Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon XL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@LikeToTurnLeft I love the color. I'm thinking of Xpel Stealth wrapping my Carbonized Grey. How much material did you order to do the job? The precut templates seem to be more expensive than it already needs to be! Buying in bulk seems like a safer bet and would give me more wiggle room. Thanks!
Sponsored

OP
OP
LikeToTurnLeft

LikeToTurnLeft

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Transit Connect & 2007 F150 XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@LikeToTurnLeft I love the color. I'm thinking of Xpel Stealth wrapping my Carbonized Grey. How much material did you order to do the job? The precut templates seem to be more expensive than it already needs to be! Buying in bulk seems like a safer bet and would give me more wiggle room. Thanks!
I have no idea. I donā€™t install PPF. That said, if youā€™ve never done it, donā€™t attempt it yourself. Pay someone to do it correctly. The material is way to expensive to be learning on. Iā€™ve been installing wraps for over 15 years with thousands of cars under my belt and multiple certifications from manufacturers and wouldnā€™t attempt to do PPF solo.

Tarheel_Wes

Black Diamond
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Took delivery of her last Wed. On Friday it was in the shop getting wrapped in Averyā€™s Light Gloss Pistachio. Itā€™s a pastel green. Has a 1960ā€™s vibe to it.

A few of things first. Iā€™m a graphics installer for a living. Iā€™ve wrapped probably 1,000 vehicles in my career. I donā€™t do them much any more because thereā€™s really no money in it. Most of my business is flat walls. But Iā€™ll still do a vehicle a few times a year when itā€™s slow or itā€™s my own. Iā€™ve had this vinyl for a few months now, just waiting on our Bronco to be delivered. We ordered Shadow Black because we knew weā€™d be wrap it. And black vehicles are alway easier and turn out better when done. We picked this Light Pistachio color because it was subtle enough to be different, but not loud enough to be obnoxious. I want to drive down the street and have other Bronco owners look at it and say ā€œwhat?ā€, not ā€œOMGā€. I think we nailed it. The color works so good with the Broncoā€™s body linesā€¦.and heritage.
3EADAC0E-9866-410F-8528-85356A646B17.jpeg
Obviously the break down of handles & fender flares were super easy. Which made the install even quicker. Took me a day to wrap the whole thing. Wifey wanted to keep the Badlands badges so I did. And we both wanted to keep the Bronco logo on the back. So I removed it, wrapped the tailgate and used VHB to re-Install it.
67D90948-DF55-4A4A-8C28-6B26FA84C038.jpeg

I also did strips of PPF in all t he door sills to protect them. Eventually Iā€™ll takeoff the doors and wrap the entire jams. But I donā€™t have the door bags yet, so itā€™ll be while, and to be honest it doesnā€™t even look fun. Any advantage of black. If it started life out Race Red, the jams and rollbar would stand out like crazy and would have to be wrapped. Black goes with everything.

Ofher mods are a-pillar lights, shackles, HearShade bimini (which is awesome!) and black lug nuts. I plan on wrapping the beauty rings in the same color as the body, and then along with the black lug nuts, itā€™ll make the rims pop. The Rough Country leveling kit gets installed this coming weekend. And lastly, itā€™s getting Ceramic Quoted on Wednesday this week.

Couple of answers to questions I know people will have. First, it doesnā€™t look anything it like Cactus Grey. You can see the difference hereā€¦
DF5835FE-6A6E-4DF8-8798-0B2FF771241C.jpeg

Pricing. Tough one to nail nail down. The vinyl cost me $580 and the install was obviously free. I canā€™t and wonā€™t give you exact quotes on what wraps for your Bronco will cost. Because everyone charges different. But Iā€™d guess $2500-$3000 is fair based on what Iā€™d charge. If you want to buy the roll of vinyl yourself Iā€™ll send you the link, then you need to find someone to install it, which again, I can help find you a quality installer in your city. But Iā€™d guess $1000-$1500 for the install alone, because thatā€™s what Iā€™d charge if you called me to install it. (Please donā€™t šŸ˜‚)

How long does a wrap last. About 3 years is average. Depends on how you take care of it. Park it outside itā€™s whole life, never wash it and you let the birds shit on it, youā€™ll get a year. Park it in the garage, wash and wax it and take care of it, 5+ years. Yes, you can wax wraps. Itā€™s actually recommended. Synthetic wax only. Think of it as sunscreen for the vinyl. Itā€™ll keep all the nasty stuff off it. Itā€™s up to you how long you want it to last. Yes, itā€™ll scratch. But light scratches will come out with sunlight hitting it. Drag a shopping cart down the side, itā€™ll tear at it.
99096DE4-EDBD-47E5-A4FC-5AF792253BA6.jpeg
So far Iā€™ve had nothing but compliments. Iā€™m sure someone wonā€™t like the color. And thatā€™s fine. We all like what we like. Next year weā€™re going to wrap it in a Powder Blue and I still want to wrap it in Snow Camoā€¦which blends in to the Arizona landscape perfectly. šŸ˜‚

Sorry if this was asked:

But when you say itā€™ll last 3 years, could last 5 if you take really good care of it, what do you do when it IS time to replace it?

