Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Videos below.

I'll start by linking a ton of interior dimensions here - https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/lots-of-tape-measured-dimensions-4-door-bronco-chapman.15880/

Presence:
As many have said, this thing looks the business. I included a video of it next to the Bronco Sport, and it looks like a Mini Cooper next to the big Bronco sasquatch. Overall, very pleased. This seems to be uncontested, so I will move on

Materials/Build Quality:
My biggest negative/takeway - lack of a soft touch upper dash. It is hollow, knocks hollow, and the graining is obviously fake. I think I care more since I am getting roast, and to have this piece colored seems to draw attention to something that is really subpar. There are a lot of scratchy materials. The build quality is also not the best, but I am going to give Ford a partial waiver since this is a pre-production, however, presumably the materials are here to stay. I wasnt expecting super high end quality materials, but I would definitely put this at two steps below my Subaru Outback. If they offered some type of trim level that swapped out the hard plastics for soft touch, I would easily be on board, and would happily pay a pretty penny for it.

Interior Space:
See my dimensions link above. Overall, better than I thought. The interior feels like youre sitting in a mini tank, and I absolutely love it. The window sills are low enough that you could easily rest your arm. And the windows are huge perfectly veritcal slabs that really make the cabin unique, boxy, and roomier than the numbers imply. The doors are thin, and you definitely pick up some knee room up front. The rear seats are very upright, but okay when reclined. One thing I will note is that in the back, since you sit high, at 6 ft the side of my head felt stuck in the coffers, i.e. the side of my skull was inline with the rollbar and only a couple inches away. This is not a problem in the front since you sit lower. I dont care much, given kids will be in the back, but something to note....Comparing the dimensions to my outback, it looks like I lose about 2-3" of rear seat room. For example, with my Outback driver seat in its position, i have 13" of clearance to the seat cushion, and 31" of overall depth from seatback to seatback. In the Bronco, it was 10.5" and 28", respectively. I think I'd pick back up an inch on the OBX without the molle grid (and that actually factored into my decision to stay away from MGV). The rear seat is narrow, but there is extra clearance between the seat cushions and the door.

As for the front, at 6-0", 210, with a 32" inseam, it felt fairly roomier than I was thinking. I went into it with major doubts, but this does NOT feel like a Wrangler upfront.

Cargo Space:
Definitely ample for a road trip for a family of 4. I was pretty meticulous here with dimensions. I will absolutely be stacking up 25" to the rear seatback (4" above the beltline/windows), given the spare tire chews into the rearward visibility anyway. There is also 18" of rear floor space from the back of the front seat to the hinges beneath the rear seats. Optimal floor storage when you have young kids in car seats like I do. Theres a ton of space to put luggage, toy bags, snack bads, etc on the floor in the rear.

Random Takeaways:
-MGV looks cheap. There, I said it. Especially in the lighter BD grays where the heathered pattern is more obvious. It just looks gimmicky and overly manufactured, and a major step down from leather. While most vehicles dont have real leather, you know when the 'pleather' quality is really subpar and it's visibly cheap? Its like that, but one notch below. Glad I am getting leather (or in this case, pleather).
-Again, upper dash is not soft touch. My biggest gripe.
-The aluminum rimmed sasquatch wheels look SUPERB. This was a major factor in my OBX sas vs Wildtrak. I am so happy I decided to not get the blacked out version. This paired with AMB really pops in the sun. It's upscale and looks great.
-Antimatter Blue. It's a show stopper. Everyone was talking about it, and reps kept saying that people were changing their order. Antimatter blue, to me, is equally important in the looks department as the sasquatch package. In other words, I would be as equally upset if I had to switch away from AMB as if I had to switch away from the sasquatch package. And the pairing of the two is ungodly.
-The B&O system is incredible. I will leave it at that.

Overall, I am in love with the Bronco. But a lot of that is because the things that I really liked in person were part of my build, and the things I did not like in person were excluded from my build. It just confirmed everything, I guess. If there was one thing I ordered differently, I would have been upset. AMB paint, roast leather, silver dash, no MGV, no molle grids, no blacked out sasquatch wheels, (wildtrak) just everything came together and got me so excited. Of course, that's totally specific to my likings, and everyone has their own flavor.

