Sponsored

Bronco to be produced by JMC-Ford in China for local Chinese market [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

DryYourTears

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Defender, 51 Ford F1, motorcycles
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Every time? šŸ˜

Ford Bronco Bronco to be produced by JMC-Ford in China for local Chinese market [WARNING: NO POLITICS] DSC06678-HDR-1-scaled
This is slightly less bad. I guess I should clarify that it matters mostly with the first generation of Broncos.... 1966-1977.

I LOVE cut fenders. Front and back, high and tight. Nothing sexier.

Ford Bronco Bronco to be produced by JMC-Ford in China for local Chinese market [WARNING: NO POLITICS] DSC06678-HDR-1-scaled
Absolutely, cringingly ruined. It's bad enough when the cut the rear to match the front, but to cut both of them and leave it looking like THAT? I assume someone had a rust issue and no idea how to fix it (or weld).

I'd rather drive a new Chinese Bronco with the special "capabular" front bumper!

Tricky Mike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is slightly less bad. I guess I should clarify that it matters mostly with the first generation of Broncos.... 1966-1977.

Absolutely, cringingly ruined. It's bad enough when the cut the rear to match the front, but to cut both of them and leave it looking like THAT? I assume someone had a rust issue and no idea how to fix it (or weld).

I'd rather drive a new Chinese Bronco with the special "capabular" front bumper!
The only thing worse than leaving it uncut is only cutting the back. When I see an uncut Bronco I have to assume it's a mall crawler at best.

DryYourTears

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Defender, 51 Ford F1, motorcycles
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The only thing worse than leaving it uncut is only cutting the back. When I see an uncut Bronco I have to assume it's a mall crawler at best.
There's no shame in wanting a hacked up old Jeep CJ. There's no reason to go ruining a classic beauty to try to hide it!

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think Ford is late to the game. The Chinese economy is constricting, and the "easy" manufacturing environment is quickly fading. That said, IF they are able to get this off the ground and keep a legit IP for it they should be able to make a decent show of it.
Doesn't this have more to do with Chineses restrictions to imported autos? Same reason that Buick and Tesla have plants there?

Sponsored

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Ruined??? That's a bit of an overstatement. Here's the fix, like you said, they'll be rusty anyways.

You can pretty much build a new EB from new parts! Now taking an original barn find and cutting it back should be a crime but I'd guess the majority were cut 30 years ago.

Ford Bronco Bronco to be produced by JMC-Ford in China for local Chinese market [WARNING: NO POLITICS] Screenshot_20230914-174901

equitasforall

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Dude1967

Outer Banks
First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco 2 door Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

jon

Base
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Rubicon, 1989 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜15 Mustang ecoboost, 4wd Excursion, ā€˜69 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You can pretty much build a new EB from new parts! Now taking an original barn find and cutting it back should be a crime but I'd guess the majority were cut 30 years ago.
More like 40+ years. Back then, No one under 60 years old liked the rear fender shape which is from an early 60ā€™s f100. And to get any decent sized tires on them without a large lift (which no one really had or most couldnā€™t afford) you had to cut the rear fenders. I agree, to cut an original now is a sin, but I actually like the rear fenders better cut. But thatā€™s about what I was used to seeing when they got fixed up. Iā€™m 64 btw. The good thing is metal is easily replaced.

Responding to a comment about that they look like jeep shape. The jeeps of that era (CJā€™s) had round rear fender openings. And the front fenders were basically a squared off trailer fender. Open in the front. The first gen Blazer had round openings.
Sponsored