First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I took delivery of a 2022 OB back in June. I love it and haven’t had any issues until two days ago.

I had used the key fob to roll down all the windows before leaving. I jumped in and then used the switches to roll them all back up. Unfortunately, the rear passenger window hit the top of the door frame and rolled back down — but not completely. There was maybe an inch or so of the window still up.

I tried rolling it up a few times and it kept doing it. Eventually it stopped rolling itself back down and can completely close but I have to hold the switch for it to work. Flicking it doesn’t auto roll up or down anymore.

The key fob also no longer works to roll down any of the windows when holding the unlock button. Other than that, the 3 other windows work fine.

Any ideas? I really don’t want to have to take this to a dealership and miss working. The one closest to my home is the shady one that had a $30k markup and they all just seemed like jackasses, so I don’t want them anywhere near my vehicle. TIA.
Sponsored

dragon6172

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
And then.....?

Edit....first time I opened this only your first sentence was there.

Not sure if it would help, but there should be some sort of calibration you can do with the windows, it's in the owners manual

Last edited:

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I took delivery of a 2022 OB back in June. I love it and haven’t had any issues until two days ago.

I had used the key fob to roll down all the windows before leaving. I jumped in and then used the switches to roll them all back up. Unfortunately, the rear passenger window hit the top of the door frame and rolled back down — but not completely. There was maybe an inch or so of the window still up.

I tried rolling it up a few times and it kept doing it. Eventually it stopped rolling itself back down and can completely close but I have to hold the switch for it to work. Flicking it doesn’t auto roll up or down anymore.

The key fob also no longer works to roll down any of the windows when holding the unlock button. Other than that, the 3 other windows work fine.

Any ideas? I really don’t want to have to take this to a dealership and miss working. The one closest to my home is the shady one that had a $30k markup and they all just seemed like jackasses, so I don’t want them anywhere near my vehicle. TIA.
Hello! I would like to take a look into your window concern. Can you send over a DM with your VIN and Ford Dealer info? Thanks!

SwampCactus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 Door Cactus Grey Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a similar issue with the drivers side rear window. It like doesn't "seat" correctly. Then I roll it down and back up and it's fine.

Last edited:

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
there is a window relearn you do. Search this site and you will find it. Same thing happened to me and relearn solved it.

Sponsored

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

For the not working issue you have to hit the button let go then hold on the second click. Then they should go down.
If you use forscan you can enable the up function as well. But it rarely works well one windows always gets hung up and you to do it again.

Bronco4Me/Miami

Outer Banks
First Name
Alexander
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Bronco4Me/Miami

Outer Banks
First Name
Alexander
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I also have that problem on my OB, 2.7 4door with 1500 miles and every time I try to raise my window, as soon as it reaches the top it slides right back down. super annoying.

West1

Base
First Name
DM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base with OBX wheels
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I also have that problem on my OB, 2.7 4door with 1500 miles and every time I try to raise my window, as soon as it reaches the top it slides right back down. super annoying.
Same issue, did you find a fix?

Bronco4Me/Miami

Outer Banks
First Name
Alexander
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yes I did but not sure how, I followed the earlier threads about pressing down then up twice or what ever it said and then I just kept playing with it on the door and then in the back and it works fine now.

Sponsored

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Yeah i still have a window that will stop 3/4 way up . Usually when I am pressing for 2 windows to come up I think. I thought it had to do with opening door during coming up but its not. Happens with doors closed too. Whatever. Prolly a software issue. Thats what happens when everything is run by computer I guess.

TheRealLizG

Badlands
First Name
Lizeth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a similar issue with the drivers side rear passenger window. It like doesn't "seat" correctly. Then I roll it down and back up and it's fine.
Same. Just discovered the issue with my bronco today. Sadly I blamed my
5 yr old for messing with window or not closing door all the way. I coupd
Hear the wind loudly on hey. Had to pull over and check the door. Door was fine. Back in the road and still the loud wind. Got home and realized when rear driver side door is opened window drops slightly and is supposed to go back up after door is closed but it’s failing to close properly and leaves a good size gap on the side. Bugs and rain would surely get in. Need to take to dealer but curious how long the wait for that will be. Does seems to be booked for a lot of things. Tried to take my truck there to install the drop down tailgate table and two dealers (the one I bought the bronco from and the nearest dealer to me) had a crazy waitlist. That’s a whole other issue. So has your issue been fixed yet??

SwampCactus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 Door Cactus Grey Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Same. Just discovered the issue with my bronco today. Sadly I blamed my
5 yr old for messing with window or not closing door all the way. I coupd
Hear the wind loudly on hey. Had to pull over and check the door. Door was fine. Back in the road and still the loud wind. Got home and realized when rear driver side door is opened window drops slightly and is supposed to go back up after door is closed but it’s failing to close properly and leaves a good size gap on the side. Bugs and rain would surely get in. Need to take to dealer but curious how long the wait for that will be. Does seems to be booked for a lot of things. Tried to take my truck there to install the drop down tailgate table and two dealers (the one I bought the bronco from and the nearest dealer to me) had a crazy waitlist. That’s a whole other issue. So has your issue been fixed yet??

Not yet, waiting to schedule my first oil change and will have them do it then.

Itchysquatch

Badlands
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 4runner, 2014 E class
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a similar issue with the drivers side rear passenger window. It like doesn't "seat" correctly. Then I roll it down and back up and it's fine.
I’ve had that happen a few times on mine as well. I may try and re calibrate if it happens again.

OutOfOffice

Outer Banks
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X1
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I had similar window issues and took mine into the dealer for service. The most recent issue, rear driver side window, they replaced the weather stripping and are now waiting for a new window motor. I honestly don’t think they even know how to fix it. IMO, I’m concerned about the long-term quality of the windows given the frameless build. You’ll see more and more folks posting about this as they settle into their Bronco. I hope they figure out how to improve them!
Sponsored