BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Granger isn't exactly small, they sell Chrysler Dodge and Ford products and give shoppers rides in a golf cart to get around a lot.
Lol, I don't think having a courtesy cart is the metric of a big dealer. Have a look at their website, they show 32 Fords in their new inventory, drill down into that and only 9 are on the lot and the rest are on order or in transit. I understand everyone's inventory is reduced right now but Granger is indeed a small dealership. Disclaimer, I am a Granger supporter in spirit but not dollars.
Sponsored

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'd love to know what percentage of the, "I'm never getting my Bronco, I hate Ford!" members thought they'd save $1K by being part of some experimental, mass-order promotion offered by a small dealership operating in an industry governed by well-established norms.
There are plenty of us still waiting who ordered from larger dealerships. I passed on Granger's "deal" because after shipping from IA to Phoenix, I would have saved about $300, plus I would have had to take a half day off work to deal with the MVD (it's MVD here not DMV go figure). The $300 is in taxes, because if I buy from out of state I have to pay State taxes but not city.

For MY21:
My local mid-size dealership had 420 initial orders and got an allocation of 120.
The BIG local dealership had over 2000 orders and got an allocation of just under 500.
The small exurban dealership had 120 orders and got 40 allocations.

All 8 dealerships in town said MSRP, no more, no less.

For MY22 I am sure the big dealership got a lot more allocations because they are the largest F-150 seller in the Southwest.

How many Bronco's has Ford actually delivered to customers?
How many Bronco's has Ford actually built for customer orders?

When I ordered mine, I (not quite joking) told people, "there are 120,000 people ahead of me in line". Which is fine. What's not fine is Ford building the exact same model for folks who ordered a year later.

No sympathy for the OP who is whining about waiting on his 3rd Bronco when half the forum hasn't even seen their first one yet.

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You know Granger isnā€™t a big dealershipā€¦ā€¦because if they were, Ford would not have done what they did to them and all their customers.
Ford f*^<ed Granger, not to punish them, but rather to appease the large dealerships that were whining to Ford about Granger and others having the nerve to undersell themā€¦..if that had been allowed to continue, and caught on by other small dealerships it would have begun to seriously effect large dealerships profit margin and selling price.
So Ford squashed Granger and their customers as a sacrifice to the big guys.
I still find it hilarious that Granger selling Broncos below invoice is the hill Ford chose to die on and intervene. Itā€™s out of their hands when some greedy, unethical dealership with a giant effing Ford sign in their lot prices a day 1 reservation holder out of his Bronco with a $20k ADMā€¦ā€¦.but sell people a Bronco under invoice, establish forum relationships, be true to your word and build your business by trying to earn repeat customers? Oh, noā€¦..we canā€™t have that. Time to move the goalposts. Dirty, rotten, crooked Bastards.

Last edited:

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Agree with all of this, with perhaps a minor exception to the first sentenceā€¦.as to when allocations weā€™re implemented. Unless my memory fails me, the original guidance (post reservation/pre-order) from Ford stated Broncos would be built by (paraphrasing here because I canā€™t be bothered to look for the document/Q&A, or whatever it was at the moment) Reservation/timestamp, part constraints, and ā€œRegional Considerationsā€ā€¦ā€¦something like that. What we didnā€™t know at the time was ā€œRegional Considerationsā€ was a sneaky way of saying dealership allocations. But, some? All? Dealerships and Ford knew the meaning of that seemingly innocuous term at the time.
Great job with this post. Pretty much sums up the past 625 days.
What still sticks in my craw was watching those thousands of ā€œPriority Ordersā€ being dolled out without explanation or prior notice, exhausting critically low resources at the time (Sasquatch, Lux, Mic, 2.7L, etc. etc.). I remember the legalized line jumping that Ford implemented to empower dealerships and screw the reservation holder from the git go, just to let us know whatā€™s up.
Now I sit here with a first 10 minute, day 1 timestamp and a #1 of 56 allocation at my dealership and no Bronco (well I paid a $5k ADM on a BB softy as a gap vehicle) yetā€¦..however I received a ā€œbuiltā€ email this past Sunday after a nearly 2 1/2 month wait at Ice mountain. Stay Pumped! Go Ford.
This one? There was always lots of gray area language in my opinion. Especially relating to delivery and no guarantee language.

When will I take delivery of my vehicle?

You will be able to order your Bronco in late 2020. Production and deliveries will begin spring 2021. Bronco Sport will be available to order in summer 2020. Production and deliveries will begin late 2020. Once actual delivery times may vary based on vehicle model and configuration selected, residency and demand. Once your vehicle is scheduled, you will receive further notification.

Richtor

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Tremor 7.3, 21 Badlands Sasquatch Stick(order)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
More like saving $3,400 or so...as it's $1k below invoice, not MSRP. I think with doc fees being cheaper too, I saved a bit over $4k from a different dealer who was discounting as well. I have also had mine for several months, so you on your high horse are still waiting and also paying $4k+ more.

Anyway, I do have sympathy for the rest of the discount order holders, as they proceeded based on what @Ford Motor Company clearly communicated when they reserved. No one should have been expected to have Ford back off on their clear commitment to reservation holders. Arrogant, out of touch, and resentful statements towards those people who trusted Ford at their word are in poor taste and reflect badly on the person.

That said, OP is not in that category and deserves no sympathy...he has received 2 Bronocs, and is merely a disgruntled flipper who can't get a 3rd.
I thought Grangers doc fee was $500?
So he has purchased 2 already does he still own both?
It appears that math isn't your strong suit. :rolleyes:
Invoice and msrp is not that much. $2-3k in most cases. Add in the $500 doc fee your savings is only about $2k. Add in the transportation to get the vehicle which could be another $1k that $4k savings is quickly less than a $1k. Is it worth the hassle? If youā€™re close by yes. If your 1500 miles away not so much.

Sponsored

BigGarnet

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I thought Grangers doc fee was $500?
So he has purchased 2 already does he still own both?

Invoice and msrp is not that much. $2-3k in most cases. Add in the $500 doc fee your savings is only about $2k. Add in the transportation to get the vehicle which could be another $1k that $4k savings is quickly less than a $1k. Is it worth the hassle? If youā€™re close by yes. If your 1500 miles away not so much.

I bought in PA at a similar deal...paid $394 doc fee, compared to the standard $899 in Virginia. Invoice was about $2,600 under MSRP. I saved another 3% off invoice, so that's another $1,680 plus $500 in savings on doc fees...so actually $4,780 less than most are paying, and fantastic service. I drove 3 hours...hard to beat that deal.

The bottom line is that be careful when you attempt to gloat and talk down to others with a high level of condescension; you didn't get some brilliant deal...and you are still waiting.
The people who are waiting because of a broken commitment by @Ford Motor Company got screwed, and thats a bad thing that no one should be happy about.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
All you have to do is walk into another dealership and place a new order. Ford allowed reservation transfers but never did allow order transfers, an order with another dealer is always a new order because orders are submitted and below to the dealer,

Even under the original formula Granger would have had allocation for only around 300 Broncos. Granger is not totally off the hook either, they knew most buyers would be waiting a very long time. I can't help but think they didn't expect to deliver on very many of the October special reservations, as customers would jump ship when they learned it would be years.
You left out the part where, as soon as dealers found out the allocation formula favored more reservations for the initial allocations, that Granger ran the October special trying to pump up the reservations so that they could fill as many of the earlier ones that Ford had screwed with the allocation addition. They were clear there would be an extra wait for October folks, so they gave another $1000 off of invoice. More than half, per Granger, of all their orders came in that month, a lot of people did the math and liked the discount (and the honestly) for the extra few months of anticipated waiting. Fords allocation addition drove the special, which drove most of the final numbers to that dealer. Oh yeah, after they had such success with it, Ford changed the formula again to say that only orders taken before the end of September would count in the allocation formula for 2021MY. A direct swipe at Granger, take about being petty, but Ford decided to swat them and their customers an extra time for not picking one of Ford's preferred dealers instead of their own.

