Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sportage :(, Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wondering the same thing. Guessing Dirt Mountain accounts for some of it, but there aren’t 18k vehicles there.

Even with shipping issues, it seems odd that 41% of total production has not been sold yet. But I know nothing about what post-production to ready-for-sale times should look like in the auto industry.

I guess if you write off all of November production as still in transit, that brings us down to 8k. Maybe another thousand or so still at DM is 7k, but that number could be higher so maybe the truly unaccounted for number is lower than 7k.

Still though, that’s a lot for a vehicle that is unobtanium. Could be that consumers are becoming more price sensitive to lot Broncos being offered at high markups and they’re sitting, but again just speculation.
There are probably at least 5k Broncos that are mannequins, review trucks, Off Rodeo trucks etc. which would bring the number down to 13k or so, with 10k built last month I don’t think 13k in limbo between shipping, dirt mountain, and airbag recall is that far fetched
Sponsored

jsully10

Big Bend
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Fusion SE
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Only 25k of the 43k made are sold? Where are all these extra unclaimed broncos sitting at?
I bet it is all those ones stuck in production that Ford wont do anything about

22greenfordbronco

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 mini cooper, 2020 Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
He joined a week ago and is now the resident expert in all things MAP production

Don't underestimate the ADM game!
It’s cute you think every Bronco produced is for a customer. I’ve been here for a full year longer than you sweetheart.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Assuming 11K Broncos/mo. as a rough number that’s 132K in the ’22 CY (not including Dec. ’21). How many orders are there existing/not filled to date?
There was around 190,000 reservations when orders opened up in January.

Seems like they'll be around 50,000 Broncos built for MY 2021 when all is said and done. So that leaves 140,000 left to be built. Based on the November numbers, Ford could probably put out 11,000 - 12,000 a month as long as supply keeps up. So that would allow them to clear most if not all of the backlog for the original 190,000 reservations. That said, it would NOT allow them to clear the additional 40,000 reservations that were made between January and when they closed the reservation system in August.

But the limiting factor here appears to be supply chain issues, not the final assembly line. The folks at Michigan Assembly have proven they can scale up production quickly as long as they have the components.

Sponsored

xusarmy

Outer Banks
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Bronco November 2021 Sales & Production Highlights
  • Bronco Sales (November): 8,287 vehicles. Sales (YTD): 25,855 vehicles.
    • November sales represent a 12.5% increase over October.
  • Bronco Production (November): 10,504 vehicles. Production (YTD): 43,711 vehicles.
    • November production represents a 37% increase over October.

Screen Shot 2021-12-02 at 9.43.45 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-12-02 at 9.21.22 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-12-02 at 9.35.53 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-12-02 at 9.36.02 AM.jpg
Here is the number I would like to see. Bronco's BUILT vs SOLD. I have a Bronco sitting in some rail yard in TX since 11/21 without any idea of when it will be delivered to the dealership, and Im not the only one.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Seems like they'll be around 50,000 Broncos built for MY 2021 when all is said and done. So that leaves 140,000 left to be built. Based on the November numbers, Ford could probably put out 11,000 - 12,000 a month as long as supply keeps up. So that would allow them to clear most if not all of the backlog for the original 190,000 reservations. That said, it would NOT allow them to clear the additional 40,000 reservations that were made between January and when they closed the reservation system in August.

But the limiting factor here appears to be supply chain issues, not the final assembly line. The folks at Michigan Assembly have proven they can scale up production quickly as long as they have the components.
Ford should of put a pause to new reservations/orders at some point to reduce that crazy pool but we know how that goes, now the backlog is a black hole.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Don't be a negative Nellie. You are ignoring allocations and ones place in line at their dealer.
yes, what a brilliant way to sell a vehicle...I love watching people with no res drop by a dealership and buy an optioned up Bronco and almost immediately get built while some of us have waited 500+ days.

Were the rose tinted glasses bought on a Black Friday sale?

Altitude

Badlands
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Grand Cherokee, 2008 Suzuki B-King
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It would be interesting to know the exact number of outstanding reservations that have been converted to orders that are still waiting to be filled. I really don't foresee Ford wanting to continue to have unfulfilled 2020 reservations / orders into 2023 and beyond. Its an anchor around their neck. As an October 2020 Granger reservation, I hope they will make a real push to complete these 2020 orders in MY 2022 when and if the demand drops from their 'preferred dealers', of course.

Last edited:

CPL_Rabbit

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Minivan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

that would allow them to clear most if not all of the backlog for the original 190,000 reservations. That said, it would NOT allow them to clear the additional 40,000 reservations that were made between January and when they closed the reservation system in August.
That also fails to account for Ford's unknown allocations. They've made it clear that reservation stamp is not the primary driver. Dealers will get deliveries based on how Ford wants to distribute them. Meaning preferred dealerships will get stock units while Granger, Stephens, etc have a long backlog of reservations.

Sponsored

22greenfordbronco

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 mini cooper, 2020 Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
yes, what a brilliant way to sell a vehicle...I love watching people with no res drop by a dealership and buy an optioned up Bronco and almost immediately get built while some of us have waited 500+ days.

Were the rose tinted glasses bought on a Black Friday sale?
Don’t even waste your time on him or his friend. Reality is offensive and all Bronco reservations will be built by summer, “it’s simple math.”

Ford Bronco Bronco November 2021 Sales & Production Numbers: 8,287 Sold / 10,504 Produced 1638464005884

Enginerd39

Badlands
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Calm down, people. Over 10,000 produced a month (especially in this industrial climate) is a big step in the right direction.

Also, I'm guessing a big part of the the difference between the 25k sold and 43k produced could easily be the Broncos recently produced that are in shipment or not yet driven off the dealer lot. If it takes a month to do that, for example, that's 10k right there.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That also fails to account for Ford's unknown allocations. They've made it clear that reservation stamp is not the primary driver. Dealers will get deliveries based on how Ford wants to distribute them. Meaning preferred dealerships will get stock units while Granger, Stephens, etc have a long backlog of reservations.
Yeah, I agree. Although honestly I don't think it has anything to do with Ford playing favorites with dealerships. It's just the allocation system they have, and it's similar to Ford's usual allocation formula they've used in the past with all vehicles.

The problem I have is that the reservation system seems to directly conflict with the allocation system, which in turn directly impacts customers. So while I think it is fair and completely reasonable for Ford to allocate vehicles to dealers based on past sales performance, it is unfair to us as customers who rushed to get a reservation in and are now trapped because we decided to pick a certain dealer.

Chances are there will be people with a 2020 reservation who will get pushed to 2023 simply because of the reservation system.

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Context: 6,520 Rangers + 10,504 Broncos = 17,024. 25 work days in November = 680 per day. It has been said that MAP can produce 500 per shift, 2 shifts a day = 1,000 a day at full operation. 680 vs. 1,000.................unfortunately to date MAP has been unable to get to full capacity. Not a bitch, just context. On the happier side; at this lower production speed it will take 9.5 months to build the back log of 100,000 reservation/orders. Add in other builds from new incoming orders (being built because parts are available for them and not for orders (hard to imagine))....this is why some of us reservation holders may not see ours till the end of 2022 and some will be pushed to MY23 (assuming production does not speed up and no other "problems" occur).
Sponsored