TheWoo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes, but the Bronco will have better road manners than the Wrangler.
That's pretty much exactly what the reviewer said. The better road manners are what takes the Bronco to an entirely different level. I loved his quote that it removes the limitations the Wrangler makes many feel (myself included).
Weird review! Observations are correct but the fact that the Wrangler annoys him kinda makes him the wrong reviewer for this vehicle.
I think it makes him perfect. A guy who "didn't get" the love of the Wrangler gets in the Bronco, loves a lot about it, and it changes his perspective. That's pretty powerful.
Much more surprising was his positive thoughts on the Bronco and reconsideration of the Wrangler.
Agreed - and it says something about the Bronco experience. As I mentioned above - I love the quote about how the Bronco removes limitations. While my JT Mojave is a huge improvement in road manners over the JL and definitely the JK, it's still limited. Before a long highway trip, I'm always prepared for the constant "work" driving a Jeep can be. I'm very much hoping that goes away with my Bronco - it's one of the reasons I'm so excited about it.
I totally get it. I love my Rubicon, but hate it at the same time. How can something that is so absolutely great at something (off road) be so bad at something else (on road).... not to mention the maintenance expenses. I have taken good care of it, but MOPAR just doesn't make good engines IMHO. I have always told people that my Jeep and I are dysfunctional and are in a love/hate relationship. :ROFLMAO:
Amen. Agree on everything. A Wrangler (and a Gladiator) are great vehicles in many ways, but make some significant compromises. I'm looking forward to fewer compromises that matter to me in the Bronco...
Sponsored

Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrack 2DR MIC OW, 2014 KTM RC8R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I took my 2 door Wildtrak to SF for thanksgiving. It drove like a dream. Even at 90mph, it tracked straight, no drift, you could let go of the wheel and it just wants to go straight. What it doesn't do great is stop fast. Haha.

Bradnewt

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The worst part about owning a Wrangler to me was driving on the freeway. Running flat out to reach the 75mph speed limit and slowing traffic down anytime going uphill because it just couldn't keep up. Having to constantly downshift to maintain speed. Taking a trip in my Jeep was a work out and no fun. Driving down a two lane highway was a totally different story. I am confident that the Bronco will be worlds better on the freeway, especially with an auto trans. I am looking forward to taking a long trip in my Bronco as soon as it arrives. ( hopefully before Christmas)

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Weird review! Observations are correct but the fact that the Wrangler annoys him kinda makes him the wrong reviewer for this vehicle.
Why does that make him the wrong reviewer? The Wrangler annoys me but I am very happy with my Bronco(even though there are some things that they did that make no sense).

Bullitt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2001 Bullitt Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This:

"These vehicles aren’t just about the capabilities, they’re about knowing that you won’t be limited by the vehicle. That your rig is an enabler of adventure, never the limiting factor."

A huge reason why I went with the Bronco. I'm in Colorado and I'm up in the mountains often, running trails, fishing and camping. I've been limited in the past by my vehicle...but no more when I get my Bronco (being built the week of 10 Jan)

I've turned around so many times on so many different roads...just the thought of the Bronco enabling my adventures in the mountains is so freaking exciting! This is a lifestyle vehicle for me...and I'll enjoy it to the fullest. Stay tuned!

Sponsored

trenttrizzy

Big Bend
First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I totally get it. I love my Rubicon, but hate it at the same time. How can something that is so absolutely great at something (off road) be so bad at something else (on road).... not to mention the maintenance expenses. I have taken good care of it, but MOPAR just doesn't make good engines IMHO. I have always told people that my Jeep and I are dysfunctional and are in a love/hate relationship. :ROFLMAO:
THIS!!!
I'm on my second Jeep (waiting for my Bronco!) and when I heard that Ford was making a vehicle with the chance of having a better engine and more importantly a better front suspension setup (fucking death wobble costed me over 1500 each time!), i sprinted to my computer to sign up. i love the idea of everything a jeep is supposed to be but god are they a nightmare to own.

HarderCorer

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Great review and summarizes why I want a Bronco.

I've driven a few Wranglers and while it was fun, the thought of doing that daily would wear me out. I'll drive a truck instead. I understand people having a wrangler as a bonus fun car but I just can't make that work.

I think a lot of the members of this forum forget who Ford's target with the Bronco is. It isn't the hard core off roader. They will use you to sell the image but they are looking to sell hundreds of thousands of these things to the road driving masses. This is why I'm so curious to see the crash ratings next month. If they do well, every manufacturer of "adventure SUVs" will be sweating bullets.

DwnSth

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2013 F150, 2014 GC, 2002 TJ,
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Why does that make him the wrong reviewer? The Wrangler annoys me but I am very happy with my Bronco(even though there are some things that they did that make no sense).
It immediatly made it biased to me (and perhaps just to me....I like both vehicles even though I don't have my Bronco yet). I would have rather him say the wrangler had too many shortcomings for him to ever consider. But annoyed is just saying you don't like the vehicle either because it's popular or because it's just not your type of vehicle. I'm glad he changed his tune on true off-road vehicles but not sure that's in any way why he liked the Bronco. I more encouraged by the reviews of life long wrangler owners (like me) that end up praising the Bronco.

JRS993

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ford was making a vehicle with the chance of having a better engine and more importantly a better front suspension setup
Those features are winners for sure. But (coming out of a Jeep Renegade Trailhawk), I've been very pleasantly surprised by Bronco's almost invisible AT. Granted I'm just coming out of mild, break-in usage, but the tranny has been very pleasant icing on the cake.

Sponsored

heynow14

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco - BL SAS MT LUX SOFT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The most accurate statement made in this article::

"The gauges are worse, with a bizarre layout and a linear vertical tachometer seemingly designed to prevent ever accurately reporting what the engine is doing."

Even still...I can't wait for mine...

NotGuilty

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The worst part about owning a Wrangler to me was driving on the freeway. Running flat out to reach the 75mph speed limit and slowing traffic down anytime going uphill because it just couldn't keep up. Having to constantly downshift to maintain speed. Taking a trip in my Jeep was a work out and no fun. Driving down a two lane highway was a totally different story. I am confident that the Bronco will be worlds better on the freeway, especially with an auto trans. I am looking forward to taking a long trip in my Bronco as soon as it arrives. ( hopefully before Christmas)
The JLU is way different. I ordered both the Bronco and Wrangler and ended up not taking delivery of the Wrangler. Yes I did get the chance to drive the Bronco during a Off Roadeo but the Wrangler in my opinion is still the better vehicle. The 2.7 is having way to many issues for me to feel comfortable dropping $60k on a SUV. The 3.6 with E Torque is a great engine. I average 18.5 MPG in the city and get 21+ MPG at 70 MPH on the freeway. I ordered the Xtreme Recon Wrangler so the gearing is improved from the 4.10 that normally comes on the Rubicon to 4.56. Plus I get larger brakes with my bigger tires. Plenty of git up from a dead stop. Drives great at highways speeds. It doesn't hunt for gears like the TJ and JK did. This is the first Jeep I've owned. I've only driven older Wranglers a couple times and I was never impressed. I was never a fan of the older models so I wasn't expecting to love the JL but the 4.56 gears are so good for 35s and the ride is amazing compared to other SUVs and trucks I've owned.

I not saying the Bronco is a bad vehicle. I loved the Bronco but until they add a different hardtop that allows me to mount a roof rack and still use a sundrider I'll hold out. Honestly if Ford would just add a raingutter to the current hardtop I'd probably place another order. The hardtop design was the number 1 reason I hated it. My Rubicon showed up the same week as the Bronco and the MIC 2.0 was still hot garbage. Already splitting at the back of the cargo area. Looked like the apprentice at Webasto was using a dull razorblade cutting the top out of the mold.

BoogieMan1

First Edition
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2DR
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Review was spot on other than the cabin noise. I just sold my 2018 JLU Rubicon that was on 35’s and it was much louder in the cabin when on road and highways. Granted, my First Edition has the complimentary roof liner, it’s a much quieter smoother beast.

the poacher

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Though my Bronco has not yet arrived, hopefully this spring I will see it in my driveway, I recently drove a Gladiator Rubie from Sedona down to Moab (6 hours non-stop) for a day of driving a Bronco at the Off-Roadeo. The highway wandering on the Rubie is quite noticeable, and if it is windy, as it was, you do need to make corrections constantly. After driving the Bronco on highway to get to the trail head, the difference in highway driving is night and day. I think the writer of this story was balanced and insightful. The Bronco is a much better vehicle based on my experience

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Two months in my 4Dr OBX and I just told the wife driving to lunch today that I couldnt imagine being happier in any other vehicle. Home run Ford!
I agree. Im a bit over a month/2,000 miles in my Badlands Sas, and its my absolute favorite vehicle ever owned. Before this was my first gen Wrangler Rubicon...
Sponsored