Ford Bronco In Depth Review 4 door @ Chapman 4D851CAF-4678-4A50-98C9-2CA1B0993010

Ford Bronco In Depth Review 4 door @ Chapman 1D64AAD9-9639-4844-B253-BEC8DC061AC2

Ford Bronco In Depth Review 4 door @ Chapman AB091E2A-6EBC-42CD-A0D4-3F44A5608687

Ford Bronco In Depth Review 4 door @ Chapman 06EB60F8-908A-4DA6-8EEB-271899E3400C

Ford Bronco In Depth Review 4 door @ Chapman 4FABF214-E10C-4E0D-9FF9-E725A60E969C

Ford Bronco In Depth Review 4 door @ Chapman A53447D2-F96A-4E18-953B-64D3C78691D9

Ford Bronco In Depth Review 4 door @ Chapman 9F18F297-BFE3-41BD-A344-54D4755C8B6A

Ford Bronco In Depth Review 4 door @ Chapman 9A63AADA-E694-4DBD-AEB1-B8D2019F71BE

Ford Bronco In Depth Review 4 door @ Chapman CA03FA8C-FF1B-4500-905D-2654D11B0932

Ford Bronco In Depth Review 4 door @ Chapman BF6787E3-E3E5-4070-88B7-21D1AA1F5006

Ford Bronco In Depth Review 4 door @ Chapman E9956F8B-D745-4571-9AEE-8CF63056F4A1

Ford Bronco In Depth Review 4 door @ Chapman 58D0241F-7B10-4AA1-84EF-A0A4BD9B720F

Ford Bronco In Depth Review 4 door @ Chapman E76FF5CC-57B8-4066-8BC1-16AD981B9E00

Ford Bronco In Depth Review 4 door @ Chapman 87272A3E-BC29-4B8B-B6B2-8A674088AA6C
Sponsored

Last edited:

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You figure on touching the dash much? Lol

Yeah, disappointed yesterday here west of Chicago... They brought two leather interiors. Even the Ford dudes were sad with the upgraded BL... Leather and carpet..... Not what they wanted to show us.

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Nice when we’ve picked this thing apart for 9 months to feel a bit validate for our personal hype.

glad it’s gonna work for you despite all the cancel threads on here;)

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Random Takeaways:
-MGV looks cheap. There, I said it. Especially in the lighter BD grays where the heathered pattern is more obvious. It just looks gimmicky and overly manufactured, and a major step down from leather. While most vehicles dont have real leather, you know when the 'pleather' quality is really subpar and it's visibly cheap? Its like that, but one notch below. Glad I am getting leather (or in this case, pleather).
Here is another perspective on the MGV quality issue...

My wife is a shoemaker, she earned her bachelor's in industrial design, then studied traditional shoemaking at Cordwainers, London School of Fashion, about ten years ago. Only a decade ago while she was learning shoemaking, there weren't very many viable high-quality alternatives to animal-based leathers. Now, the selection is incredible, with most animal-based leathers far inferior to synthetic alternatives. "100% Genuine Leather" is still a very popular marketing tactic, but it's irrelevant now and the industry will perpetuate this myth for as long as they can (and they will probably get away with it for another decade or two), it means nothing.

Most of her shoes contain no animal products whatsoever. The microfibers in particular, which are closely related to what's being used now in automotive upholstery, are exceptional. The first few pairs she made me when we started dating were calf leather, which were incredible, but the last few pairs have been microfiber, textile and pineapple leather, and they've all been very comfortable, durable and look great.

Up until the pandemic started, she traveled to China and mainland Europe to source these materials as they were still a bit niche and hard to find. Now almost all of her suppliers have access to these materials. The ones she's most excited about are the apple and mushroom leathers which aren't produced in large quantities yet and are still being tested, but they are tanned the way animal hides are, so they should look and perform similarly. She had to refine her techniques and recalibrate her equipment to work with synthetic alternatives, and she may be able to revert back closer to her old techniques with these newer materials.

When the Bronco was announced I asked her about the MGV and she said that even if Ford was lazy and didn't do their research, it would be difficult to spec something bad these days, the market is now flooded with so many good options. Her parents bought a pontoon boat last summer for their lakehouse, and I assume the upholstery used on it is similar to MGV. It was not an expensive boat, maybe $20-25K, and the upholstery feels amazing, very soft, comfortable and durable. It's also off-white, and has held up well with no stains so far that I've seen.

Sorry, I didn't mean to write an essay on this, but I'm essentially my wife's business partner, so I've learned a lot about materials over the last ten years and I'm fascinated by them. We've deferred to order a MY22 Bronco (hoping for a good green color option and we want a manual with SAS), but MGV is one reason we're leaning towards the BD/BL trims. Very excited about it. We're hoping Ford will have an MGV-equipped vehicle on display at Super Celebration East, which we're making the long drive to later this month, so we can check it out in-person.

