he didn't think he'd like, he went and bought more Ford stock. "If this is what electrification looks like, and we're getting ready to do the Lightning? Done."

In addition to making sales and taking orders, King isn't waiting for crowds to show up. He's generating them. Over the past year, he has seen a surge in traffic to his dealership because of the Ford's Garage restaurant he built on site. A group at his dealership own about one-third of it.

They sold 99,380 draft beers in the first year of business, serving more than 270,000 breakfasts, lunches and dinners.

"Over half of those people would never have been to the dealership on that day," King said. "We brought 400 people a day to the dealership, not counting people just coming to buy cars. For six years, we've been in the Top 100 volume dealers for the last six years. We finished 2020 at No. 76. But we've finished the last two months in the Top 50. We're No. 46 this month. As for the restaurant, we hit 151% of our budget in year one."

Contact Phoebe Wall Howard at 313-618-1034 or [email protected]. Follow her on Twitter @phoebesaid. Read more on Ford and sign up for our autos newsletter.

swami37

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Ford F-1 and 2020 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
YEP! B6G chased/harassed/bullied al the good ones away

June, July, August, September = 4 months = 25,000 Broncos
October, November 1/2 December = ?? Broncos = 15-20k at most???
Total 2021 Broncos 40-45k??
This is what @PREMiERdrum said months ago ...about 40-50K builds for 2021
Sponsored

Last edited: