Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This made sense. I suspect this quote is why I give/gave Ford some leeway, and didn't skewer them as others have some.

"Few things in this business annoy me like a company that seems to be coasting."

The Ford Explorer, F150, Chevy with the Silverado and the Blazer (if we can call it that), and Jeep...just to name a few, all seem to be pumping out the same shit year after year. Then, in 2020, Ford steps up to the plate.

Ford, with the Bronco, then the Lighting, and even the Maverick has upended things. The Bronco is a massive swing at something bold, amazing, innovating, troublesome, risky etc...but they did it.

They haven't perfected the roll out, but they will, and I love the balls they are showing in going big. They aren't chilling on the sidelines, they came to play, and I like that.

Morganstein

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I mean, this is essentially the opposite train of thought as to why I love my Bronco as much as I do. I loved my Wranglers over the years and this is just that but marginally better in some areas and significantly better in others.

DwnSth

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2013 F150, 2014 GC, 2002 TJ,
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Weird review! Observations are correct but the fact that the Wrangler annoys him kinda makes him the wrong reviewer for this vehicle.

Sponsored

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Two months in my 4Dr OBX and I just told the wife driving to lunch today that I couldnt imagine being happier in any other vehicle. Home run Ford!

jbellousux

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘13 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
R&T has long thought of itself as the most high-brow of the US car mags. The author opening up by stating his dislike of the Wrangler is not surprising. Much more surprising was his positive thoughts on the Bronco and reconsideration of the Wrangler.

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

After one month in my 2-door BD, I can't imagine driving anything else. Its awesome!
This. I thoroughly enjoy my 2DR BD as well.

Anytime throughout the last 18 months, I could have purchased a boring, stock, production vehicle that would be sufficient, and I am glad I didn't. I think others will be happy they stayed the course as well.

Rubicon 2 Badlands

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKU Rubicon / 2021 Bronco: Badlands/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I totally get it. I love my Rubicon, but hate it at the same time. How can something that is so absolutely great at something (off road) be so bad at something else (on road).... not to mention the maintenance expenses. I have taken good care of it, but MOPAR just doesn't make good engines IMHO. I have always told people that my Jeep and I are dysfunctional and are in a love/hate relationship. :ROFLMAO:

Sponsored

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I totally get it. I love my Rubicon, but hate it at the same time. ...
A few of those negatives are what kept me out of a Wrangler for a long time. Bronco isn't perfect either, but I think I can tolerate its limitations and negatives more easily.

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I understand this article too. My wife has a 4Xe Rubicon JLU, and while I would say it is comfortable enough for around town driving and has its perks, its not a pleasure to drive on the highway. The noise and steering make it a chore to drive long distance. I hope the Bronco does better for steering, but I am not sure about the noise part(it might even be worse). Luckily, we don't really drive on the highway often, so I think we are fine either way.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Weird review! Observations are correct but the fact that the Wrangler annoys him kinda makes him the wrong reviewer for this vehicle.
He represents a lot of people though, and those are customers Ford would love to capture.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Stealing buyers from Wrangler is one of Ford's main objectives, this reviewer seems like a spot on choice for the large demographic that likes the idea of, but not the reality of, the competition.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

For those worried about the Bronco handling on the highway, don’t be. It drives so straight it is constantly warning me to keep my hands on the steering wheel. I literally have to wiggle the steering wheel unnecessarily to quiet the nanny.
My love/hate relationship with the Bronco is all quality and fit finish.
Sponsored