Last edited:
OP
OP
jaruss01

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Yeah, disappointed yesterday here west of Chicago... They brought two leather interiors. Even the Ford dudes were sad with the upgraded BL... Leather and carpet..... Not what they wanted to show us.
lol. Actually, i find myself cruising with my wrist on the top of the steering wheel, and tapping on the upper dash when listening to music. I caught myself doing that a few times on the way home from the event and thought - ugh, damnit.

Sponsored

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

lol. Actually, i find myself cruising with my wrist on the top of the steering wheel, and tapping on the upper dash when listening to music. I caught myself doing that a few times on the way home from the event and thought - ugh, damnit.
Watching those first videos was like attending an ASMR convention. :ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
jaruss01

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks for the write up. Looked like you really wanted to snap a piece of the dash off there....lol.
HAHA. I wasnt trying that hard. I just couldnt believe it, so I captured it for 6G. I came across a YouTuber a few months back that tests interior build quality across different brands. I used some of his techniques - scratching, put pressure to materials, etc. here - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCao8Sj4RBZScLJELWkpA-Hg

linbackr99

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor Crew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Great stuff. I actually DO want the blacked out accents and wheels so I went with the WT over the OBX but am in on the AMB! Was originally going with Velocity Blue (which I still think looks good) until I saw an AMB F150 on a lot in the sun - breathtaking! Not surprised about the plastic dash feeling - just hope it cleans up well in the beige color (the one and only thing I dislike about the WT - the beige leather and interior!) . . . and glad to hear it is roomier than expected (6-1, 190 here, 32" inseam as well) . . . Thank you for the insight - have my appointment for the one (and ONLY) Vermont showing later next month and hoping it is AMB 4dr Squatch!

Sponsored

TrailBuddah

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee, Two-Door Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The MGV seats seem to be a bit polarizing. Some folks are really impressed; others not so much. I really liked the MGV when I saw and felt it in person. You won’t be fooled into thinking it’s real leather, but it’s comfortable, and I thought it looked fine. It’s actually a little softer than the real leather in my Grand Cherokee. I intend to have my Bronco in the dirt pretty regularly, so hopefully the MGV will prove to be durable and easy to clean.

DeltaBravo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Delta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MIKES MOM
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks good. I might try to swap the grill out on my badland for the OBX

FlyingBronco

Badlands
First Name
The Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Videos below.

I'll start by linking a ton of interior dimensions here - https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/lots-of-tape-measured-dimensions-4-door-bronco-chapman.15880/

Presence:
As many have said, this thing looks the business. I included a video of it next to the Bronco Sport, and it looks like a Mini Cooper next to the big Bronco sasquatch. Overall, very pleased. This seems to be uncontested, so I will move on

Materials/Build Quality:
My biggest negative/takeway - lack of a soft touch upper dash. It is hollow, knocks hollow, and the graining is obviously fake. I think I care more since I am getting roast, and to have this piece colored seems to draw attention to something that is really subpar. There are a lot of scratchy materials. The build quality is also not the best, but I am going to give Ford a partial waiver since this is a pre-production, however, presumably the materials are here to stay. I wasnt expecting super high end quality materials, but I would definitely put this at two steps below my Subaru Outback. If they offered some type of trim level that swapped out the hard plastics for soft touch, I would easily be on board, and would happily pay a pretty penny for it.

Interior Space:
See my dimensions link above. Overall, better than I thought. The interior feels like youre sitting in a mini tank, and I absolutely love it. The window sills are low enough that you could easily rest your arm. And the windows are huge perfectly veritcal slabs that really make the cabin unique, boxy, and roomier than the numbers imply. The doors are thin, and you definitely pick up some knee room up front. The rear seats are very upright, but okay when reclined. One thing I will note is that in the back, since you sit high, at 6 ft the side of my head felt stuck in the coffers, i.e. the side of my skull was inline with the rollbar and only a couple inches away. This is not a problem in the front since you sit lower. I dont care much, given kids will be in the back, but something to note....Comparing the dimensions to my outback, it looks like I lose about 2-3" of rear seat room. For example, with my Outback driver seat in its position, i have 13" of clearance to the seat cushion, and 31" of overall depth from seatback to seatback. In the Bronco, it was 10.5" and 28", respectively. I think I'd pick back up an inch on the OBX without the molle grid (and that actually factored into my decision to stay away from MGV). The rear seat is narrow, but there is extra clearance between the seat cushions and the door.

As for the front, at 6-0", 210, with a 32" inseam, it felt fairly roomier than I was thinking. I went into it with major doubts, but this does NOT feel like a Wrangler upfront.

