Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco HOSS 3.0 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Am i the only one here who actually wanted a soft top???

I dropped tow, which I did want, and got a build date for my Eruption Green BD (1/17).

I live in Georgia where the weather is mostly pleasant, so the soft top was always more appealing to me.

I wasn't willing to give up the 2.7 6cyl and I'm glad I stuck to my guns on that.
Sponsored

ChrisCozart

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond (non-Sas.)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This memo was sent to Ford dealers today to help guide customers improve their chances of getting their Bronco order scheduled.

To improve a customer's chance of getting their order scheduled, we recommend they consider making the following adjustments based on our most constrained commodities:
Remove From Order And Install Later (part #'s listed below - must be ordered via parts department):
  • Paint Protection Film (nationally capacity is 2% vs. 14% order mix)
    • Alternative: Paint Protection Film (Part #VM2DZ-2120000-A)
  • Trailer Tow (national capacity is 31% vs. 62% order mix)
    • Alternative: Trailer Hitch Kit (#MB3Z-19D520-A) & Wiring Harness for Trailer Hitch Kit (#FT1Z-15A416-A)
  • MIC Hard Top (switch to soft top w/ prep kit on 4 door)
I stood firm with MIC top and 2 door when converting to a 2022 order but dropped Sas and tow package....my order was scheduled for production several days later. I will order the towing hitch from Summit for $112, add larger tires myself and forgo the front locker to get close enough to the Sas. Also plan to add Ford Performance suspension when it's available in a few months. 17 month wait is long enough. My '06 expedition is getting tired.

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

For the alternative trailer towing, isn't the harness hard to install? I'd drop it and install myself if it was as easy as other vehicles I've had.
As others mentioned, if you just want lights and a hitch then $200 and a few hours will get you a 4-flat connector and hitch. Adding OEM trailer braking will not be trivial so I would've put it on my order but it was not an option on the base.

My admittedly largely uneducated guess is there is something with the 7-pin connector that is causing the delays. The only way to get the 7-pin connector is with the factory tow package. The hitch itself and the 4-pin you can easily get via accessories. So there has to be some chip in some control module that enables you to easily integrate with a trailer brake controller. And that is what is constraining the entire package. I can't think of what else it would be other than that.

For those that don't need a trailer brake controller... I'd be dropping the tow package immediately.

Unfortunately I'm one of those that wants the trailer brake controller--actually have it sitting next to me in a box--so guess I'm sticking around for the long haul.
The factory brake controller comes from North Macedonia so the constraint is probably getting it shipped from Europe to MAP.

OhhhhhhSnap

Black Diamond
First Name
Elan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Pathfinder, 04 F150, 14 CRV. 22 BD Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This is probably a dumb question I can easily google but, how hard is it to install a tow package yourself? Never bought a vehicle without one before.

Last edited:

Sponsored

dbeyers

Base
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

BroncoScotThai

Badlands
First Name
Adool Ferguson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This memo was sent to Ford dealers today to help guide customers improve their chances of getting their Bronco order scheduled.

To improve a customer's chance of getting their order scheduled, we recommend they consider making the following adjustments based on our most constrained commodities:
Remove From Order And Install Later (part #'s listed below - must be ordered via parts department):
  • Paint Protection Film (nationally capacity is 2% vs. 14% order mix)
    • Alternative: Paint Protection Film (Part #VM2DZ-2120000-A)
  • Trailer Tow (national capacity is 31% vs. 62% order mix)
    • Alternative: Trailer Hitch Kit (#MB3Z-19D520-A) & Wiring Harness for Trailer Hitch Kit (#FT1Z-15A416-A)
  • MIC Hard Top (switch to soft top w/ prep kit on 4 door)
Don’t have any of these options and still won’t get mine in 2022..lol

nminus1

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Duramax, Trailblazer, and Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
I ordered SAS, 2.7 and kept my 2 door, therefore MIC. 7/14 reservation, 1/17/22 build date. My only advice would be to others is to stick to your guns and get what you want. Trailer hitch who cares you can get one anywhere and cheaper. JMO.

TurkeyRun

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, '02 F-350, 21 Expy, 4 Harleys and a BMW GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford: Dual Top Option!
Me: Yes Please!
Ford: Oh.. bad news, choose one or the other
Me: Shoot, ok, I'll take the hard top
Ford: You chose.... poorly
<time passes>
Ford: Sorry, you're not getting a 2021, stay pumped, pretty colors in 2022
Me: <shit - I'm ordering Oxford White, who cares!>
Ford: Congratulations! You have a build week of 6 December 2021!
Me: Wait.... what? Um....yay?
Ford: Just kidding, we mean 13 December 2021
Me: <that 2002 Grand Cherokee in my driveway actually has nothing wrong with it......>

Last edited:

Sponsored

Scape Goat

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Nissan Frontier SV 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So are the constraints on SAS and Lux not a big deal anymore? I am tossing the idea of giving up squatch and doing it later if I really want it.

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Newp! I ordered a WildTrak hard top and that's what I'm getting. Probably inn MY23 but dammit I'm getting one! :D
Im with you. I dont want a floppy boat canvas on my car, except as an occasional accessory for beach vacations. Im pleased with the quality and functionality of my 4dr MIC top, and I'm glad I waited. But to each person, their own choice!

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So are the constraints on SAS and Lux not a big deal anymore? I am tossing the idea of giving up squatch and doing it later if I really want it.
Constrained materials or components have changed somewhat, but this announcement from Ford is the clearest and most detailed I've seen, even giving the percentages of components ordered, vs Fords percentage of materials available. It would seem Ford can be taken literally here. Re the MIC top, at least there is a HT kit included to add a hard top later, and get a rag top now. Last Spring & Summer, that kit wasnt an option, one of Fords biggest production blunders IMO. Some of us were pleading for it last February and March, but it didnt come until September.

Seatmandan

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, '11 Ford Edge, '10 Ford Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
…or just order it exactly the way you want it, with some of these “options” l, and get it exactly the way you want it?
Sponsored