First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Here’s an idea….why don’t those geniuses at the plant order a shitload of hitches and and harnesses from Ford Parts like they’re telling their customers to do and just install the fucking things. How come we can get items from their constrained list but the plant can’t?
I received a scheduled build for 1/17 on my 2dr WT, Lux, Tow, etc……funny thing is after reserving in the first 10 minutes on 7/13/20 and waiting all this time…..it gets scheduled 2 weeks after I told my dealership to code 99 it. Good one Ford….I see what you did there.
Sponsored

Bdockins

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Here’s an idea….why don’t those geniuses at the plant order a shitload of hitches and and harnesses from Ford Parts like they’re telling their customers to do and just install the fucking things. How come we can get items from their constrained list but the plant can’t?
I received a scheduled build for 1/17 on my 2dr WT, Lux, Tow, etc……funny thing is after reserving in the first 10 minutes on 7/13/20 and waiting all this time…..it gets scheduled 2 weeks after I told my dealership to code 99 it. Good one Ford….I see what you did there.
So they didn’t 99 it. . . But hey welcome back Wyo!!!

Scout1

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150, 2007 H3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This memo was sent to Ford dealers today to help guide customers improve their chances of getting their Bronco order scheduled.

To improve a customer's chance of getting their order scheduled, we recommend they consider making the following adjustments based on our most constrained commodities:
Remove From Order And Install Later (part #'s listed below - must be ordered via parts department):
  • Paint Protection Film (nationally capacity is 2% vs. 14% order mix)
    • Alternative: Paint Protection Film (Part #VM2DZ-2120000-A)
  • Trailer Tow (national capacity is 31% vs. 62% order mix)
    • Alternative: Trailer Hitch Kit (#MB3Z-19D520-A) & Wiring Harness for Trailer Hitch Kit (#FT1Z-15A416-A)
  • MIC Hard Top (switch to soft top w/ prep kit on 4 door)
We reserved on 8/3/20. We did these 3 things. The Bronco is sitting in my garage right now.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I must be missing something here; WTflyinF is so tough about a trailer tow package?!?
My admittedly largely uneducated guess is there is something with the 7-pin connector that is causing the delays. The only way to get the 7-pin connector is with the factory tow package. The hitch itself and the 4-pin you can easily get via accessories. So there has to be some chip in some control module that enables you to easily integrate with a trailer brake controller. And that is what is constraining the entire package. I can't think of what else it would be other than that.

For those that don't need a trailer brake controller... I'd be dropping the tow package immediately.

Unfortunately I'm one of those that wants the trailer brake controller--actually have it sitting next to me in a box--so guess I'm sticking around for the long haul.

Sponsored

Lake Tahoe Traveler

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2dr BL SASQ, & 1975 Bronco Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This memo was sent to Ford dealers today to help guide customers improve their chances of getting their Bronco order scheduled.

To improve a customer's chance of getting their order scheduled, we recommend they consider making the following adjustments based on our most constrained commodities:
Remove From Order And Install Later (part #'s listed below - must be ordered via parts department):
    • Alternative: Trailer Hitch Kit (#MB3Z-19D520-A) & Wiring Harness for Trailer Hitch Kit (#FT1Z-15A416-A)
I will gladly order a soft top for my 2door….(Shipped with or without soft Top) .

Just make the 2door model available…and Hard top prepped (like the 4 door presently)

(I will purchase a hard top when it becomes available like current 4door soft top customers)

Easyily done … with the Ford optional (aka existing) 2door Best Top Soft Top
Again shipped with it or without a soft top (dealer or customer installed)

Commodity Problem solved
Ford Bronco Removing these 3 constraints / commodities will improve your Bronco order’s chances of getting scheduled - says Ford D6BF0101-B40A-47C7-8BCF-CD2C73778B0C
Best Top

Last edited:

sniffHound

First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Wha?

My wife told me I have to have these options if I ordered a Bronco.

Beginning to think she was on this board before I was.

Honey!

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not changing a thing. Besides with the lack of quality control on these things waiting allows more needed cooking in the Beta Tester oven & the after market to catch up with things like much needed lower control arm & shock protection. :cool:

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My admittedly largely uneducated guess is there is something with the 7-pin connector that is causing the delays. The only way to get the 7-pin connector is with the factory tow package. The hitch itself and the 4-pin you can easily get via accessories. So there has to be some chip in some control module that enables you to easily integrate with a trailer brake controller. And that is what is constraining the entire package. I can't think of what else it would be other than that.

For those that don't need a trailer brake controller... I'd be dropping the tow package immediately.

Unfortunately I'm one of those that wants the trailer brake controller--actually have it sitting next to me in a box--so guess I'm sticking around for the long haul.
Agreed. However, Ford is listing the hitch and 4 pin harness as a a suitable sub for customers to order in lieu of factory installation. Be that as it may, that option is available to Ford as well, so offer the hitch install and a slight discount for the 4 pin vs. the 7 pin.

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So they didn’t 99 it. . . But hey welcome back Wyo!!!
Correct. The GSM input the 99 and then failed to hit submit…..as the story goes. They’re trying to cancel and resubmit with my original reservation number, but since a vin is assigned I’m not holding out much hope. If it shows in Feb of 22 I suppose I’ll flip my abandoned order BB acquisition and buy it, then perhaps flip the WT for the Raptor version on the summer…..I’ve been told I get first dibs, but I imagine I’ll be priced out and keep the WT regardless.
Thanks for the welcome back Bdockins…..had a rough few months and just getting back to living.

Sponsored

WCS67

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As someone that has the MIC top and the tow package, not a chance I'd drop either just to get the bronco quicker. My dealership's demo broncos are both soft tops and there is no way I'd do that now that I know the difference.
Agreed, I’ve seen a few soft tops in person and I absolutely hate them. Ford’s version just looks sloppy.

Five-O Donut Hole

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Raptor-Loaded-Original Owner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have have all of deadly sin constraints and am not dropping a damn thing….build it the way i want or suck it Ford.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Agreed. However, Ford is listing the hitch and 4 pin harness as a a suitable sub for customers to order in lieu of factory installation. Be that as it may, that option is available to Ford as well, so offer the hitch install and a slight discount for the 4 pin vs. the 7 pin.
Actually... now that you bring that up, I suspect most dealers would be willing to work something out. It is in the dealer's best interest that your Bronco is built and sold to you... it pads their sales numbers. So I betcha most dealers would be willing to install the hitch/4-pin accessory with a discount on the installation fee to bring it at least in-line with the factory tow package price.

I wish they would allow the two door to be built with the soft top. it is an option, why not allow it in place of the hardtop to ease constraints
It seems like the obvious answer, so I'm I guessing the only reason why they haven't is because they just don't have a 2-door version designed and ready for production. I would not at all be surprised if they are working on one and we'll see it in 2023 or 2024, but that's just pure speculation on my part.

The obvious answer is just to approach Bestop since they already have one. But for all we know Ford already tried that approach and Bestop said no due to prior contractual commitments, or they simply don't have the manufacturing capacity that Ford needs to really make a difference.

Jnic815

Outer Banks
First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 F150, 00 WS6, 95 OBS Dually, 87 PETE 379
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

2Dr reservation holders are still screwed. I already removed ppf on my 21 res. I’m having a hard time compromising on the tow pack when I can’t even order the thing without the d@mm hardtop and get a bestop installed at the dealer.

I live in Texas, I wanted a factory 2dr soft top to begin with. It’s soft top weather 75% of the time here anyways and now I’m stuck with a hardtop I didn’t even want.
Sponsored