First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 f150 screw
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I figure I'll be on here so I might as well post about the little build I have going if you can call it that right now. we took ownership of this thing a few weeks ago and immediately had a Zone 2" lift installed on it.

Ford Bronco Jeffiedeans Green Big Bend build PXL_20220424_133652060

For the wheels, I went with 18" Black Rhino Chambers with +12 offset. they are wrapped with some 35x12.5" Kenda Klevers and they ride pretty smooth all things considered. I've wanted to do about everything imaginable to this thing but an 11k down payment and new wheels/tires has about broke me for a good while. i bought some little straps that go above the rear doors that allow my girls to get in a little easier.
Ford Bronco Jeffiedeans Green Big Bend build PXL_20220504_194743185

So it was immediately too tall for my daughters and wife to get in and out of(it was basically too high before the lift). I then decided to order some Go Rhino DSS slider steps and installed them the same day we had our new wheels installed.
Ford Bronco Jeffiedeans Green Big Bend build PXL_20220504_220116960

its been a fun little ride. we've already put 2k miles on it so i figured i'd give a little review of sorts.

like i said before. we took delivery around the end of April. Literally the day we got it home we had our first little mishap. one of the gas struts on the soft top wasn't even installed. it was just dangling. took it back to the dealer and it was fixed pretty quickly. i started kind of looking this thing over and it appears that almost all of the interior hardware is finger tight. that seems really odd to me and has me questioning the rest of the truck. i went as far as testing the hardware outside around the mirrors. same deal, finger tight.

either way, we put about a thousand miles on it and we get these lights that pop up. check 4x4, service charging system soon, take to dealer. well the dealer basically says I'm SOL and we have to just deal with it for 2 more weeks until they have an open time to look at it. it hasn't really caused any issues other than those lights being so annoying and you cant reset them even by pulling the battery. so we are now a few days away from getting that looked at and i hope its a simple fix.

some things i should note about this thing..pros and cons...likes and dislikes.

this thing turns so many heads! everyone loves it, including us.
I love the modularity of it.
it's fairly roomy.
the tech is nice(most of it...funny that i also dislike a lot of it, see below) the newest car we've owned was a 2016 so the best we had before now was a backup camera and sync a phone for calls/mp3 player, etc. the stuff i like.. remote start from phone anywhere in the world, global windows, auto-lock/unlock. android auto, dual climate control.

my dislikes...there are actually quite a few and I hope ford is looking into these for the next-gen version of the bronco.

1. I have the 2.7 and this thing is SLOW. I have the 2.7 in my 2015 f150 and that thing is so much faster than this bronco despite having less power/torque and being 700 pounds heavier. you just really have to floor the pedal for this thing to go anywhere and even when it does, it's noticeably slower despite having more power than my f150. Praying for all you folks that are stuck with the 2.3. no way I could have dealt with that in this thing without putting a tuner on it immediately.

2. The handles you use to get in and out of this thing are basically useless. the locations honestly look really cool but they suck. I understand they are where they are because of the airbags but they simply don't work for anyone entering the bronco and if you have a lift you need something to help you get in and out. even while trailing I don't see how the passenger handle locations are anywhere near being comfortable. just sit over in the passenger seat yourself and see what you think about them. additionally, they are rather flimsy.

3. Steering feels a little weak. this really may not be a big deal but with 35's this thing feels like it struggles to turn. it really may not be struggling but same deal as the engine, it just feels weaker here just like with the engine.

4. I love tech but some of it is a little excessive. auto start and stop..I turned that off via forscan. the auto hi beams are annoying as well. I don't feel like I'm in control with some of this stuff and I don't like that feeling. I've always been partial to manual transmissions as I have more control of the vehicle and quite frankly if you drive a vehicle enough you can start to feel vibrations and things that are normal/abnormal.

5. GOAT Mode switch. this little dial is slow and annoying. in my truck, I can switch from regular to sport mode in about half a second with a simple click of a button. I'd really love to be able to do the same in this bronco. I very regularly switch between sport mode and regular while in traffic. it's nitpicky but just something I'd change if I could.