Although, this isnā€™t the communication I was referencing (apparently Regional is a common word:). This was from the delayed ordering email Ford sent us on 15 December, 2020, before we were allowed to order in January of the following yearā€¦ā€¦ā€the number of Bronco vehicles your dealership will receiveā€ = allocation.
i also found a Ford Q&A from 2020 on BN that specifically says ā€œallocationā€ in the formula.
Not that any of that matters now.

Your reservation* timestamp, and not the date that you place your order with your dealer, will be used to determine when your Bronco gets produced. Other factors for final delivery timing include vehicle model and configuration selected, part constraints, and the number of Bronco vehicles your dealer will receive.
It is hard to fathom why you would claim that Ford specifically stated there would be "allocations" in the formula and then provide a quote where they, literally, did not use the word "allocations" or "formula"

The statement is more properly read in the totality of the other terms Ford set, namely that all reservations would be built before dealer stock and in approximate order. With those constraints, the statement about how many your dealer gets would quite properly be read as boilerplate for you are not all getting your Broncos in the first month or maybe even the half model year because we cannot make them all 2021's, no capacity or parts. For God's sake, read the first sentence you quoted. The timestamp is used to determine when your Bronco gets produced. You claiming that the ambiguous statement about how many your dealer gets a few sentences later supersedes that? That is ridiculous.

I am sorry to tell you that allocations were already a thing when the order banks opened.

If you chose to order with a dealer with 100ā€™s of reservations in January of 2021ā€”who so obviously oversold by doubling down with the October deal to cover for their problemā€”to get $2000 off a $40000 vehicle, knowing Ford could impose any allocation formula they wished because they just had, then you took a risk.

That said, I think Ford should find a way to fix it for the consumer: allowing reorders at local dealers while keeping the timestamp or whatever.
Yes, they were a thing at order time. Not sure why you are hanging your hat on that as I clearly wrote that there were no allocations during the initial reservation time, not that they were not when the order banks opened (although Ford still had not told a single final consumer of the change yet, just changed the terms and conditions, how many times do you think people go back to re-read terms and conditions after they are done checking out of a website because they are fearful they might have changed and that it will affect them?), and as previously noted it was over $4000 in my case and with Ford's promise of reservations being built before dealer stock was still in the terms that meant a maximum wait based only on capacity and commodities. Maybe a full extra six months of waiting for me vs another dealer and that would be a maximum.

You guys keep going back to what Ford said in July 2020. Yes, Ford changed the rules and that is BS. But, they did it well before we were able to order (and thus could have switched dealers).

If weā€™re going to throw everyone who went through that exact risk assessment in 1Q21, and chose to go with a dealer with less reservations into the willfully ignorant bus: Ignoring allocation limitations when placing an order 4 months after they were announced at a dealer with 800 reservations is willful ignorance.

Regardless - Ford needs to find a way to fix this. We all agree early reservation holders should be taken care of before late 2020 reservations and so on.
See the last two sentences of my reply above; Allocations at that time (although Ford still did not tell anyone, just updated the terms and conditions after taking the money, which I still have trouble believing people are defending a company that took money for a reservation and then unilaterally changing the terms without sending direct notification to those affected.) An email that adds the words 'depending on how many your dealer gets..." is hardly notification, especially when coupled with the same 'reservations before dealer stock' statement.

There was a maximum downside that was, at least in my case, well worth the $750 a month in free money for each extra month of waiting.

The other complete killers of the reservation system were done later, when Ford changed the terms and conditions to only 2021 units would be built before dealer stock and the allocation formula was changed to not consider where reservations and associated orders were placed. That took place after ordering for 2022MY started and, as we all know... Ford won't let those orders be transferred. They are locked and were locked (even though Ford lied about them moving them if you wanted) before the final changes were made to the allocations. People knew the allocation formula might change, but nobody expected Ford to not consider reservations and orders already made. There was no reason to try finding another dealer and moving at re-order time.

