Sponsored

Ford will add 4 all-new SUVs to lineup in next few years... Bronco possible

frankco2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
So any guesses which 4 new SUV's in which new segments?

That wording so specific that it means it doesn't include any new versions of the Escape or Explorer that will probably be released between now and 2020 and wouldn't include any existing vehicles that may get renamed.
It really tough as Ford has a good variety of SUVs currently in the market but I'll put in my guess here.

1. Bronco
2. Freestyle
3. Excursion
4. Completely new name

They will bring back those three name + new one in 2020 or sooner.
Sponsored

Ocelot

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Good question... I think for the 4 SUV's and 4 segments we could see:

>> a small crossover SUV like the Chevy Trax. The EcoSport is a subcompact crossover (not in the US but globally) so a compact one could be thrown into the mix.
>> hybrid crossover SUV aimed at the Prius V
>> 2 offroad vehicles to rival Jeep. Ranger and Bronco. The Ranger could be more of a brawny lifestyle SUV with some offroad abilities to take on the Chevy Colorado and Toyota Tacoma.

The Bronco would be the true rugged off roader with little comfort amenities to take on the Wrangler directly. I know some people think it'll be more like a NA Ford Everest but I think the Bronco will be more rugged given that the Ranger will be made also.

FL Trucker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 Raptor, Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It really tough as Ford has a good variety of SUVs currently in the market but I'll put in my guess here.

1. Bronco
2. Freestyle
3. Excursion
4. Completely new name

They will bring back those three name + new one in 2020 or sooner.
Two of the 4 models will definitely be a subcompact CUV and a true off road car since Ford doesn't compete in these spaces. Those will be filled by an EcoSport and of course the Bronco. 3rd model will be the Lincoln Aviator which will replace the MKT. Not sure what 4th will be :)
Sponsored