NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
i see nothing wrong with what he said. However, i have not seen his other tweets.

but you sound like you've never been in a position where you may or may not have more information than someone else.

1. things get changed all the time. If he tells you A then all of a sudden its B, you're going to get pissed.

2. He has to get clearance on everything he says and it is not always clear what you can and can not tell the public or even coworkers

3. Internally, people should not found out about things from twitter before internal meetings. How would you feel if your significant other posted on twitter "i bought a new car" without telling you first?

You guys have to understand that even the biggest companies in the word have last minute changes or hiccups along the way. Nothing is set in stone until it is written of by 15 different cross functional teams and even then you never know.
The issue is nothing was gained from his comment, there was nothing positive that could have came from the doubling down on the previous answer by way of snarky remark.

Edit: It also suggests a very short fuse. As someone that works for a large corporation that reaches all over the globe, I don’t typically deal with customers but rather dealers for our products. I get some questions/attitudes that, on the right days, don’t just don’t help the day to put it one way.

It goes without saying I can’t get snarky with our dealers - unless I’m one of the old guys that’s past retirement and just work for something to do. They just don’t care.
Sponsored

Last edited:

John B+9

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'03 F-150, '13 Golf TDI, '21 GX460
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Ford exec said today it’s 150,000
Can't help noting that 150,000 is two thirds of 230,000. You'd expect a CFO to be conservative on an earnings call with investors. 230,000 reservations may be the actual number with an adjustment to be conservative. Otherwise at the earnings call early next year "how come you didn't get the 150,000 Bronco orders you told us about in July?"

OP
OP
The Driving Viking

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Can't help noting that 150,000 is two thirds of 230,000. You'd expect a CFO to be conservative on an earnings call with investors. 230,000 reservations may be the actual number with an adjustment to be conservative. Otherwise at the earnings call early next year "how come you didn't get the 150,000 Bronco orders you told us about in July?"
I don't think so. I think they are stating the real number. Where did the 230k come from anyway?

Sponsored

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't think so. I think they are stating the real number. Where did the 230k come from anyway?
I read an article the 150k reservations are just for the Big Bronco - maybe the 230k number adds the baby bronco

OP
OP
The Driving Viking

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
I read an article the 150k reservations are just for the Big Bronco - maybe the 230k number adds the baby bronco
Maybe. Its possible.

coolrain

Badlands
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Ranger, 2014 Camaro 1LE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
i see nothing wrong with what he said. However, i have not seen his other tweets.

but you sound like you've never been in a position where you may or may not have more information than someone else.

1. things get changed all the time. If he tells you A then all of a sudden its B, you're going to get pissed.

2. He has to get clearance on everything he says and it is not always clear what you can and can not tell the public or even coworkers

3. Internally, people should not found out about things from twitter before internal meetings. How would you feel if your significant other posted on twitter "i bought a new car" without telling you first?

You guys have to understand that even the biggest companies in the word have last minute changes or hiccups along the way. Nothing is set in stone until it is written of by 15 different cross functional teams and even then you never know.
[/ View attachment 18552
[/
Ford Bronco I think we all need to calm down. ? 1596155650443

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

icavedin

Base
First Name
Ami
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'86 4runner, '91 318iS, '07 4runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hot take: Mr. Levine knows exactly what he’s doing with his arbitrary responses. Leaving them open ended allows constant chatter filled with speculation and buzz to continue both on and off the forums for the Bronco brand.
And [spoiler alert] it’s working.

The Ford Bronco is playing that “hard-to-get” girl/guy you had a crush on in grade school.

BroncoFanBoy

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Lol... Dang, ya’ll getting so triggered over some dudes twitter bc he’s passive aggressive.

Sponsored

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I think the purpose reservations will serve, for Ford anyway, is to gauge the demand for each trim as a percentage. Parts suppliers can only supply so many parts, so if Dana can build 200,00 rear axles they can now predict in what percentage to produce each. ie 6% 3.73's, 28% 4.26 etc. This way parts suppliers can now get a headstart on parts production based on reservation mix.

For buyers it gives us a place in line.

FJ 432

Badlands
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP, In the immortal words of David Byrne... "stop making sense";)

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

That number came from “somebody” here and went to all

Ducky

Wildtrak
First Name
L
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Even still. 150k is really not that crazy of a number. Especially when you consider as i said Ford pumps out 900k Ford F150s out every year. I just think people are getting worried for nothing.
TL : DR Don't worry, but slightly concerned. ?

I agree with you for the most part. The only issue I see with comparing the Bronco production with the F150 production is, the F150s are made in 2 plants (Dearborn Truck Plant and KC Assembly Plant - total >11K employees & >2300 acres) and the Bronco will be assembled in one plant along with the Ranger at the much smaller MAP(total ~3K employees & 370 acres). But, as you have said, I'm sure the actually number will be much less once the reservations are converted to true orders.

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalanche, Tracker, S-10, 911, GTI, Volt, 528i
Your Bronco Model
Base
You'd expect a CFO to be conservative on an earnings call with investors. 230,000 reservations may be the actual number with an adjustment to be conservative.
The CFO at Ford is not arbitrarily changing the reservation number for conservatism purposes or any other reason. Analysts aren’t stupid, they know what reservations vs orders mean.

That is a good one! I think Ford would be more excited about 80K Sport orders than 150k regular orders ?. If you read some of the comments where dealers have shared preorder numbers it something like 50 Broncos and 1 Sport. Seems there is zero buzz around the Sport. I think it’s a nice looking rig.
Sponsored