Cargo Space:
Definitely ample for a road trip for a family of 4. I was pretty meticulous here with dimensions. I will absolutely be stacking up 25" to the rear seatback (4" above the beltline/windows), given the spare tire chews into the rearward visibility anyway. There is also 18" of rear floor space from the back of the front seat to the hinges beneath the rear seats. Optimal floor storage when you have young kids in car seats like I do. Theres a ton of space to put luggage, toy bags, snack bads, etc on the floor in the rear.

Random Takeaways:
-Again, upper dash is not soft touch. My biggest gripe.
-The aluminum rimmed sasquatch wheels look SUPERB. This was a major factor in my OBX sas vs Wildtrak. I am so happy I decided to not get the blacked out version. This paired with AMB really pops in the sun. It's upscale and looks great.
-Antimatter Blue. It's a show stopper. Everyone was talking about it, and reps kept saying that people were changing their order. Antimatter blue, to me, is equally important in the looks department as the sasquatch package. In other words, I would be as equally upset if I had to switch away from AMB as if I had to switch away from the sasquatch package. And the pairing of the two is ungodly.
-The B&O system is incredible. I will leave it at that.

Overall, I am in love with the Bronco. But a lot of that is because the things that I really liked in person were part of my build, and the things I did not like in person were excluded from my build. It just confirmed everything, I guess. If there was one thing I ordered differently, I would have been upset. AMB paint, roast leather, silver dash, no MGV, no molle grids, no blacked out sasquatch wheels, (wildtrak) just everything came together and got me so excited. Of course, that's totally specific to my likings, and everyone has their own flavor.

4D851CAF-4678-4A50-98C9-2CA1B0993010.jpeg

1D64AAD9-9639-4844-B253-BEC8DC061AC2.jpeg

AB091E2A-6EBC-42CD-A0D4-3F44A5608687.jpeg

06EB60F8-908A-4DA6-8EEB-271899E3400C.jpeg

4FABF214-E10C-4E0D-9FF9-E725A60E969C.jpeg

A53447D2-F96A-4E18-953B-64D3C78691D9.jpeg

9F18F297-BFE3-41BD-A344-54D4755C8B6A.jpeg

9A63AADA-E694-4DBD-AEB1-B8D2019F71BE.jpeg

CA03FA8C-FF1B-4500-905D-2654D11B0932.jpeg

BF6787E3-E3E5-4070-88B7-21D1AA1F5006.jpeg

E9956F8B-D745-4571-9AEE-8CF63056F4A1.jpeg

58D0241F-7B10-4AA1-84EF-A0A4BD9B720F.jpeg

E76FF5CC-57B8-4066-8BC1-16AD981B9E00.jpeg

87272A3E-BC29-4B8B-B6B2-8A674088AA6C.jpeg
I'm a bit confused. With all the off-road goodies and tech this thing has, you seem to be expecting high end interior materials and finish, even though you state otherwise. Take another look at the price tag. It's one or the other. The engineers and off-road experts they consulted with were dead set on building a badass utility vehicle that is functional for the duty it was envisioned for. That means interior too, imagine hosing out a Defender, dash and all. Think of the Bronco as a next level side-by-side that can be fully enclosed or open air. I took a ride in the Badlands with MGV and high or lux package at Moab. The last thing we thought about was the lack of luxurious detail. This is all opinion of course, but I think the team did a great job at making it look modern, functional and hopefully able to stand up to years of wear n tear.

OP
OP
jaruss01

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm a bit confused. With all the off-road goodies and tech this thing has, you seem to be expecting high end interior materials and finish, even though you state otherwise. Take another look at the price tag. It's one or the other. The engineers and off-road experts they consulted with were dead set on building a badass utility vehicle that is functional for the duty it was envisioned for. That means interior too, imagine hosing out a Defender, dash and all. Think of the Bronco as a next level side-by-side that can be fully enclosed or open air. I took a ride in the Badlands with MGV and high or lux package at Moab. The last thing we thought about was the lack of luxurious detail. This is all opinion of course, but I think the team did a great job at making it look modern, functional and hopefully able to stand up to years of wear n tear.
I realize that. Although to a certain extent. I was expecting standard fare ford materials. Material quality throughout did not totally surprise me, at least for the the lower areas of the interior, or areas not frequently touched. However, the big exceptions were 1. the upper dash surround (not being soft touch), and 2. the padding on the upper doors. I thought those padded areas FOR SURE would be soft touch, particularly on higher trim levels. Like roast leather, when I saw the roast door padding my immediate thought was WOW, that looks outstanding. But the reality is it is hard hollow plastic.
Sponsored