Can it be easily removed and returned to shadow black?

Thatā€™s related to my second question: when you say youā€™ll do a blue wrap next yearā€¦does the green come off or the blue just goes over it?

Thanks !

OP
OP
LikeToTurnLeft

LikeToTurnLeft

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry if this was asked:

But when you say itā€™ll last 3 years, could last 5 if you take really good care of it, what do you do when it IS time to replace it?

Can it be easily removed and returned to shadow black?

Thatā€™s related to my second question: when you say youā€™ll do a blue wrap next yearā€¦does the green come off or the blue just goes over it?

Thanks !
Yes. They can last a long long time. Have to take care of it though. Industry standard says customers keep them on about 3 years. But if you wash and wax it. Keep it out of the sun when not using it. Itā€™ll last a long time. Definitely comes off prior to new wrap. We use a torch and heat it. Pulls right off. Wraps that are way old and burnt on (Iā€™m sure youā€™ve seen wraps thatā€™s are brown and cracking) are a nightmare to remove and could damage the paint. But in general. If the wrap is in good shape, they come right off, clean.

Tarheel_Wes

Black Diamond
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yes. They can last a long long time. Have to take care of it though. Industry standard says customers keep them on about 3 years. But if you wash and wax it. Keep it out of the sun when not using it. Itā€™ll last a long time. Definitely comes off prior to new wrap. We use a torch and heat it. Pulls right off. Wraps that are way old and burnt on (Iā€™m sure youā€™ve seen wraps thatā€™s are brown and cracking) are a nightmare to remove and could damage the paint. But in general. If the wrap is in good shape, they come right off, clean.

Cool Thanks

So, itā€™s pretty easy to return to factory paint?

I have an eruption green coming but am interested in a wrap, if I know I can return to original with no damage, factory paint looking good.

You said black is best, so I assume this dark green wonā€™t be too badā€¦

Sponsored
OP
OP
LikeToTurnLeft

LikeToTurnLeft

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Cool Thanks

So, itā€™s pretty easy to return to factory paint?

I have an eruption green coming but am interested in a wrap, if I know I can return to original with no damage, factory paint looking good.

You said black is best, so I assume this dark green wonā€™t be too badā€¦
Dark Green wonā€™t be to bad. Darker the better. Definitely return to to base. Youā€™ll know when the wrap is getting old. Itā€™ll lose it shine. And if you start to see any discoloration, get the wrap off asap. But keeping it washed and waxed and garaged will make it last a long long time. Neglect it, and itā€™ll last less. Itā€™s the contaminants in the air that sit on the vinyl. Then the sun bakes them. Keeping that crap off it and waxing as a barrier between the bad stuff and the vinyl helps tremendously. Look at PVC piping an pool equipment. Thereā€™s a reason they paint the white pipes. Same concept as waxing your wrap. Youā€™ve seen burnt white PVC pipes. But when pool equipment is painted the pipes donā€™t burn. PVC piping and vinyl wraps are both petroleum products heheh act the same in the elements. Only use synthetic wax. No carnuba and no machine based application.

djp

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
djp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands 4dr || '21 Bronco Sport BigBend
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Very nice, i wrapped the top of my wife's BroncoSport. I was going to do similar when my bronco arrives. May I ask how much product did you buy? (how big of a roll?) thx!

Was there a reply to the amount of material needed? thx

Erick2123

Badlands
First Name
Erick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Acura TLX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Took delivery of her last Wed. On Friday it was in the shop getting wrapped in Averyā€™s Light Gloss Pistachio. Itā€™s a pastel green. Has a 1960ā€™s vibe to it.

A few of things first. Iā€™m a graphics installer for a living. Iā€™ve wrapped probably 1,000 vehicles in my career. I donā€™t do them much any more because thereā€™s really no money in it. Most of my business is flat walls. But Iā€™ll still do a vehicle a few times a year when itā€™s slow or itā€™s my own. Iā€™ve had this vinyl for a few months now, just waiting on our Bronco to be delivered. We ordered Shadow Black because we knew weā€™d be wrap it. And black vehicles are alway easier and turn out better when done. We picked this Light Pistachio color because it was subtle enough to be different, but not loud enough to be obnoxious. I want to drive down the street and have other Bronco owners look at it and say ā€œwhat?ā€, not ā€œOMGā€. I think we nailed it. The color works so good with the Broncoā€™s body linesā€¦.and heritage.
3EADAC0E-9866-410F-8528-85356A646B17.jpeg
Obviously the break down of handles & fender flares were super easy. Which made the install even quicker. Took me a day to wrap the whole thing. Wifey wanted to keep the Badlands badges so I did. And we both wanted to keep the Bronco logo on the back. So I removed it, wrapped the tailgate and used VHB to re-Install it.
67D90948-DF55-4A4A-8C28-6B26FA84C038.jpeg

I also did strips of PPF in all t he door sills to protect them. Eventually Iā€™ll takeoff the doors and wrap the entire jams. But I donā€™t have the door bags yet, so itā€™ll be while, and to be honest it doesnā€™t even look fun. Any advantage of black. If it started life out Race Red, the jams and rollbar would stand out like crazy and would have to be wrapped. Black goes with everything.

