First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands Sasquatch, 2-door, EG, 2.7, Auto
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Also, take caution when posting anything you hear from a dealer. We chalk those up as a "my dealer said" and make you do a shot for each one. If you spend just a bit of time on here reading and researching you are going to be way more informed then they are.
@BlueBronco , once again, thanks for the advice. I am an optimist and I do value ethics and I feel good about what I hear from my dealer. I can take the ridicule all anyone wants to give, but I believe in goodness and ethics when I see things first hand. Everyone can apply their experiences elsewhere to my case and that is just totally bullshit. B6G is an echo chamber....which I hate. First hand experience is the only one worth value. I'll heed the advice and will be reluctant to post any further unless I can show something I have directly or where there are credible and verifiable sources.

SHeesh.......didn't feel like my optimistic, hopeful, and informational(?) original post would stir up such visceral shit. I hope you all don't walk through life with that weight on your shoulders.

donspillman

Black Diamond
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F-150 4X4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
@BlueBronco , once again, thanks for the advice. I am an optimist and I do value ethics and I feel good about what I hear from my dealer. I can take the ridicule all anyone wants to give, but I believe in goodness and ethics when I see things first hand. Everyone can apply their experiences elsewhere to my case and that is just totally bullshit. B6G is an echo chamber....which I hate. First hand experience is the only one worth value. I'll heed the advice and will be reluctant to post any further unless I can show something I have directly or where there are credible and verifiable sources.

SHeesh.......didn't feel like my optimistic, hopeful, and informational(?) original post would stir up such visceral shit. I hope you all don't walk through life with that weight on your shoulders.
Tow had been an issue for months. It does NOT make sense. That should be easy, but it has been a constraint. My dealer did not know this and encouraged me not to drop it, said one time Ford didn't wanting changing anything (could be true, it was when we were transitioning from 2021 to 2022), and I finally got him to drop it last week. I hope it helps. Anyway, I'm sure your dealer was giving you the information he/she thought was correct. The "my dealer said" issues are more about not knowing than being untruthful. Also, I've found a lot of good info from this site, some before dealers have a clue. You just have to shift through everything. You'll find out who is shooting straight. Not for everyone maybe, but it's an everyday read for me. I hope your dealer is right about next week. At some point we will know who will be built in Feb. (maybe a few late Jan). Good luck!

Jason

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands & 2023 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Fair enough, @pan-y-cerveza , but I have been spending an unhealthy amount of time on B6G over the last week since I joined and I do feel a vast majority of what I see is an awful lot of opinion.
@BlueBronco
I am sorry you didn’t get a warm welcome, and your post was trying to be helpful.

The problem though is that many of us have spent an unhealthy amount of time here for months and years. We have had 500+ days of inconsistent, nonexistent, or blatantly contradictory statements from Ford. It’s 200+ days of dealers jacking up the price of users’ Broncos at the last minute even after agreement to charge MSRP. It’s so-many-posts starting with, “My Dealer Said”, which come from a good place but end up being woefully inaccurate.

In your specific case, your dealer gave you some good information, but some is wrong. Regarding priority codes, for example, 10-19 are the exact same. The reservation timestamp replaced the priority code for Bronco orders, except for Priority Code 99.

I do appreciate your sharing your dealer information, and don’t take the skepticism personally. We’ve just been at this a long time.

Sponsored

HEMI_Shaker

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Dodge Challanger 392 Shaker (Sublime gree
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I totally thought this was a troll post and full of BS until I read:

“This came directly from the Dealer's lead person”

Now I know you speak the truth since it came directly from the Lead Person.

Ford Bronco Excellent Conversation with My Dealer Today 968CC0BF-D90B-4BDD-BF47-6A8B580FD4D9

smahones

Badlands
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

22greenfordbronco

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 mini cooper, 2020 Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Damn. I’m kind of jealous I didn’t think of pulling this myself. We’re dicks here, at least I know I am. After 473 days of bullshit and blatant stupidity from Ford and dealers, t he e only thing we will believe is a Bronco in our driveway.

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Was the tow package on that list? If so, think about that......really think about that. You REALLY believe that a bit of wiring harness, an electrical connector, and a bit of bent/welded steel is going to hold up production of a vehicle? My opinion......someone is smoking crack to believe that. With all the computer chip shortages (real), all the MIC hard top issues, the complexity of Ecoboost engine everything.......all in comparison to a fucking tow package. Come on......give me a break.

I guess we'll just have to see what ACTUALLY goes down in the next month or so.
mate did you forget there's a global chip shortage, and there's an entire "Trailer Tow Module" that needs to be installed to support a trailer brake controller and that bit of wiring you mentioned?

Sponsored

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

mate did you forget there's a global chip shortage, and there's an entire "Trailer Tow Module" that needs to be installed to support a trailer brake controller and that bit of wiring you mentioned?
Why use common sense and logic when ignorance will do?

21BRONCO

Badlands
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was a 7/13 9:30PM PST reservation holder.
I have a 4dr MIC badlands with SAS LUX package and got scheduled for 1/17 from the last scheduling after I told my dealer to put me in priority code 19 when when I was unknowingly was placed in priority 99.

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

sorry for everyone jumping on you OP, but in all fairness you did essentially say forum members were full of shit, when many many many of us have received our commodity constraint emails and modified builds as a result. I'm a fairly late reservation, modified from MIC to soft top, modified from 2.7L 10s to 2.3L 7MT, and my Bronco is currently on a train heading to my dealership right now. I don't think a single dealer's unfounded opinion on commodity constraints is going to hold much weight when Ford themselves has told us to change orders if we want to receive Broncos faster.

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was a 7/13 9:30PM PST reservation holder.
I have a 4dr MIC badlands with SAS LUX package and got scheduled for 1/17 from the last scheduling after I told my dealer to put me in priority code 19 when when I was unknowingly was placed in priority 99.
Getting stuck as priority 99 is definitely a thing -- to my knowledge, dealers have to manually remove configs from priority 99 to make them eligible for scheduling. I was a priority 99 prior to switching to a soft top.

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Remember the good old days when Rusty was going to test drive a 2 door Bronco? He didn’t believe us over the dealer either. But he was at least a good “sport” about it.

OP, There is a lot of information on this forum. Yes, the search isn’t the greatest but over time you begin to know who to listen to and who not to. You are right, there are lots of opinions. Just like watching the news. Lots of opinions with an occasional fact thrown in. If you hang around long enough, you’ll figure it out and perhaps even enjoy the ride. Best not to get too upset, it is what it is.
Sponsored