First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion, 1997 GMC 1500, 1965 Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hoping for some help from the hive mind on this one! I recently did the Forscan mods on my 2.7 Wildsquatch. After updating a few things I am now getting a "Charging System Service Soon" error. The things I changed are below:

Auto Start stop
Double Honk
Bambi mode for high beams(leave fog lights on when high beams are on)
Add Rock Crawler GOAT mode

First go I used the PSCM to set "start stop" to disabled. I read in other forums usually the start stop is the culprit.. I put that back to enabled and re-wrote and still getting the error. I've done both the PSCM and AWD re-learns after each change I make with no luck. I've also tried going into the PSCM AS BUILT and updating the actual code to 0039 & 0038 with no luck on either!

Anyone have any ideas how to get rid of the stupid error message on every start?

Ford Bronco Forscan Help - Charging System Service Soon Error 1680719926062
Sponsored

Last edited:

Mlarv

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco/ 2022 F150/ 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you have the engine running while doing this? It might just be the battery is low and needs to be charged.

OP
OP
TommyHawk

TommyHawk

Wildtrak
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Did you have the engine running while doing this? It might just be the battery is low and needs to be charged.

I did not. But, I have since driven it quite a bit and battery voltage is in the normal range so I don't think that is the issue. I thought the same thing originally but have still failed to get the message to go away.

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2007 FLHTC "Classic"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I had this very same issue after my first foray into ForScan. Checked the Battery and Alternator - since everything was working ok, I almost let it go. Gave in and brought it to my dealer, after 2 days of mucking with (their version of) ForScan and resetting almost all of my changes (they did leave the Rock Crawl enabled), they were able to remove the error message. I never got a clear indication of what they did. There are a ton of people on here that have had the same and all have been addressed in a few different ways. If you can't restore from a backup, you're going to have to take it in. Then when you get it back, just be selective about what changes you make and backup after each one. I can say that I was able to get rid of the Double Honk and set my Fog lights to always be on (DRL & Highbeams) and adjusted the chime (only once, not several times) after I got it back and the 'Charging System Service' error has not returned.

In the interim, I did get the hardwired ASS eliminator. I had a feeling changing that in ForScan was what started my issues.

OP
OP
TommyHawk

TommyHawk

Wildtrak
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I had this very same issue after my first foray into ForScan. Checked the Battery and Alternator - since everything was working ok, I almost let it go. Gave in and brought it to my dealer, after 2 days of mucking with (their version of) ForScan and resetting almost all of my changes (they did leave the Rock Crawl enabled), they were able to remove the error message. I never got a clear indication of what they did. There are a ton of people on here that have had the same and all have been addressed in a few different ways. If you can't restore from a backup, you're going to have to take it in. Then when you get it back, just be selective about what changes you make and backup after each one. I can say that I was able to get rid of the Double Honk and set my Fog lights to always be on (DRL & Highbeams) and adjusted the chime (only once, not several times) after I got it back and the 'Charging System Service' error has not returned.

In the interim, I did get the hardwired ASS eliminator. I had a feeling changing that in ForScan was what started my issues.

Thank you for the info! Idiot me didn't make an original backup since the tutorial I watched didn't mention doing that. I was afraid I was going to have to make a trip to the dealership to get it addressed. Did they charge you for labor to do it? Not a big deal in all honestly as long as they don't hit me with a crazy bill for trying to reset it.

Sponsored

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2007 FLHTC "Classic"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thank you for the info! Idiot me didn't make an original backup since the tutorial I watched didn't mention doing that. I was afraid I was going to have to make a trip to the dealership to get it addressed. Did they charge you for labor to do it? Not a big deal in all honestly as long as they don't hit me with a crazy bill for trying to reset it.
They don't have to know that you were in there with ForScan. Just say that it popped up. Mine was covered by Warrantee.

Saskwah

Big Bend
First Name
wess
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Had the same issue for the last 20,000 miles. Took it to dealer and they said they can not take the error code off unless I undo what I did with forscan. I told them no thanks, I'll deal with the error message

Spicygb

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco, 2013 Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Im having the same issue. Did the same mods in FORscan, now low battery. Interestingly I cleared the DTc and the message is gone but the battery light is on. Also I lost the parking brake light. Parking brake still functions as normal

Knives2.0

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4D BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Im having the same issue. Did the same mods in FORscan, now low battery. Interestingly I cleared the DTc and the message is gone but the battery light is on. Also I lost the parking brake light. Parking brake still functions as normal
I just did a bunch of forscan mods as well and also lost the parking light on the cluster with it still working, I went into IPC Module and the Electric Parking Brake was disabled, re-enabled and light is back on the dash and working
Sponsored