Go Devils

Outer Banks
First Name
Reed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That really stinks for all those reservation holders who will not be delivered for several more years. I'm not sure how Ford messed up the Bronco rollout so badly? It seems they have learned with the F-150 Lightning. Reservation options for the Lightning are closed during the "ordering" process, and I get more updates on our future (way in the future--probably 2024) Lightning in one month than I ever received for our Bronco reservation (which was zero--except for the Bronco Off-Roadeo every other day).

Fyi, I just called the Ford 800# and changed dealerships for our Lightning in less than 5 minutes with an immediate email confirmation. I even double-checked the tracking site and it had the new dealership updated. If only the Bronco side could be that efficient and effective?

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I know they changed it again, and I know they made it worse.

My point remains they changed it once before we initially ordered, and between the initial change to allocations and the removal of X-plan, it was pretty obvious they could and would do what they want or were pressured into by all but three dealers. Granger was a big risk at that point.

I myself looked at ordering from Dealer Insider or Stephens, saw with a 7/14 res I would be on the bubble for 2021 (which is a distant bad joke now) and stayed at MSRP in the first third of my local dealer and still didnā€™t get scheduled. The only way I did finally get scheduled is hand raising for a GT and getting that order in before they asked my dealer which one for May.

This whole thing has been a shit show, with rule changes and top debacles and random scheduling etc. Almost everything that has happened has been to the misfortune of early enthusiast reservations. Especially at dealers who had more than a yearā€™s worth of allocation filled by day one and two reservations.

If they are going to get to all the early reservations at other dealers in 2022, Ford needs to fix it somehow for you guys too.

This is incorrect...Ford changed the allocation method between 2021 and 2022 model years. My particular dealer, SAC got nearly 90 Broncos for the 2021 model year which only ran a few months. For the entire 2022 model year I will be stunned if they get more than 50.

The only way this will be fix is if Ford uncouples their head out of their ass and revert back to the old system.
I dont think this is at all correct. Even order holder 801 in your hypothetical scenario could have been confident in 1Q21 that he/she would get their Bronco in a year.

1. In 1Q21, 1) no one knew their place in line at any dealership (though they could approximate it based on their place in the overall rez line) and 2) dealerships were still unaware of their monthly or even annual Bronco allocation, just that is was changing out of favor of small dealers and there was a new formula.
  2. In 1Q21 there was no global chip shortage and we were just hearing the rumblings of hard top issues. Since then, Ford has had a myriad of constrained part challenges. Their reaction to that screwed over a lot of early reservation holders.
  3. Ford was building cars and delivering relatively closely to rez number. Then, in short order stock Broncos started showing up at dealers and people walking in off the street to place an order were getting Broncos with fewer restricted parts.
  4. Then Ford restricted moving rez and orders several months ago.

The customer has been forced to react to Ford policy changes instead of being offered proactive alternatives to accommodate Ford's own changes.

The only instance where Ford has been proactive was when they announced in late Feb the closing of order banks in Mid March.

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Ford Motor Company

Why can't this poor soul get his third reservation wife's reservation switched to a different dealer?!?!

Sponsored

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You left out the part where, as soon as dealers found out the allocation formula favored more reservations for the initial allocations, that Granger ran the October special trying to pump up the reservations so that they could fill as many of the earlier ones that Ford had screwed with the allocation addition. They were clear there would be an extra wait for October folks, so they gave another $1000 off of invoice. More than half, per Granger, of all their orders came in that month, a lot of people did the math and liked the discount (and the honestly) for the extra few months of anticipated waiting. Fords allocation addition drove the special, which drove most of the final numbers to that dealer. Oh yeah, after they had such success with it, Ford changed the formula again to say that only orders taken before the end of September would count in the allocation formula for 2021MY. A direct swipe at Granger, take about being petty, but Ford decided to swat them and their customers an extra time for not picking one of Ford's preferred dealers instead of their own.

