Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 F-150, 92 Ranger, 85 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

After reading that Ford has received 230,000+ Bronco reservations, I have decided to get in line and reserve one.

I was looking at my local dealers website and they charging $199 for “Capital Nitro Advantage” which is nothing more than filling the tires with nitrogen.

Because I flat out refuse to pay 200 dollars for nitrogen in my tires that will be immediately let out to air down and drive off road, I started looking into other dealerships.

It gets worse: Crossroads Ford is charging $497 for “dealer installed package that includes Ford Protect Surface Care, Llumar Door Edge Guards and Door Handle Cups.”

I don’t want these fees forced on me during purchase and am now starting to understand why some buyers are shunning their local dealers and going several states away so they aren’t ripped off.

My question is has anyone been able to negotiate and not have to pay for these BS additions?

EDIT: I would also welcome any dealer recommendations. I am located in central NC, but don’t mind driving to get a deal.
Sponsored

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
The dealership is going to get their money somehow. If I’m going to get forced into dealer add in’s (probably will) I’ll at least make sure it’s something I want like floor mats or undercoating.

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I was looking at my local dealers website and they charging $199 for “Capital Nitro Advantage” which is nothing more than filling the tires with nitrogen.
I'm pretty sure I'm going to be angry about this for the rest of the day.

RG7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I reserved with Huntersville Ford, they seem to be pretty straightforward and have a dedicated Bronco rep who seems to be on top of things.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How and why a dealer would ever charge for nitrogen filled tires in rig that is meant to be off roaded is beyond me. I would not pay for anything above and beyond what was agreed to on my order sheet.

Sponsored

jtzako

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xterra Pro4x
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nitrogen in a tire is such BS.. Regular air is already almost 80% nitrogen. There would be no benefit to that in an SUV (not to mention the first time you air down for offroading its gone). The only benefit is reduced moisture but even that only really matters for racing.

MarcTut

Outer Banks
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Honda Civic Si, '20 Colorado Z71
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I discussed this with my dealer as a condition for me placing my reservation there. They said I could opt out of anything except the laser etching cause they absolutely do that on every vehicle For security reasons.

I said, “Good, and make sure they don’t do the laser etching either cause I’m not paying for that when you know it’s already sold to someone who doesn’t want that when it arrives.” They said okay. Haha.

VigilantesofMT

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor, 2014 FJ Cruiser TTUE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
After reading that Ford has received 230,000+ Bronco reservations, I have decided to get in line and reserve one.

Because I flat out refuse to pay 200 dollars for nitrogen in my tires that will be immediately let out to air down and drive off road, I started looking into other dealerships.

It gets worse: Crossroads Ford is charging $497 for “dealer installed package that includes Ford Protect Surface Care, Llumar Door Edge Guards and Door Handle Cups.”

I don’t want these fees forced on me during purchase and am now starting to understand why some buyers are shunning their local dealers and going several states away so they aren’t ripped off.

My question is has anyone been able to negotiate and not have to pay for these BS additions?

EDIT: I would also welcome any dealer recommendations. I am located in central NC, but don’t mind driving to get a deal.
Ford allows you to make two reservations. I made one with a local dealer and another out of state that is advertising invoice -$1000. When it comes time to order (December it appears), my plan is go over every detail with both dealers and choose based upon what the final tally is.

I feel the same about unwanted add-ons. If I’m going through the process of ordering a rig l shouldn’t have to pay for stuff I don’t want. If they say no - then I figure it’s time to find someone else.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Nitrogen in a tire is such BS.. Regular air is already almost 80% nitrogen. There would be no benefit to that in an SUV (not to mention the first time you air down for offroading its gone). The only benefit is reduced moisture but even that only really matters for racing.
I got charged $90 for N right at the last minute on my F250, I was PO'd but paid it. Dealer wanted all 5 ratings, and he would have gotten it except for this, he got 3's. If they needed $90 they should have just have negotiated to $90 more, I would have paid it. I still got a great price, but am still pissed about it.

MT/SFA

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 F250 4X4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would look for a different dealer if they are absolutely mandatory. Every new vehicle I have purchased (5), I have negotiated the price with the salesman as an out the door price. I refuse every add-on that they offer, if the final price is not the agreed price, I will walk away. If the dealer has a document fee he better mention it up front, if they try to slip it in at the end their screwed.

Sponsored

BroncoHooves

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I discussed this with my dealer as a condition for me placing my reservation there. They said I could opt out of anything except the laser etching cause they absolutely do that on every vehicle For security reasons.

I said, “Good, and make sure they don’t do the laser etching either cause I’m not paying for that when you know it’s already sold to someone who doesn’t want that when it arrives.” They said okay. Haha.
Laser etching what? lol ridiculous.
Sponsored