6. I am not a fan of the instrument cluster. I don't like how the rpm gauge and the gas gauge is a bar. I am sure I'll get used to it someday but I just don't like it. I'd really like some more flexibility here. a ford app that lets you adjust where and how different parameters would be a sick addition to these things.

i realize some of this may be really really picky but i just want to be honest about it.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Jeffiedean

Jeffiedean

Big Bend
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 f150 screw
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
last shot from Red Robin Parking lot today. hope to tint the front windows soon!
Ford Bronco Jeffiedeans Green Big Bend build PXL_20220520_214024845

OP
OP
Jeffiedean

Jeffiedean

Big Bend
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 f150 screw
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Small little tweak. Plastidip makes this so easy and looks great!
Ford Bronco Jeffiedeans Green Big Bend build PXL_20220521_185213946

RunNGunArk

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My guess on your 2.7 comparison of F150 to Bronco is affected by gearing.
I have 2.7 badlands sasquatch so its geared at 4.70.. i find it spunky coming from a 2021 Wrangler JLUR with 4.10's on the 3.6L. I suspect the gearing in the big bend with 35's will be a little sluggish, much like my previous 2015 Jeep Wrangler Sport with 35's. I find the 2.7 a blast to drive in mine...

OP
OP
Jeffiedean

Jeffiedean

Big Bend
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 f150 screw
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
My guess on your 2.7 comparison of F150 to Bronco is affected by gearing.
I have 2.7 badlands sasquatch so its geared at 4.70.. i find it spunky coming from a 2021 Wrangler JLUR with 4.10's on the 3.6L. I suspect the gearing in the big bend with 35's will be a little sluggish, much like my previous 2015 Jeep Wrangler Sport with 35's. I find the 2.7 a blast to drive in mine...
That's really the only explanation because it's very noticable. I just expected it to be as peppy as my truck even with the gearing difference since it's got more power. I still love it though. Very much wish I would have opted to wait it out on locking diffs though. I ended up having to wait an extra 3 months anyway due to chip shortage so opting for less to get it sooner was a bad move. All I really want is the rear locker at this point. Probably about 2k to get that sorted out so in due time.

Sponsored

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Must be me, but I never thought the “ handle” was for getting in and out. They are for the passenger to hold on to when four wheeling terrain. BTW, my 2.3 scoots along just fine. Enjoy your awesome rig.

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
And the winner goes to the steps. The design I’ve been looking for and a price that doesn’t feel excessive. Nice build.

Lucky13!

Outer Banks
First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I figure I'll be on here so I might as well post about the little build I have going if you can call it that right now. we took ownership of this thing a few weeks ago and immediately had a Zone 2" lift installed on it.

For the wheels, I went with 18" Black Rhino Chambers with +12 offset. they are wrapped with some 35x12.5" Kenda Klevers and they ride pretty smooth all things considered. I've wanted to do about everything imaginable to this thing but an 11k down payment and new wheels/tires has about broke me for a good while. i bought some little straps that go above the rear doors that allow my girls to get in a little easier.

So it was immediately too tall for my daughters and wife to get in and out of(it was basically too high before the lift). I then decided to order some Go Rhino DSS slider steps and installed them the same day we had our new wheels installed.

its been a fun little ride. we've already put 2k miles on it so i figured i'd give a little review of sorts.

like i said before. we took delivery around the end of April. Literally the day we got it home we had our first little mishap. one of the gas struts on the soft top wasn't even installed. it was just dangling. took it back to the dealer and it was fixed pretty quickly. i started kind of looking this thing over and it appears that almost all of the interior hardware is finger tight. that seems really odd to me and has me questioning the rest of the truck. i went as far as testing the hardware outside around the mirrors. same deal, finger tight.

either way, we put about a thousand miles on it and we get these lights that pop up. check 4x4, service charging system soon, take to dealer. well the dealer basically says I'm SOL and we have to just deal with it for 2 more weeks until they have an open time to look at it. it hasn't really caused any issues other than those lights being so annoying and you cant reset them even by pulling the battery. so we are now a few days away from getting that looked at and i hope its a simple fix.

some things i should note about this thing..pros and cons...likes and dislikes.

this thing turns so many heads! everyone loves it, including us.
I love the modularity of it.
it's fairly roomy.
the tech is nice(most of it...funny that i also dislike a lot of it, see below) the newest car we've owned was a 2016 so the best we had before now was a backup camera and sync a phone for calls/mp3 player, etc. the stuff i like.. remote start from phone anywhere in the world, global windows, auto-lock/unlock. android auto, dual climate control.

my dislikes...there are actually quite a few and I hope ford is looking into these for the next-gen version of the bronco.

