First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
A 1/24 scale model of a 4 door that is? I am debating attempting it at home, but would consider having a body shop do it, if it were cheap enough. I am not a painter. I know my shortcomings, and painting anything is one of mine.
Sponsored

BroncoA512021

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Call a body shop and ask

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

They would charge their hourly rate. Prep work like scuffing/prepping the original paint and masking everything off could easily take an hour. Add the time to mix up the paint and apply it could be another hour. Figure the hourly rate is $100+ so......

If you disassemble it so they only have to deal with a bare body it would save some time and $$.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They would charge their hourly rate. Prep work like scuffing/prepping the original paint and masking everything off could easily take an hour. Add the time to mix up the paint and apply it could be another hour. Figure the hourly rate is $100+ so......

If you disassemble it so they only have to deal with a bare body it would save some time and $$.
This.
IF you bring a bare body and disassemble/reassemble yourself it will save labor $.
I've painted them before and the majority of the time is spent meticulously taking them apart, not losing any of the really small parts/screws. And some of those don't always want to come out easily with the delicate sized screwdrivers you need to do it with.
Materials-wise it's negligible on the clear coat, body color is one of those things where they would probably have to charge you for a half-pint, even though the 1:24 wouldn't take nearly that.
I'd be game to do it for you if you tell me what color.
I have most factory Bronco colors on-hand already.
Cost-wise if it is already disassembled would be minimal comparatively.
Being as you are a vet, I'd be willing to just do it for something enough to cover shipping costs and such.
Thank you for your service.
If you want me to do it, DM me and we can talk about color, whether I'd need to mask off and paint the MIC grey or body color, etc.

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A 1/24 scale model of a 4 door that is? I am debating attempting it at home, but would consider having a body shop do it, if it were cheap enough. I am not a painter. I know my shortcomings, and painting anything is one of mine.

Buy the factory matched color in aerosol from here and then find a hobbyist to do it for you much cheaper.

Ford Bronco Touch Up Paint | TouchUpDirect
Sponsored