First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler (YJ) Subaru legacy KTM 690 Enduro R
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Putting in an order next month and was thinking of OBX with high package and leather option. Was also planning on going soft top for easy open air and faster production. Is leather a bad idea with leather? Should I go BL/BD for MGV for soft top?
Sponsored

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you think you're likely to get the seats wet, yeah you should probably get MGV.

There are far bigger things to worry about if it rains on your open top, from what I've read on here (faulty electrics, etc)

BWepps

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ford Bronco Leather seats in a Soft Top? Bronco Open

I have the soft top with Leather. It's actually a Leather/Vinyl mix. Not too worried about it, but don't necessarily want to get caught in a dumping of rain either.

Losy

Raptor
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 1 Raptor, GL63, S7
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I am am impressed with the leather used on the seats.
I am using he power adjust a lot. On the Bronco i tend to change my seating position often depending on my driving style.

NJRoadkill

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands 2.3l Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do you plan to off-road, camp, or go to the beach regularly?
if yes, then get a BL with/ MGV and rubber floors.

(Adding leather to the badlands takes away the rubber floors and adds carpet. FYI)

if you want leather later you can get more options and better pricing then OE from katskinz.(they’re the sub making the OE leather anyway) and add heated and cooled.

plesae do some research to verify, but the Lux pkg doesn’t really have enough meat in it for the price. The additional features create additional cost if you plan to do anything aftermarket. From what I’ve read the ACC relocation is hit or miss at best. Additionally, there are post and videos about the heated steering wheel not working all that well, and the wireless charging pad just heats up your phone and shutting it down.

Don’t really comment too often on other peoples builds. We all have different boxes to check.

Sponsored

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Every Mustang GT Convertible sold in the past 10 years or so has come with leather.

Only problem is it's hot as balls.

OP
OP
GrayEagleRider

GrayEagleRider

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I am am impressed with the leather used on the seats.
I am using he power adjust a lot. On the Bronco i tend to change my seating position often depending on my driving style.
The power adjust to me is almost as important as the leather. I keep adjusting the seat on long rides. Thanks for follow up.

OP
OP
GrayEagleRider

GrayEagleRider

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Every Mustang GT Convertible sold in the past 10 years or so has come with leather.

Good point.

OP
OP
GrayEagleRider

GrayEagleRider

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Do you plan to off-road, camp, or go to the beach regularly?
if yes, then get a BL with/ MGV and rubber floors.

(Adding leather to the badlands takes away the rubber floors and adds carpet. FYI)

if you want leather later you can get more options and better pricing then OE from katskinz.(they’re the sub making the OE leather anyway) and add heated and cooled.

plesae do some research to verify, but the Lux pkg doesn’t really have enough meat in it for the price. The additional features create additional cost if you plan to do anything aftermarket. From what I’ve read the ACC relocation is hit or miss at best. Additionally, there are post and videos about the heated steering wheel not working all that well, and the wireless charging pad just heats up your phone and shutting it down.

Don’t really comment too often on other peoples builds. We all have different boxes to check.
Trips to ocean city MD would be fairly frequent and maybe some camping but not enough to make the MGV and wash out floors a must have.

Not planning to get the LUX package, just high with leather or MGV.

Dayton1984

Wildtrak
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Acura RDX
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Leather hotter than MGV?

Sponsored

contented

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2 Competition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The power adjust to me is almost as important as the leather.
This. My wife and I use very different seat positions. It is a giant PITA to manually readjust every time I get into the car after her.

Laurensimms7

Outer Banks
First Name
Lauren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Fusion Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
OVX doesn’t have MGV as an option from my memory? Its just cloth or leather

edit: just saw you would switch trims for the MGV- I think go OBX/Leather. Unless you are using the vehicle primarily to wheel and get the interior dirty often, I dont think its worth that huge price increase.

Seatmandan

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, '11 Ford Edge, '10 Ford Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Putting in an order next month and was thinking of OBX with high package and leather option. Was also planning on going soft top for easy open air and faster production. Is leather a bad idea with leather? Should I go BL/BD for MGV for soft top?
No worries with leather/soft top. only about 1/4 of the seat covers on the cushion, back and headrest is actual leather.

RiskyB

Wildtrak
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 4X4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have a WT, LUX with leather and soft top. We have been caught a couple times with the top back or down and run into some rain, it literally takes 30 seconds to pull over and flip the top forward and closed, a quick wipe of the seats and all done, no worries. Good luck on your selection and build.

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have a WT, LUX with leather and soft top. We have been caught a couple times with the top back or down and run into some rain, it literally takes 30 seconds to pull over and flip the top forward and closed, a quick wipe of the seats and all done, no worries. Good luck on your selection and build.
This exactly. We have a OBX/Lux/leather and it’s super easy to flip the top up. We had the doors off for more than a month straight recently and the interior got briefly rained on a few times along with lots of condensation on the seats a handful of times. It wipes up easily and still looks like new.
Sponsored