1. I have the 2.7 and this thing is SLOW. I have the 2.7 in my 2015 f150 and that thing is so much faster than this bronco despite having less power/torque and being 700 pounds heavier. you just really have to floor the pedal for this thing to go anywhere and even when it does, it's noticeably slower despite having more power than my f150. Praying for all you folks that are stuck with the 2.3. no way I could have dealt with that in this thing without putting a tuner on it immediately.

2. The handles you use to get in and out of this thing are basically useless. the locations honestly look really cool but they suck. I understand they are where they are because of the airbags but they simply don't work for anyone entering the bronco and if you have a lift you need something to help you get in and out. even while trailing I don't see how the passenger handle locations are anywhere near being comfortable. just sit over in the passenger seat yourself and see what you think about them. additionally, they are rather flimsy.

3. Steering feels a little weak. this really may not be a big deal but with 35's this thing feels like it struggles to turn. it really may not be struggling but same deal as the engine, it just feels weaker here just like with the engine.

4. I love tech but some of it is a little excessive. auto start and stop..I turned that off via forscan. the auto hi beams are annoying as well. I don't feel like I'm in control with some of this stuff and I don't like that feeling. I've always been partial to manual transmissions as I have more control of the vehicle and quite frankly if you drive a vehicle enough you can start to feel vibrations and things that are normal/abnormal.

5. GOAT Mode switch. this little dial is slow and annoying. in my truck, I can switch from regular to sport mode in about half a second with a simple click of a button. I'd really love to be able to do the same in this bronco. I very regularly switch between sport mode and regular while in traffic. it's nitpicky but just something I'd change if I could.

6. I am not a fan of the instrument cluster. I don't like how the rpm gauge and the gas gauge is a bar. I am sure I'll get used to it someday but I just don't like it. I'd really like some more flexibility here. a ford app that lets you adjust where and how different parameters would be a sick addition to these things.

i realize some of this may be really really picky but i just want to be honest about it.
Nice Ride! Considering some Black Rhino's at +12, any chance you have a poke pic you could share. From the Pic's above looks about perfect. Thanks

OP
OP
Jeffiedean

Jeffiedean

Big Bend
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 f150 screw
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Nice Ride! Considering some Black Rhino's at +12, any chance you have a poke pic you could share. From the Pic's above looks about perfect. Thanks
Ford Bronco Jeffiedeans Green Big Bend build PXL_20220606_141242301

Sponsored
OP
OP
Jeffiedean

Jeffiedean

Big Bend
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 f150 screw
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When ordering the wife's Big Bend I opted for the 2.3L, Auto and the 4.27 locking rear diff. It feels plenty peppy to me, but that's comparing it to my old Toyota 4Runner with a carbureted 22R. Hearing about your power complaint with the 2.7L makes me happy I got the gears. Yours are the stock 3.73's with no rear locker?

OP
OP
Jeffiedean

Jeffiedean

Big Bend
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 f150 screw
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
When ordering the wife's Big Bend I opted for the 2.3L, Auto and the 4.27 locking rear diff. It feels plenty peppy to me, but that's comparing it to my old Toyota 4Runner with a carbureted 22R. Hearing about your power complaint with the 2.7L makes me happy I got the gears. Yours are the stock 3.73's with no rear locker?
That's correct but the gearing isn't going to make that big of a difference in my opinion. The biggest thing I can think of at the moment is the power difference between 87 octane and 93 octane. Ultimately it's all relative. It's way faster than our rogue but it's still slow. It doesn't have to be fast but like I said, just a little let down. My f150 has longer gears and still much quicker. Probably has something to do with the trans as well. Lots of varying factors but we do a lot of interstate driving so the longer gears are preferred for us other than not having lockers. I'll fix that within the year though 😜

AMTRV

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands 4dr, 22 6.7L Tremor, 1940 Ford Cpe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wrong….the gearing does make a huge difference. You are way under geared if you’re expecting a sporty feel. Mileage will also suffer.

Last edited:

AMTRV

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands 4dr, 22 6.7L Tremor, 1940 Ford Cpe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No room to complain about lack of power with your setup.
Sponsored