It is hard to fathom why you would claim that Ford specifically stated there would be "allocations" in the formula and then provide a quote where they, literally, did not use the word "allocations" or "formula"

The statement is more properly read in the totality of the other terms Ford set, namely that all reservations would be built before dealer stock and in approximate order. With those constraints, the statement about how many your dealer gets would quite properly be read as boilerplate for you are not all getting your Broncos in the first month or maybe even the half model year because we cannot make them all 2021's, no capacity or parts. For God's sake, read the first sentence you quoted. The timestamp is used to determine when your Bronco gets produced. You claiming that the ambiguous statement about how many your dealer gets a few sentences later supersedes that? That is ridiculous.

Yes, they were a thing at order time. Not sure why you are hanging your hat on that as I clearly wrote that there were no allocations during the initial reservation time, not that they were not when the order banks opened (although Ford still had not told a single final consumer of the change yet, just changed the terms and conditions, how many times do you think people go back to re-read terms and conditions after they are done checking out of a website because they are fearful they might have changed and that it will affect them?), and as previously noted it was over $4000 in my case and with Ford's promise of reservations being built before dealer stock was still in the terms that meant a maximum wait based only on capacity and commodities. Maybe a full extra six months of waiting for me vs another dealer and that would be a maximum.

See the last two sentences of my reply above; Allocations at that time (although Ford still did not tell anyone, just updated the terms and conditions after taking the money, which I still have trouble believing people are defending a company that took money for a reservation and then unilaterally changing the terms without sending direct notification to those affected.) An email that adds the words 'depending on how many your dealer gets..." is hardly notification, especially when coupled with the same 'reservations before dealer stock' statement.

There was a maximum downside that was, at least in my case, well worth the $750 a month in free money for each extra month of waiting.

The other complete killers of the reservation system were done later, when Ford changed the terms and conditions to only 2021 units would be built before dealer stock and the allocation formula was changed to not consider where reservations and associated orders were placed. That took place after ordering for 2022MY started and, as we all know... Ford won't let those orders be transferred. They are locked and were locked (even though Ford lied about them moving them if you wanted) before the final changes were made to the allocations. People knew the allocation formula might change, but nobody expected Ford to not consider reservations and orders already made. There was no reason to try finding another dealer and moving at re-order time.
Jesusā€¦ā€¦youā€™ve been busy. It doesnā€™t take a genius to understand when Ford says ā€œthe number of Bronco vehicles your dealership will receiveā€ IS allocation. That was my point. I didnā€™t say formula or allocation was in the quoteā€¦ā€¦the quotes were added for emphasis. Sometimes you have to read between the lines a little. Thatā€™s why I quoted the exact wording of Fords statement.

How about this oneā€¦ā€¦last bullet on bottom right.

Ford Bronco Ford says it will NOT ALLOW order transfers anymore 876E401F-6E78-41FB-8858-5EDC467E3DFC

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

@Drex @Compta38 @nwGTS

Peace yaā€™ll. We can debate this forever. It does none of us any good.

I hope you get scheduled soon, or find another avenue to get scheduled elsewhere soon at a reasonable price / no ADM.

Zach@Granger

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
grangerfordextendedwarranty.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
After 2 1/2 months of multiple phone conversations with Ford trying to move our order from Granger to a local dealer, I was informed today that Ford will NOT ALLOW the order transfer. ALL order holders at Granger, Stephens, etc must wait MANY YEARS to get their Broncos.

We were told we could move our orders to dealers that have allocation, but @Ford Motor Company has decided to not allow this. Many people, besides myself, have endured hours of waiting on hold over and over again to resolve this issue. What a fooKing waste of time! Based upon Granger's order list, my wife may receive her Bronco in 2026-2027. Any guesses about the price guarantee 4-5 years from now?
That's certainly disappointing. šŸ˜”

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The mob mentality on this forum is hilarious sometimes. Especially when someone cries about not getting their 3rd BroncošŸ˜‚. Internet sleuths are brutal šŸ˜‚
Sponsored