First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just checked with a coworker whose son is an engineering manager at Milwaukee. He says it will only affect the output with regards to run time meaning the output or flow rate will stay higher longer with a 12.0 vs. a 5.0.
Got it. Thanks for the very helpful follow up!
Sponsored

Rcwflyer

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F-350, Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hello,
Another option. Also at HD. For those of us with tons of yellow brand batteries around.
Ford Bronco Milwaukee M18 Air Compressor Sale IMG_3400

thewodg

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hello,
Another option. Also at HD. For those of us with tons of yellow brand batteries around.
Ford Bronco Milwaukee M18 Air Compressor Sale IMG_3400
Thanks, I have the corded version of this device, which works great on my sedan, but is painfully slow reinflating the stock sasquatch tires.

If the m18 is the same speed as the corded Dewalt, I might reevaluate the whole idea.

NiceBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m a Milwaukee guy and wanted their air compressor.

I ended up putting a Co2 tank together.

OP
OP
mikeeshim

mikeeshim

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MBZ E350, supposed daily driver
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Thanks, I have the corded version of this device, which works great on my sedan, but is painfully slow reinflating the stock sasquatch tires.

If the m18 is the same speed as the corded Dewalt, I might reevaluate the whole idea.
Here's a good video of comparing cordless inflators, and these are the results:
Ford Bronco Milwaukee M18 Air Compressor Sale 1704727607544

Sponsored

thewodg

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here's a good video of comparing cordless inflators, and these are the results:
Ford Bronco Milwaukee M18 Air Compressor Sale 1704727607544
Thanks! This is good info that gives me comfort.

I only plan to offroad a handful of times a year (and primarily at a location that has public pumps, so this would be a backup) and the rest of the time I would just be topping off tires, so I think the M18 is likely good enough for my use case.

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have this and it works very well. I use it for all my vehicles. Another piece I just purchased is the

Airmoto Tire Inflator Portable Air Compressor/Pump for Car Tires w/Digital Tire Pressure Gauge - Air Compressor (120 PSI) - Motorcycle, Electric Bike Pump and Bicycle Pump w/LED Light
It was on Amazon, I should get it today. I have seen and heard a lot about this. Sorry for no link, but it's easily searchable on Amazon. I am interested in how this mini portable performs as well.

OP
OP
mikeeshim

mikeeshim

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Thanks! This is good info that gives me comfort.

I only plan to offroad a handful of times a year (and primarily at a location that has public pumps, so this would be a backup) and the rest of the time I would just be topping off tires, so I think the M18 is likely good enough for my use case.
I actually went from a dual compressor set up to this because it's just so much easier to use, and I can move the compressor between vehicles. I also like that I can pre-set the PSI and just walk away from it instead of watching the gauges. And the fact it's cordless is pretty cool, I use it for my Bonflag couch, the Waterport tank, and my air mattress without having to be next to the car.

thewodg

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I actually went from a dual compressor set up to this because it's just so much easier to use, and I can move the compressor between vehicles. I also like that I can pre-set the PSI and just walk away from it instead of watching the gauges. And the fact it's cordless is pretty cool, I use it for my Bonflag couch, the Waterport tank, and my air mattress without having to be next to the car.
I have this and it works very well. I use it for all my vehicles. Another piece I just purchased is the

Airmoto Tire Inflator Portable Air Compressor/Pump for Car Tires w/Digital Tire Pressure Gauge - Air Compressor (120 PSI) - Motorcycle, Electric Bike Pump and Bicycle Pump w/LED Light
It was on Amazon, I should get it today. I have seen and heard a lot about this. Sorry for no link, but it's easily searchable on Amazon. I am interested in how this mini portable performs as well.
Thank you both for the first-hand impressions. I'm comfortable enough to go with the m18 at this point. Appreciate it!

AZMikeL

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 4dr, 2016 BMW 435i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This deal still appears to be available elsewhere online.

Before I pull the trigger, I'm wondering if a High Output (HO) battery would increase the speed/output of the inflator? I'm a bit worried about how long it will take to air up the squatch 35s from 11-39 psi.
Went out last week. Aired up from 18 - 36 in 20 minutes total - from the time I grabbed the bag out of the back until I put it back. A bout 1/2 the time it took with my now retired 17 year old battery clip compressor. I have the standard batteries that came with the deal - used 1/2 of 1 battery capacity to get it done. So with the 2 standard batteries, that's 4 air ups before needing a charge.

Sponsored

thewodg

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Went out last week. Aired up from 18 - 36 in 20 minutes total - from the time I grabbed the bag out of the back until I put it back. A bout 1/2 the time it took with my now retired 17 year old battery clip compressor. I have the standard batteries that came with the deal - used 1/2 of 1 battery capacity to get it done. So with the 2 standard batteries, that's 4 air ups before needing a charge.
Wow - that's good performance and I appreciate the real world figures.

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

OP
OP
mikeeshim

mikeeshim

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

thewodg

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
To close the loop, I purchased the Milwaukee M18 inflator and it's great.

I just did a time trial with an XC5.0 battery, and it aired up a stock sasquatch tire from 11 psi (the mandatory number on Cape Cod National Seashore) to 35 psi in slightly under 4 minutes, for an estimated total of approximately 15 minutes for 4 tires. I can handle that and then top off to 39 (if necessary) when I'm back in the shade.

One note, the sensor consistently shows 2 psi less than the actual value, so I just increased by 2 psi my presets.

Thanks to everyone who provided helpful input in this thread!

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

To close the loop, I purchased the Milwaukee M18 inflator and it's great.

I just did a time trial with an XC5.0 battery, and it aired up a stock sasquatch tire from 11 psi (the mandatory number on Cape Cod National Seashore) to 35 psi in slightly under 4 minutes, for an estimated total of approximately 15 minutes for 4 tires. I can handle that and then top off to 39 (if necessary) when I'm back in the shade.

One note, the sensor consistently shows 2 psi less than the actual value, so I just increased by 2 psi my presets.

Thanks to everyone who provided helpful input in this thread!
Yup, it's a winner for sure. Especially with two vehicles.
Sponsored