Sponsored

Has anyone been able to get a set of Hakkapeliittas this winter?

aeolian

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've been trying to buy a set of studless Nokian Hakkapeliitta LT3 winter tires in 285/70R17, but it seems none of the warehouses the tire shops around here use have them in stock.

Has anyone been able to find a source for these or know when they might be back in stock? Is there a different size I could use that might have better availability? (maybe go to 18s and use Blizzaks?)
Sponsored

PEGB

Badlands
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Eruption Green Badlands Sasquatch Hardtop 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We just got a set for my wife’s Subaru here in the Northeast. It was difficult to find a retailer though, and as a result had to pay full retail. I was disappointed to see that, I’ve owned multiple sets over the years and they’ve been amazing, but they must not be doing well in their distribution channels for whatever reason. Sadly it’s rarely the best product that wins, but the best marketed product.

SS Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Shayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco , F600, F5, LJ20
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We just got a set for my wife’s Subaru here in the Northeast. It was difficult to find a retailer though, and as a result had to pay full retail. I was disappointed to see that, I’ve owned multiple sets over the years and they’ve been amazing, but they must not be doing well in their distribution channels for whatever reason. Sadly it’s rarely the best product that wins, but the best marketed product.
Dang 285/70r17 on a Subaru, that’s a lot of cutting.

PEGB

Badlands
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Eruption Green Badlands Sasquatch Hardtop 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
lol. I was commenting on the lack of vendors for the brand in general. Believe me, before I bought the Bronco I was seriously considering turning her car in to a “Monster Boobaru”. It’s surprising how much aftermarket support they get.

Discount Tire

Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
discountti.re
Vehicle(s)
All Things FORD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I've been trying to buy a set of studless Nokian Hakkapeliitta LT3 winter tires in 285/70R17, but it seems none of the warehouses the tire shops around here use have them in stock.

Has anyone been able to find a source for these or know when they might be back in stock? Is there a different size I could use that might have better availability? (maybe go to 18s and use Blizzaks?)
Honestly, it's tough finding winter tires this late in the season. Once they're gone...they're gone. Most manufactures won't ramp up production now until next season. Just a helpful hint ...(having been in the stores for 30+ years...) Most retailers start stocking winter product in August/September. Take advantage of that early because they will go fast!

Sponsored
OP
OP

aeolian

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Honestly, it's tough finding winter tires this late in the season. Once they're gone...they're gone. Most manufactures won't ramp up production now until next season. Just a helpful hint ...(having been in the stores for 30+ years...) Most retailers start stocking winter product in August/September. Take advantage of that early because they will go fast!
Good tip, thank you.

I actually started looking for these tires in late September, but could only find the studded version. My guess is the supply constraints are probably because Nokian hasn't yet been able to ramp up production after exiting Russia (where they previously manufactured a significant portion of their tires).

zyglyrox

Base
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 BaseSAS / ‘21 Bronco Sport BB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Nokian has a lot of factories in Ukraine. As you can imagine it’s hard to get solid shipments.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Tennessee plant is up and running now ... not much help for this year, BUT, the new Outpost nAT is showing up here and there.
Nokian won't make a tire that doesn't do well in winter, so I'm on the hunt for the Outposts now.
Added bonus, won't need to deal with winter/summer set ups.

SkiSquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

SimpleTire had some for Sas - 315/70R17's

Sponsored

OrangecrushBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My son works in the tire industry and says these are the absolute best but are a specialty tire for those who know. They can be found but this late in the year good luck.

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I picked up a set of lightly used studded LT2's in 315/70r17 I'm on my 3rd winter with them all 4 showing better than 80% and fantastic traction half the year on ice/snow.

Eroc88

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I bought a set of studless 285 70r17 back in October from discount tire. I wanted 315 70r17 which were out of stock everywhere i looked. Ended up purchasing black diamond steelies running the studless 285. By far the best winter tire ive purchase next to Bizzaks. I will say these tires are hard to come by.

Mikerider

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, Ranger, Mustang, Focus, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They were not available when I went hunting for them in September. Ended up with another set of studded Duratracs, (which I like but not as good in snow/ice as the hakka)
Sponsored