Ofher mods are a-pillar lights, shackles, HearShade bimini (which is awesome!) and black lug nuts. I plan on wrapping the beauty rings in the same color as the body, and then along with the black lug nuts, itā€™ll make the rims pop. The Rough Country leveling kit gets installed this coming weekend. And lastly, itā€™s getting Ceramic Quoted on Wednesday this week.

Couple of answers to questions I know people will have. First, it doesnā€™t look anything it like Cactus Grey. You can see the difference hereā€¦
DF5835FE-6A6E-4DF8-8798-0B2FF771241C.jpeg

Pricing. Tough one to nail nail down. The vinyl cost me $580 and the install was obviously free. I canā€™t and wonā€™t give you exact quotes on what wraps for your Bronco will cost. Because everyone charges different. But Iā€™d guess $2500-$3000 is fair based on what Iā€™d charge. If you want to buy the roll of vinyl yourself Iā€™ll send you the link, then you need to find someone to install it, which again, I can help find you a quality installer in your city. But Iā€™d guess $1000-$1500 for the install alone, because thatā€™s what Iā€™d charge if you called me to install it. (Please donā€™t šŸ˜‚)

How long does a wrap last. About 3 years is average. Depends on how you take care of it. Park it outside itā€™s whole life, never wash it and you let the birds shit on it, youā€™ll get a year. Park it in the garage, wash and wax it and take care of it, 5+ years. Yes, you can wax wraps. Itā€™s actually recommended. Synthetic wax only. Think of it as sunscreen for the vinyl. Itā€™ll keep all the nasty stuff off it. Itā€™s up to you how long you want it to last. Yes, itā€™ll scratch. But light scratches will come out with sunlight hitting it. Drag a shopping cart down the side, itā€™ll tear at it.
99096DE4-EDBD-47E5-A4FC-5AF792253BA6.jpeg
So far Iā€™ve had nothing but compliments. Iā€™m sure someone wonā€™t like the color. And thatā€™s fine. We all like what we like. Next year weā€™re going to wrap it in a Powder Blue and I still want to wrap it in Snow Camoā€¦which blends in to the Arizona landscape perfectly. šŸ˜‚
looks awesome! especially with the top down. great job!

Wickedbronco

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks awesome and love the color. Iā€™m going with black for the exact same reason.
Can you share pics of your jams and trunk area? Curious how you did the edge there and how it looks?

Sponsored

choppersean

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands Sasquatch, 2-door, EG, 2.7, Auto
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
VERY JEALOUS! I was hoping they would have more retro colors with the REAL hope they could match my '71 seafoam green. Should have NEVER sold that Bronco.....
Ford Bronco I wrapped my Badlands in Light Pistachio Green IMG_4967.JPEG

Mrpenn46

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands - Cactus Gray
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco I wrapped my Badlands in Light Pistachio Green IMG_4967.JPEG

I'm glad you like your wrap but this is what I feared my Cactus Gray was going to look like because every camera showed a different color. LOL ;-)

OP
OP
LikeToTurnLeft

LikeToTurnLeft

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks awesome and love the color. Iā€™m going with black for the exact same reason.
Can you share pics of your jams and trunk area? Curious how you did the edge there and how it looks?
I didnā€™t do the jamsā€¦.yet. I will when I remove the doors. I donā€™t have door bags, so theyā€™re not coming off anytime soon. Plus wifey has already said she wonā€™t drive it, or even ride in it, with the doors off. So until then, I have no real desire to wrap the jams. All Iā€™ve done, is the door sills are covered in full PPF. I really donā€™t ever love a single color enough to justify the amount of work needed to do them. (Fun fact: When I had my shop about 10 years ago, my guys would give me crap because Iā€™d just about change my wraps when ever my car got dirty. LOL) Weā€™re already leaning towards wrapping it a powder blue. (Jeep has a similar color we love) And I still want to do either Army camo or snow camo. Plus on top of all that, Iā€™m on the list at my dealer for a Bronco Raptor. So Iā€™m not even sure weā€™ll have this current Bronco long enough to warrant the amount of labor needed to do jams.

What do you want a pic of in the back? Let me know and Iā€™ll get it for you. But fair warning, nothing is wrapped. Just the face of the tailgate. I didnā€™t wrap the hingesā€¦.I donā€™t have too because itā€™s a base black color. (One more advantage of black šŸ˜‰ )
Sponsored