Sponsored

For those that have their Broncos, what's your biggest complaint?

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How is carplay affected by rural areas? That would be your phone's problem not carplay...
Incorrect. Sync works perfectly and does not drop calls or stop spotify, only Carplay does that. On week days, carplay is dead to me. :LOL:
Sponsored

hkbooner

Wildtrak
First Name
Hallie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cactus Grey Wildtrak (4-dr)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Trueblue2296

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands, 2022 F250 Tremor 6.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Getting on forums and Facebook pages to see cool stuff only to see more people crying about not having a Bronco yet.

Rhall28

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Infiniti M35
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
O&B stereo is a let down and the lack of interior lighting. Otherwise the vehicle is fantastic. No problems with the MIC top and the cabin is a lot quieter than I thought it would be at 70 mph (without a headliner). Gas mileage is poor but I expected that.

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ford should be embarrassed by the B&O stereo quality, but it's better after $135 and 45 minutes of my time. I'll likely dump another $1,500 into it before I'm sasisfied with the sound. My biggest disappointment is the lack of availability of the MIC top, which still seems to need many improvements.

Sponsored

TX-Hans

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Escalade, '13 Jeep Wrangler, '21 Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
My biggest complaint...I don't get to drive it enough. The thing is way to dang much fun. Everyone, go enjoy it and try to do your best to stop worrying about the little things

LowerSlowerDelaware

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Chevy S10 Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

First, all the smeared glass from the finger and face prints of people trying to look inside my Bronco

Second and probably the worse is the rivulets of drool on the paint from those poor, desperate souls waiting on their 2 Door Bronco. Constantly either washing my Bronco or carrying spray bottles of cleaner/disinfectant and ShamWows with me

Third is listening to all the Bronco Sport owners sniveling about how their "Bronco" is just as real a Bronco as any of the 6g Broncos, especially the "More Door" Bronco Wagons because Ford put Bronco on their grills too

luckys13

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Atlas, Mini Cooper, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Biggest complaint is I didnt get is sooner. Then the whole tie rod thing came up... But still biggest complaint is I didnt get it sooner...

mamamoose

Big Bend
First Name
Nikki
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Ford Taurus, 2019 Civic Type R
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
How did he turn it off?
its in the settings through the dash. But i found these instructions to try online:

What to do to deactivate the horn honk feature:
  1. Press both the lock and unlock buttons on your remote for two seconds.
  2. Watch for the hazard lights to flash three times.
  3. Lock the doors and confirm that the horn does not sound.

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The B&O stereo is a joke for a premium offering but is easily improved for a few hundred dollars. The sub will take more than that to fix.

My biggest wish for the Bronco would be the Ford Lion 3.0 diesel that has averaged 28.5mpg in our 2018 Range Rover that has 64,000 miles on it. At over 5,000 pounds it’s about the same size as the Bronco and a bit more aerodynamic, but I’m sure it would average 24+ mpg vs. the 15-16 mpg I’m getting. It also would give better performance with 443 ft/lbs available at 1,750 rpm.

The 2.7L feels sluggish to me.

Sponsored

Landin536

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Golf
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My only real complaint is the cheap plastic tabs on the rear window of the soft top. Had one snap off and lost.

Bigwheelin

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 f150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There's a whole section on this forum dedicated to issues with the Bronco that you might want to check out. Aside from blatant mechanical or quality issues with specific Broncos, the things someone coming from a "normal" car or SUV might be bothered by in a daily driver include:
  • Wind noise from the top
  • Really bad gas mileage
  • Subpar sound system
  • The near-vertical windshield being more susceptible to cracks
  • Collected rain being channeled by the roof into open windows
  • Tires throwing rocks and dirt
These things are somewhat typical for this type of vehicle, so it's not like the Bronco is especially horrible in these regards. Just things to be aware of.
Agree with all this

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The double speedo instrument cluster, dingy cargo area lighting, and window rattle are all ones that will annoy just about everyone too. Those aren't really engineering tradeoffs... just mistakes.

I'd be a bit surprised if all of them aren't addressed by Ford within the next few years, but at least there are aftermarket options for the lighting. Would be a great sign of goodwill by Ford if they pushed out an over-the-air update to spruce up the instrument cluster, but I'm not holding my breath for that.

Elonmsk

Badlands
First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner, F430, Viper GTS ACR, E60 M5, GX470
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Build quality. I would elaborate but I don’t have the bandwidth to respond to every Ford owner telling me it’s an “off-road vehicle”. 🤦‍♂️

Calm horse

Big Bend
First Name
MO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 f150 king ranch
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Now that I got my bronco the biggest complaint would be all the people that don't , always whining that they don't have theirs yet and that they are day 1 reservation ...Just kidding! Now to go read about the guy who has 2 broncos!
Sponsored